TheProfessional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what an old *** thread
Old 01-17-2007, 01:07 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheProfessional
what an old *** thread
True, dat, but I have had this thread saved for about a year now... Always knew I wanted the MOMO with the airbag, now I have decided to get it and hope to find somone who can order it for me ;-)
Old 01-17-2007, 03:35 PM
widebody350

Brent...try Arthur over at Frederick Nissan. He might be able to get it since they have access to a lot of JDM stuff as you know.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:32 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BamBam
True, dat, but I have had this thread saved for about a year now... Always knew I wanted the MOMO with the airbag, now I have decided to get it and hope to find somone who can order it for me ;-)

I do have one sitting in my storage... I still haven't figured out how to wire the airbag.. Too lazy I guess and I rather sell this and save up for built short block... I got it from the japanese yahoo auction when I started this thread. I might let it go if the price is right~ ^^ BTW, I'm in South Korea. Shipping cost won't be too bad.. $60~$100 Send me an offer~ If you want, I'll take some pics and post it.

Last edited by leeboyNY; 01-17-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
I have US spec performance model, so I have a cruise control, but here in korea I cannot use it anywhere since there are way too many cars around even in a highway...

hehe try downtown tokyo
Old 01-17-2007, 06:03 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by Reyes_USN
hehe try downtown tokyo
Dude haven't you seen the FF Tokyo drift? They drift around the downtown Tokyo all the time dude~ HA~Ha~Ha~ Just kidding~
Old 01-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Reyes_USN

Dude haven't you seen the FF Tokyo drift? They drift around the downtown Tokyo all the time dude~ HA~Ha~Ha~ Just kidding~

Old 01-17-2007, 07:35 PM
BamBam

I do have one sitting in my storage... I still haven't figured out how to wire the airbag.. Too lazy I guess and I rather sell this and save up for built short block... I got it from the japanese yahoo auction when I started this thread. I might let it go if the price is right~ ^^ BTW, I'm in South Korea. Shipping cost won't be too bad.. $60~$100 Send me an offer~ If you want, I'll take some pics and post it.
I understood the problem to getting this in the US was shipping the airbag? Can you ship it back to the US from Korea? I am interested, but not sure you will have any sucess trying to ship it back here.
By the way, this is the Type-B wheel right?
Thanks.
--B
Old 01-17-2007, 07:46 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

I understood the problem to getting this in the US was shipping the airbag? Can you ship it back to the US from Korea? I am interested, but not sure you will have any sucess trying to ship it back here.
By the way, this is the Type-B wheel right?
Thanks.
--B
Hi,

Yeah, it's the one I posted on the first page. I don't see any problem shipping it from my end.. I'm just gonna mark it as an automobile performance part. I don't know how picky the US customs will be about inspecting every goods coming into the US.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:53 PM
BamBam

So what is the wiring problem. I see there are claims that Z1 is the only company that can install it. How difficult can that wiring be? I would plan on having Forged do the install, plus a quick release hub, for me.
I am very interested though. Could you post some pics?
Any idea of what you price you are looking for?
Thanks man.
--B
Old 01-17-2007, 08:03 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

So what is the wiring problem. I see there are claims that Z1 is the only company that can install it. How difficult can that wiring be? I would plan on having Forged do the install, plus a quick release hub, for me.
I am very interested though. Could you post some pics?
Any idea of what you price you are looking for?
Thanks man.
--B
There are two sets of wires that hook up to the OEM airbag, but this momo airbag only has one socket, so you have to combine these two set of wires or discard one... It's something to do with 2-stage vs 1-stage airbag... Someone mentioned in this thread I think, and if you or Sharif have the wiring diagrams from the manual and can figure out what each wires do, I'm sure it will work with no problem whatsoever. I believe I paid $700 when I got it. This handle being so rare in US, I would have to ask for a little more than what I got. It's hard to get it even in Japan for some reason...

Last edited by leeboyNY; 01-17-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:49 PM
BamBam

Alright, well I will talk to Sharif about installation tomorrow. Are you stationed in Korea, or have you lived there a long time. Just curious, been interested in visiting for a while myself (based on a lot of my friends that served over there), just never managed to get away from the lure of Thailand/Philippine beaches
--B
Old 01-17-2007, 09:12 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Alright, well I will talk to Sharif about installation tomorrow. Are you stationed in Korea, or have you lived there a long time. Just curious, been interested in visiting for a while myself (based on a lot of my friends that served over there), just never managed to get away from the lure of Thailand/Philippine beaches
--B
Nah~ I'm Korean. Lived in the states for 15years. Moved back to Korea 2 years ago to take care of some stuff. I'll be back in the states just in time for the new GTR~ ahahah~~ I went on a vacation to Koh Samui, Thailand last June... This is near Koh Phanang where the famous full moon party is held! It's definitely a place to visit if you haven't already~

Last edited by leeboyNY; 01-17-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:33 AM
RareTrick

I still get these... the Group Buy we did only produced one order so I haven't been pushing these to hard.

Wiring issue is the US 350Z is a Dual staged Air bag and has 4 wires??, the JDM is single stage and only has 2 wires. You will never really know if you wired it right untill you need it most!!

Importing wasn't that bad... it does cost more than normal because you are bringing over an Explosive device. Customs does check this and its big poo poo if you lied on the documents.

Ok last of all.. my next shipment is being processed to Japan the end of the month (jan) so if you would like one... please order before then.

Thank you
Drew
Old 01-20-2007, 02:03 AM
ryanmac516
i like boobies

yea drew at raretrick can get damn near anything i saw the wheel he got in and it is a very nice wheel if you are really intersted in getting i would get it from him since he can defintly get where someother may say they can but then cant
Old 03-19-2011, 01:29 PM
JDM_Cain

This is a very old thread...so im bringing it back from the dead cause I want one of these steering wheels....RareTrick, can you still get these?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:38 PM
davidgmil

i dont think they exist anymore their link doesnt work
Old 03-20-2011, 09:37 PM
JDM_Cain

^sucks...thanks..ill keep looking for the steering wheel
Old 03-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the wheel is no longer made
Old 03-21-2011, 10:12 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

it looks like stock anyways

Quick Reply: Check out this MOMO steering wheel!