Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need a functional spoiler. i love the oem one but want a bit more down force

Old 03-10-2006, 08:08 PM
zmespeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need a functional spoiler. i love the oem one but want a bit more down force

what would you guys recomend i think the nismo version1 is to big. but i would love to have the aerrowdynamic qualities of it. maybe someting like how porsche would do it or somthing. im all over the place give me some ideas to chew on... thanks
Old 03-10-2006, 08:24 PM
nareg

check out the APR wing.... i know some people might say it looks quite a bit rice, but if u want high speeds with down force, they got the rear wing, and the front wind splitter that will keep ur *** on the ground. you would also need tires that could handle high speeds. anyways check out APR theyll be useful for u
Old 03-10-2006, 08:35 PM
nareg

check out the APR wing.... i know some people might say it looks quite a bit rice, but if u want high speeds with down force, they got the rear wing, and the front wind splitter that will keep ur *** on the ground. you would also need tires that could handle high speeds. anyways check out APR theyll be useful for u
Old 03-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Zilvia

or check out the Top Secret....pm Chebosto about it
Old 03-10-2006, 08:48 PM
nareg

whoops i kinda gotta slow *** computer...
Old 03-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Evo-R's Nismo Type E Replica.. it's adjustable three ways, and has a low profile..

PM Zillinois, he installed a porsche GT3-style wing, and got some good downforce while he was tracking...

as for crazy amounts of downforce, your wing needs to be up into the airstream, i.e. near the same height as the roof. APR, Ings+1, Top Secret, basically any GT wing... with adjustable pedistals will give you varying amounts of rear grip. just be fore-warned, your terminal velocity will suffer due to the increased drag amount.. but damn. feels good.

oh yea. be prepared to get flamed hardcore for running a GT wing, but hey. if you think u need more downforce, more power to you.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:49 PM
zmespeed

dam so i realy need a ....wing, well i guess i might just have to take it with some soysauce.

i like the evo r replica wing. at what speed would i notice a difference at?

what about Rear Under Diffuser's any good ones out there. the top secrets one is a bit pricey at $1200.

btw i have the aero style v1 nismo replica front end.

Last edited by zmespeed; 03-11-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:05 PM
jckolnturn

I wonder what you would be doing in your car that you would make you believe you needed more downforce?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:43 PM
KwanZito

i like the evo r replica wing. at what speed would i notice a difference at?
Generally, aerodynamics arent worth much below 70mph or so, but above that I would say anything in your airstreem should start to take its effect.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jckolnturn
I wonder what you would be doing in your car that you would make you believe you needed more downforce?
Agreed. Unless you track your car or even drift, its a waste. It'll only slow you down in a straight line race.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:56 PM
zmespeed

i drive on country roads about 98% of the time. there are many roads with bends that i like to take at about ~100mph. some times they will have some slant away from the inside of the curve just the slightest bit, or some other eregularity. but you realy notice the slightest thing the faster you go. so i was thinking some down force might help me stick down on the grownd.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

100mph+ on public roads. Nice.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:10 AM
dmoffitt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i kinda figured a post about "wanting more downforce" meant "I watch F1 or maybe NASCAR and heard the word downforce, and figured I should 'get me some' for the Z" - and that pretty much confirms it.

Admonitions about driving that fast on back roads aside, that EVO-R replica looks decent, for purely aesthetic reasons I had wanted one (and planned to leave the wing section itself in CF to match the vents on my hood that I left clear-coated) but honestly, you're just adding weight+drag, so why bother. If you do ANYTHING back there, how about a Seibon cf hatch
Old 03-13-2006, 07:08 AM
Roggan

You will notice the downforce even when driving on the highway. With the double alu wing i had on my M3 i noticed a clear difference in how the tail felt at speeds over 60-70mph, it just feels a lot more "planted" and gives you more confidence to turn harder at high speeds with less suspension travel and hence weight shifting.

During high speed country road or track driving you will clearly notice the effects of a functional rear wing.

