Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 07:52 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bubble, I am sorry man, I wish you could have too. But like I said, we went though the warehouse here and ALL of the pieces were the same. The mold they are using is horrible.

I know my shop guy had a special epoxy like material that works with CF. not sure exactly what it is though. I can ask if you like.

The pod looks awesome, but I think in order for that to work you are going to have to custom fabricate some stuff.

Yea, that definitely looks like a scrap mark.... that is not good. impossible to repair too I think.

You might want to talk to Toby, I know he was so frustrated he is having some custom made for him.

Again, I am sorry man. These doors panels are just not made to the quality I think they should be nor what we Z owners would tolerate on our cars.
--B
Old 01-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we should have a compaige to stop them selling these panels (both Fiberglass and CF) since they are not fit good. Urghhh...
Old 01-29-2006, 08:02 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by Bubble
we should have a compaige to stop them selling these panels (both Fiberglass and CF) since they are not fit good. Urghhh...
I agree there. My shop wants to kill them. They spent a lot of time and money on getting this "replacement door panel" installed (of which I am NOT paying for). It is just poor quality workmanship, no doubt about it. There is NO excuse for such bad fitment from such a good company.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Brent,

can you take a close up pix at this area when you're not open them up vertical.

When i put mine in, it seem like missing something there and the door feel nake.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:15 PM
S12 driver

Wow, the lambo doors and the CF interior looks great. But not feeling the horses graphic. It might fit better on a Mustang.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Jergens

To get the horse knocking taken care of maybe take a picture with the doors closed as I am pretty sure I have seen that mural before and it has some crazy warrior dude that might up people's opinion

I normally am not a fan of CF pimping stuff just because I see it as the Louis Vuitton of import cars. But I am not going to lie. I love your center dash, espcially the cutout for your... profec?
Old 01-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BamBam
The door panels you can buy with the GT Factory kit..... ADVICE: unless you really like to d!ck around with this stuff or do not mind a really bad fit, avoid them. Find someone who can custom make you a set. They cost $800 for the pair, and in my opinion are crap. It has taken 5+ days to install them. That is 40+ stinking hours to install a pair of panels that should have just fit. It took a lot of time to fabricate pieces, parts and even some cutting to get the panels on to where they look almost stock. If you do not do this, the seams will be out of whack and you will have big gaps between the door panel and the actual door. We even went so far as to go to the dealer and try to find a better fitting set of panels. ALL of the pieces were the same crap.

But that is just my opinion. I have a very low tolerance for shoddy work and expect the panels to look like they came with the car.. Not have 1/4 - 1/2 inch gaps by the window, next to the mirror and along the bottom by the speaker. Nor would I allow my door handle to stick out 1/2 inch from the panel. This should all be flush in my opinion anyway.

MJBsZ: The dash, door trim, gauge panel and A-pillars are from SuitEGraphx. They did one HELL of a job and got my stuff sorted in record time. Central dash is actually a CF print they do, whereas the A-pillars and door trims are real CF. It looks GREAT and I do not think you could really tell. I did speak to them about doing the dash in real CF, but the turnaround time is LONG and the cost is like $5-7,000 for the whole interior... WAY to much for my blood.
If you like, I will take more pics when it is clean and done and you can judge for yourself if it looks real enough for you.

Jmcmorante: In order to provide clearance for the doors to go up, the vents got to go. Yes that is a hard fact… And let me tell you, I am having to put 2 coats of ClearBra on the outside of the A-pillar because it opens with just enough space to fit a credit card between the door and the pillar. It has already scratched the paint and we need to address that first before putting the ClearBra on…

I will take more pics when it is all done to show how tight the tolerances are for this kit if you want to go 90… and even then the best I could do was about 85 degrees…. There is just not enough room in the fender.

--Brent
Hey man your car is looking absolutely SICK!! can you please let me know the website or contact info for SuitEGraphx? I can't seem to find it in google for some reason. I want the CF center dash too... Thanks man!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Dubai

I love the GT doors. looks great
Old 01-30-2006, 12:41 AM
evobunny

man sorry to hear how bad those panel fit. you guys really need to do something. contact GT factory and go off on them. get them to make a new mold. I know alot of people are **** just like yall. and people are still buying this ****. I myself want to get the door kit done to my Z. But I dont want to go threw this stuff. So do everyone a favor and do something about it.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:14 AM
BamBam

Bubble: I believe that space was pretty empty, but hard to say. I am going to be out of town for the next 2 weeks so can’t take any pics now. Sorry man. I can take a look when I get back around the 10th.

The graphics, well hey guys, it is my car and as I said before it means something to me, if you want to see the whole graphic and not just the horses check out the link and yes it has a Chinese Warrior on it…

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/150929-vizage-front-and-rear-w-greddy-sideskirt.html

Jergens: That is my HKS EVC boost controler mounted between the shifter and the temp control *****.

Nitrouz: The company is actually called Elegant Wood Design. The SuiteEGrafX is a division they have specializing in this type of work. The website is here

http://www.elegantwooddesign.com/index2.html

--Brent
Old 01-30-2006, 04:41 AM
PumpedVA

I have to agree there is nothing like SuiteEGrafX 's work. Everything else is a knock off if you ask me. I am in the middle of doing all my interior in blue CF though them and there work is super fast.

