MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Good bye grey interior! strip out in progress (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/180170-good-bye-grey-interior-strip-out-in-progress.html)

** 03-24-2006 08:57 PM

thats a hell of a project you got going on there.

i have frost interior too. while i like it i ordered it back in 2002 because i thought it was gonna have grey seats and black interior like the burnt orange seats.

i got used to it but i would love to have a black dash and door panels with the grey seat contrast.

undercat 03-24-2006 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
^how the heck did you know it was a SAHS tassle?

B/c i went there too. :icon44: This is Paul from CSCC. And I'll be at the next auto-x on April 1st. Hope to see your car there with the new look.

o, and acree's interior is BLACK! hot.

Btw, is black the same or different than the interiors that come in non-touring models? I think that mine (enthusiast) was called charcoal but that may have been the seat color and not refering to the interior.

-Paul

Tzuten 03-24-2006 11:55 PM

I ripped out my interior to install my stereo, wasn't that hard to remove or put back together..

BlackSpec02 03-25-2006 02:54 AM

Ive got frost and always wished I had gotten black too.... rock on for switching it out!!!

Cux350z 03-25-2006 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by undercat
B/c i went there too. :icon44: This is Paul from CSCC. And I'll be at the next auto-x on April 1st. Hope to see your car there with the new look.

Btw, is black the same or different than the interiors that come in non-touring models? I think that mine (enthusiast) was called charcoal but that may have been the seat color and not refering to the interior.

-Paul

Hey! I should be able to show up, idk about racing. I doubt the interior will be switched by then. Ive got to finish getting it all out and ship it to the other guy and hell ship his interior back. I think the charcoal color refers to the seats.

rolling 03-25-2006 09:34 AM

Well me and Acree are swapping interiors. I decided to work on it today.

Its not easy! I injured myself early on and it has slowed me down all day.
I cant seem to get the top part of the dash off, specially near the steering column. Any hints on how to get the center console out? how about the upper passenger side and the side vents and the intake vent in the very front.

Here are some pics:

well to ACTUALLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION... hehehh...

in the empty nav compartment in the 4th pic. take out the rubber liner piece and there should be screws on each side, remove those, and you should be able to VERY GENTLY pry off the sides/ middle section (i have done this myself)

or.... you could say it was broken into and stripped.. lol.. they wouldnt believe someone would do THAT to there own car...

good luck on the rattle problems tho..

Soccerprep205 03-25-2006 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by rolling
well to ACTUALLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION... hehehh...

in the empty nav compartment in the 4th pic. take out the rubber liner piece and there should be screws on each side, remove those, and you should be able to VERY GENTLY pry off the sides/ middle section (i have done this myself)

or.... you could say it was broken into and stripped.. lol.. they wouldnt believe someone would do THAT to there own car...

good luck on the rattle problems tho..

and then you pull up on the rear part of the shifting boot. it will unclip. then you can reach behind and disconnect the ribbon cables. and your good to go :).

Clapton9286 03-25-2006 11:19 AM

Subscribe out of sheer appreciation and respect for the balls going into this project..

max255 03-25-2006 11:22 AM

^ can you translate your sig.

Clapton9286 03-25-2006 11:28 AM

To race, to compete, I take this in the blood, and part of my life. - Ayrton Senna

It's more or less that; I'm not expert in porteguese, and im sure you can find a cleaned up version elsewhere. It's on a Senna memorial in Brazil..

imjdoggie 03-25-2006 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Wow you guys would be the first that I know of good luck. I recentely got my hands on the ZR ventilated leather on my coupe and so far I don't know if anyone else has done that.

could you post pics??

Acree 03-25-2006 11:44 AM

Sweet. Nice progress Chris!

Armitage 03-26-2006 06:14 AM

That looks messy! Good luck on the swap.

zzz350 03-26-2006 07:12 AM

It is apparent that IQ tests need to be administered to prospective Z owners.

zzz350 03-26-2006 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Clapton9286
To race, to compete, I take this in the blood, and part of my life. - Ayrton Senna

It's more or less that; I'm not expert in porteguese, and im sure you can find a cleaned up version elsewhere. It's on a Senna memorial in Brazil..

I think Arrogant Senna's quote should end with "all of my short life" instead of "part of my life".

taurran 03-26-2006 07:16 AM

Wow... good luck with your project.

I hope you don't have too many rattles after you complete it.

Acree 03-26-2006 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by zzz350
I think Arrogant Senna's quote should end with "all of my short life" instead of "part of my life".

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. :icon14:

Cux350z 03-26-2006 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
its all out! man was it a biotch!

Ill be back with some more pics shortly, i reinstalled a few parts of my dash, and did a few things.

Im thinking, while im at it to go ahead and remove my blose system and order a new one.

pics:

creationv2 03-26-2006 12:48 PM

its all out! man was it a biotch!

Ill be back with some more pics shortly, i reinstalled a few parts of my dash, and did a few things.

Im thinking, while im at it to go ahead and remove my blose system and order a new one.

pics:

:icon11: craaaaaaaaaaaazy........keep us posted though :icon39:

Bubble 03-26-2006 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
wowo...i'll follow your direction then. Take the whole part out and CF it.