I have choosen to go with the JDM Nismo Version 2 carbon fibre rear wing (same/similar to the Type-E and hence the copy of that). No idea of how much downforce it gives but Nissan/Nismo uses that wing on their cars for track use so i expect it to be functional

/Roger
Old 03-13-2006, 08:16 AM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by dmoffitt
i kinda figured a post about "wanting more downforce" meant "I watch F1 or maybe NASCAR and heard the word downforce, and figured I should 'get me some' for the Z" - and that pretty much confirms it.

Admonitions about driving that fast on back roads aside, that EVO-R replica looks decent, for purely aesthetic reasons I had wanted one (and planned to leave the wing section itself in CF to match the vents on my hood that I left clear-coated) but honestly, you're just adding weight+drag, so why bother. If you do ANYTHING back there, how about a Seibon cf hatch

ummm ok. i want more drag down there because that is what down force is. the redirection of forward force, used to push the car down. so oviously you will lose forward force if you chang it to down force.
i act like i dont know anything about it so people will give any idea they think of. then i filter it out. and once in a while i find out somthing i did not aready know. i know i dont know every thing but if i act like i do i wont learn anything.

i knew i needed down force on the rear because the rear was definatly twitchy like a feather at speed in corners. i just wanted to find out wich spoiler gave the most down force with out looking like a airplane. i was aready aware of all the wings mentioned. and already was very set on the nismo v2. and was thinking about the rest of the v1 kit.

this thread was just to check if there was some new product i was not aware of.

btw i hate nascar, and every other race that only turns left. but f1's alright. ill watchm it ever so often. but my favorite to watch is rallye and enduro races.... i dont know but im guessing i do know more about aerrow dynamics than you, and am not some kid that heard the word and was like....cool what is it i want it.... feel free to inform us on the differance bettwen super sonic and subsonic aerrow dynamics after you google it. or maybe you can tell us how a round rod spinging can eather creat a force of lift or down force, when put in to an air streem. or at what speed air surface friction comes in to play.....i forgot the excact number but google it for me and tell me how high it is...and dont forget to tell use how the disgner of the sr-71 used the pressure of the shock wave to force more air threw its engines. and while they had to put those cones in there. theres a good topic for velocity and mass flow. not meaning to disrespct but were all part of "Z" family, feel free to google and tell me more i know i know very little compaired to the information out there, love to learn somthing knew.

Last edited by zmespeed; 03-13-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:28 AM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by Armitage
Agreed. Unless you track your car or even drift, its a waste. It'll only slow you down in a straight line race.
ya i know but i care more about the corners than i do the strait line.

and ya some times i go like eleventyhundred miles an hour
Old 03-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zmespeed
i dont know but im guessing i do know more about aerrow dynamics than you, and am not some kid that heard the word and was like....cool what is it i want it....
hey kid-

it's spelled "Aerodynamics"...
Old 03-13-2006, 09:04 AM
dmoffitt

im guessing i do know more about aerrow dynamics than you
sure, ok. considering you can't come ****ing CLOSE to spelling it, i'm sure you have a GREAT grasp of it.

and i'd like to meet this designer who threw an sr-71 engine, he's gotta be pretty strong

maybe you should check your suspension settings first, could be rear toe, not a need for downforce.

...love to learn somthing knew.
like spelling / english?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:12 AM
hurahn

sure, ok. considering you can't come ****ing CLOSE to spelling it, i'm sure you have a GREAT grasp of it.

and i'd like to meet this designer who threw an sr-71 engine, he's gotta be pretty strong

maybe you should check your suspension settings first, could be rear toe, not a need for downforce.

like spelling / english?
You guys turn every boring day at work into a side splitter!!!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:45 PM
zmespeed

like spelling / english?
i know my spelling is a bit beyond crappy but half the time i just dont correct the error. hehe

and i know its not my suspention(fell free to correct..im not hitting the delete button) its never changed after an alinement, and low speed's would be effected in the sharp turns too, with the back end stepping out..

and im not sure what your talking about with the sr71 black bird? no budy threw it's engine, its a ...spy plane.

glad to entertain anyone....this thread makes me laugh too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i need a functional spoiler. i love the oem one but want a bit more down force