Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Universal gear shift knobs SUCK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Universal gear shift ***** SUCK!!!

I have a polished pistol grip style B&M shifter on the Z for now and it came with a really cool set of different sized plastic inserts and it will never come loose, ever!! Awesome for a universal design. Simply pick the one that's the closest and screw away. I love the way that this B&M mounts. However it's a little small and I want a 2" round **** instead. Plus I have to use that freakin' toilet part as a finisher and it's buggin the hell out of me. The diff between the B&M and others is that the B&M's inserts thread onto the inside of the **** as well as the shift rod, instead of using those lame a$$ 3 allen screw BS. Plus the inserts are a good 1" long.

Why do all the other **** manufacturers who sell universal *****, all use that $hitty 3 allan screw BS to secure their **** inserts? I have used a lot of different universal ***** over the years and in every single case excpet for this B&M I have, I had to resort to using epoxy resin to hold them in place and removng them is a fuggin pain if you ever wanted to.

I bought this all metal 2" round **** at Pep Boys the other day, just to see how I would like a 2" round ****.

The size felt great and I loved how it felt shifting but as you can guess, after the first aggressive shift, rattle, rattle, crap started coming loose. It had no less than 4 different sections that thread to each other. Wayyy too many individual parts for a freakin' ****.

It's too bad because I even liked the looks too and the base of the **** fit over the flat top of the stock boot perfectly. The damn inserts which of course are held in place with the infamous 3 allen screws, only gives you 1/2" of bite.

Give me a freakin' break man. 1/2" is barely enough bite, if they were metal to metal matching threads but plastic to metal pulllleaaasee. Epoxy resin wouldn't even be enough with only 1/2" of contact surface.

Was going to go with a Momo but seems they all use the same BS 3 allen screw garbage, so they are out.

$80+ for a Momo ****, you would think they could do better than a $25 Pep Boys **** mounting system?

Since I want a 2" round **** that WON'T come loose every 3 seconds and something I don't need to epoxy resin on, looks like my only choice is a Voodoo ****???

Fine.

Now can somebody give me a link to a site that sells a boot that has a tiny hole at the top, so that the boot/shift **** area won't look like crap?

I know I sound like I'm really ticked or PMS'd out but I'm just tired that nobody makes descent stuff. I mean B&M can do it, why not the others?

Thanks, I'm done

Last edited by Chad68; 03-18-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:51 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, yah think...
Old 03-19-2006, 02:44 AM
iyah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought these crappy ones threw ebay to, they suck but they look good on my integra, I never even considered it on my Z. On my Z i payed full price for a Nismo Carbon Fiber Shift ****, and I love it.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:07 PM
davidf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iyah
i bought these crappy ones threw ebay to, they suck but they look good on my integra, I never even considered it on my Z. On my Z i payed full price for a Nismo Carbon Fiber Shift ****, and I love it.
I'm fixin to purchase a nismo ****, does it fit as good as the factory? Thanks.