Brent your going to have to leave one door closed at shows now bro.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:53 AM
hurahn

BamBam, who did your doors? Versus? Or is it Vertex?
Old 01-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BamBam
Bubble: I believe that space was pretty empty, but hard to say. I am going to be out of town for the next 2 weeks so can’t take any pics now. Sorry man. I can take a look when I get back around the 10th.

The graphics, well hey guys, it is my car and as I said before it means something to me, if you want to see the whole graphic and not just the horses check out the link and yes it has a Chinese Warrior on it…

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150929

Jergens: That is my HKS EVC boost controler mounted between the shifter and the temp control *****.

Nitrouz: The company is actually called Elegant Wood Design. The SuiteEGrafX is a division they have specializing in this type of work. The website is here

http://www.elegantwooddesign.com/index2.html

--Brent
thanx bro. awesome car once again!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:01 AM
BamBam

Doors were done up in MD by a company called 410 Motors. They were recommended by Chaser Aero. I will not get into the details but I am not a happy camper regarding these door panels. 410 has done some outstanding work with what they had to work with… Still it takes a LONG stinking time to do this.

If anyone is considering this mod, PM me, we should talk.

Toby, yea the CF is hot, and I am looking for some more in the near future, but that will take time. As for the doors, yea we talked about this at that show. With graphics, you got to do one down and the other up. Now it would be cool if Pag could design something that would have 2 different images one that you would see when it is down and another when you put the door up 90… NOW THAT WOULD BE TRICK….
Old 01-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

i talked to Mike today and there is nothing he can do about it. Just dissappoint that they didn't disclosure the burn mark, the problem with the speaker hole and the gap at the end. I wouldn't buy it if i know this before hand. I follow your thread about the problem with it and ask Brent so many times about the condition of it and was reassure many times that it is already modified to have perfect fit since it come off a show car (Mike"s car).

Sorry to hijack your thread but i'm pissed off now. Just need to rant it out.

Last edited by Bubble; 01-30-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:21 AM
BamBam

Bubble, Dude,

I am really sorry you have to go through this and it was not what you expected. I really do hope you can work something out. The panels do look awesome on the car, but it definitely takes some time and effort to get them there.

I knew sort of what I was in for (I had seen PumpedVa’s and spoke a number of times to the guys that did his install), but had the same thing happen to me. The shop that was doing my interior assured me they had done this before and it was not a problem, 4 days for the entire door kit… It has taken 1 week to install the hinges PLUS 1 week for the door panels…. And in the end they did a good job fitting the panels as best they could, but the fact of the matter is the panels are not up to our levels of quality.

I know a few people say they have ‘show cars’ but we all have to understand every person has different levels of tolerance on looks and different reasons for doing things. I have seen more then a few cars at shows that were heavily modded but were not clean or desperately needed a paint job/wash/wax. I have seen other cars that are fairly stock but are so meticulously maintained it looks like it just rolled out of the manufactures assembly line.

Personally I would love to be the latter, but I just do not have time, so I do the best I can to make sure the work is top-notch, the parts the highest quality I can afford and I do the best I can to maintain it as a ’clean daily driver.

Good luck Bubble and if you can wait a couple of weeks, I will be able to get some detailed pics of how everything was modded to fit as well as possible.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 AM
MJBsZ

MJBsZ: The dash, door trim, gauge panel and A-pillars are from SuitEGraphx. They did one HELL of a job and got my stuff sorted in record time. Central dash is actually a CF print they do, whereas the A-pillars and door trims are real CF. It looks GREAT and I do not think you could really tell. I did speak to them about doing the dash in real CF, but the turnaround time is LONG and the cost is like $5-7,000 for the whole interior... WAY to much for my blood.
If you like, I will take more pics when it is clean and done and you can judge for yourself if it looks real enough for you.
Please take lots more pics of that dash, I really want to see closeups and some wide views to see how it flows. Thanks
Old 02-01-2006, 10:12 AM
BamBam

Originally Posted by MJBsZ
Please take lots more pics of that dash, I really want to see closeups and some wide views to see how it flows. Thanks
Will do man. I am expecting the car to have the interior finished tomorrow and then it goes back to AAM to have the exhaust and tune done.

I will get some detailed pictures the weekend of the 10th when I get back home.
--B
Old 02-08-2006, 03:37 PM
BamBam

Here are some Photo's of the car. I still have not seen it in person, but the shop took these for me.

OH, and before I get flamed..... The blue one is PumpedVA's

--B
Attached Thumbnails GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-bt-001.jpg   GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-bt-007.jpg   GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-bt-009.jpg   GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-bt-037.jpg   GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-dsc00096.jpg  

Old 02-08-2006, 03:41 PM
BamBam

Oh, and here are a few pics of the Real CF Pillar and CF print interior by Elegant Wood Design.

GREAT work from what I have seen and heard by people checking my car out in the shop.

--B
Attached Thumbnails GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-bt-018.jpg   GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-bt-020.jpg   GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-bt-027.jpg   GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-bt-030.jpg   GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-bt-021.jpg  

Quick Reply: GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install