Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:56 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install

Well, for anyone interested, here are some pics of the semi finished GT doors and CF interior. I will put better pics out here when this is all complete, new seats /stereo installed and I can take it outside.
--B
Attached Thumbnails GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-shop_doors-up.jpg   GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-shop_cf_dash.jpg   GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install-shop_door_up.jpg  
Old 01-29-2006, 01:26 PM
drivenCSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what in gods name is on the exterior, horses? the CF doors look amazing
Old 01-29-2006, 01:31 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
what in gods name is on the exterior, horses? the CF doors look amazing
Yes, along with Kaun (a Chinese warrior God), a saying from the 'Art of War' in Chinese and a few other pieces to tie it all together. it is a composite of a number of Chinese paintings I have. I lived there for a number of years so it reflects my interests.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:11 PM
G352NV

Loooks sweet! The decals dont really do it for me but hey its your car. CF just looks sick!
Old 01-29-2006, 02:30 PM
zzaa604

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
what in gods name is on the exterior, horses?
!
Old 01-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Z350Lover

Love those CF parts.... please keep us posted!

cheers,

richie
Old 01-29-2006, 03:08 PM
PumpedVA

coming along nice brent.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:18 PM
SixRB6

Originally Posted by BamBam
Well, for anyone interested, here are some pics of the semi finished GT doors and CF interior. I will put better pics out here when this is all complete, new seats /stereo installed and I can take it outside.
--B
HOLY SH*T...

Where did you get the carbon fiber door skins!!!!

Me Likey!!! How much if you don't mind me askin!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 03:29 PM
jmcmorante

Yeah if you dont mind me askign how much for the CF panels? Also can you still use the door AC vents? When i called GT long ago they said I would loose this is it true? I LOVE YOUR DOORS!
Old 01-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, that z gets a lot of lovin
Old 01-29-2006, 03:40 PM
MJBsZ

where did you get the CF center console? It looks awesome
Old 01-29-2006, 06:57 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well ****, now I stand no chance of placing in a show this year. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:09 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by kcobean
well ****, now I stand no chance of placing in a show this year. Thanks.
Hey man, that is the same with Toby. I think we should do some shows together and a few apart... This way we all get some type of chance… I think your car is a lot cleaner and follows JDM more then ours, and of course Toby's when done will be just freaking SICK, so ...... we shall just see man.

Oh, and thanks Toby... The door panels still need some work, but the custom work he did is really damn good. There are a few screws in the panel but he is going to tap and paint them, along with the bonding work and rubber sealant, I think it will be pretty damn clean when done.

Last edited by BamBam; 01-29-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

congrat. I just test fit mine yesterday and man, i was crying.

quick question:

how do you guy fix this gap?

and the warp from the speaker hole?

I really want to have this on my car but don't want to spend tons of money to fix it.

Last edited by Bubble; 01-29-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:29 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by SixRB6
HOLY SH*T...

Where did you get the carbon fiber door skins!!!!

Me Likey!!! How much if you don't mind me askin!!!!
The door panels you can buy with the GT Factory kit..... ADVICE: unless you really like to d!ck around with this stuff or do not mind a really bad fit, avoid them. Find someone who can custom make you a set. They cost $800 for the pair, and in my opinion are crap. It has taken 5+ days to install them. That is 40+ stinking hours to install a pair of panels that should have just fit. It took a lot of time to fabricate pieces, parts and even some cutting to get the panels on to where they look almost stock. If you do not do this, the seams will be out of whack and you will have big gaps between the door panel and the actual door. We even went so far as to go to the dealer and try to find a better fitting set of panels. ALL of the pieces were the same crap.

But that is just my opinion. I have a very low tolerance for shoddy work and expect the panels to look like they came with the car.. Not have 1/4 - 1/2 inch gaps by the window, next to the mirror and along the bottom by the speaker. Nor would I allow my door handle to stick out 1/2 inch from the panel. This should all be flush in my opinion anyway.

MJBsZ: The dash, door trim, gauge panel and A-pillars are from SuitEGraphx. They did one HELL of a job and got my stuff sorted in record time. Central dash is actually a CF print they do, whereas the A-pillars and door trims are real CF. It looks GREAT and I do not think you could really tell. I did speak to them about doing the dash in real CF, but the turnaround time is LONG and the cost is like $5-7,000 for the whole interior... WAY to much for my blood.
If you like, I will take more pics when it is clean and done and you can judge for yourself if it looks real enough for you.

Jmcmorante: In order to provide clearance for the doors to go up, the vents got to go. Yes that is a hard fact… And let me tell you, I am having to put 2 coats of ClearBra on the outside of the A-pillar because it opens with just enough space to fit a credit card between the door and the pillar. It has already scratched the paint and we need to address that first before putting the ClearBra on…

I will take more pics when it is all done to show how tight the tolerances are for this kit if you want to go 90… and even then the best I could do was about 85 degrees…. There is just not enough room in the fender.

--Brent
Old 01-29-2006, 07:30 PM
03znj
Know it all

Any more pics of the decals?
Old 01-29-2006, 07:39 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by Bubble
congrat. I just test fit mine yesterday and man, i was crying.

quick question:

how do you guy fix this gap?

and the warp from the speaker hole?

I really want to have this on my car but don't want to spend tons of money to fix it.
Bubble, Dude, I am sooooo sorry.... Looks like you have some of the exact same problems I have. I have NO STINKING idea why they faded the back of the panel like that instead of cutting it like the stock door panel.

Well, we could see straight down to the metal there, so my guy bonded some black rubber stripping to the corner there to act like a sealant. It looks a little bit like you are trying to fill a gap, but if done right it is no where near as bad as having the damn gap. I would take some pics for you but I am leaving for work in FL tomorrow. When do you plan on putting these on? I will be back in 2 weeks and will be able to get detailed pics for you then.

As for the speaker, we got one to fit... after using a bondo/epoxy on the back of the CF panel, securing pieces of wood to the back around the speaker grill. This allowed us to break the tabs and fashion a set of brackets to the grill from the backside. We then used screws from the back to secure the grill to the wood blocks on the back of the CF panel. So essentially we screwed them in and forced them to match the shape of the CF panel. BUT one just does not want to fit completely, so I have about a 1/8 gap along my drivers side door that I am not happy with but we are afraid if we try to tighten it down any more it will crack the grill or the CF..

I am sorry about this man. Make sure you hit Mike up for any suggestions as to how he got it to work for him man.... Good luck and ping me if you have any more questions.
--Brent
Old 01-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

so you can bondo CF material? i just don't understand why they don't use the stock door as the guide line and make it out. I though i can add the speaker pod

but guess what? they are not even fit because curve is totally off. I'm in the process of asking Mike on how it fit on his car before send to me. Just so sad that i thought i can escape the whole situation you went through...hehehe

Burn/scrap mark.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:46 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by 03znj
Any more pics of the decals?
Here is the thread of the Body kit and the Graphics.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/150929-vizage-front-and-rear-w-greddy-sideskirt.html

The plain body kit is the first post and about the 9th post is when I had the graphics put on.

Not to everybody’s taste, but I like it and it gets people's attention one way or another..
Old 01-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

but i have to admit, the CF panel looks DAMMMMMNN good if they can fit correctly.

Quick Reply: GT Factory Doors & CF Interior Install