Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you consider interior accent lighting ricey?
Yes, I feel it is Ricey (please post why you feel this way)
30.43%
No, it will look good, not ricey at all (again, please explain why)
69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

interior accent lighting? (poll)

Old 02-22-2003, 09:10 AM
Omega350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior accent lighting? (poll)

I am curious as to who would feel that this IS or IS NOT a ricey thing to do...

I have two 4 set packs of Varad hyperled's One pack is Orange, the other is Yellow. and I have a set of Streetglow 9" yellow neon rods.

I plan on using these in combination to do an interior lighting theme on my LeMans Sunset with Burnt Seinna. Mist likely the yellow neons under the dash to light the footwell and the LED will be used for hi-lites in the car. These are all going to be run off a switch so they can be turned on and off at will.

Please poll if you think it is Ricey or Not Ricey, and please take the time to post why you feel that it IS or IS NOT.

I had originally planed on doing the original accent and foot well kits but just for the price of the white footwell lights i got all these kits and still have money left over.

All feedback is appreciated.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:46 AM
RedComet

if it is done right it wont be rice.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:57 AM
NYCZ

personally..... subtle interior lighting can really enhance the look of a car. But i would defintely stay away from the street glow rod. Leds under the dash or along the runners could be sleek, while neon could be on the cheesy side
Old 02-23-2003, 08:06 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id say some underdash lights that come on when you open your door would be nice. Im also considering adding some more lights to the hatch area, that single trunk light doesnt do the trick. maybe mount it in the top of the hatch in a lens with a pack of LEDs.

these are more functional lighting ideas rather than accent lighting. I like a dark car tho, I keep my dash lights dim, helps you see at night, things glowing would distract me. the switch obviously helps that, but eventually Id just never turn it on, after the novelty wore off.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:27 PM
LeMansZCa

i agree subtle light would enhance the interior... i tried some black 9" rod under the dash... it lights up the "Z" on the floor mat... i catch myself staring at the glowing Z.... also help find that j if it ever fell on the floor i am still debating should i keep the track car look or add a more comfort in it.... the right balance seems difficult to do... a racing lexus interior?!?
Old 02-25-2003, 11:18 PM
z461

I am doing the same thing... Getting some LED's like the ones on the X5 and other BMW's and put them in the center area on the headliner where the sunglass holder is (I'm going to replace the sunglass holder). It looks very classy and subtle.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:35 PM
Ricky
Banned

Honestly, I don't think underbody light glows are ricey at all, UNLESS it's combined to a "ricey car", like a gay bodykit, LED Exaust, LED windsheild nozzel, ect ect. If the body looks good and not ricey, the underbody will not either in my opinion. I thought of getting them but I got flamed at saying it was ricey, but I don't think so, if you don't do other gay #*$! to your car. Plus, in Virginia, they are illegal unless parked, so make sure your state laws allow them, and under what conditions you can use them before you spend around 200 for it.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:03 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

since its revived by good ol ricky, check out the 745 if you havent, it has LEDs all over the car, you dont notice them, but look their there. they generally light the car, but you dont know where the lights coming from. very sleek.

there are no neon rods tho of course, its all very suddle, they also have them outside the car to light the area a little.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:03 AM
syf0n

So long as none of the lights are viewable, all will be good. under seats, dash, etc. Just glowing.

Nissan themselves offer a JDM accent lighting kit. It's on their site where they catalogue options for Japanese customers, like the MOMO steering wheel, etc.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:04 PM
garrettb

i got some blues installed in my underdash, reflects nicely off the diamond platefloor mats ill post some pics tom. night...i cant decide if it ricey or not, i think it looks cool tho
Old 08-04-2003, 09:16 AM
ricka

I don't think it will look ricey...as long as the car itself isn't ricey. I wouldn't mink doing that to my Z but like mentioned b-4 I think I may look @ them too much Keep it subtile so you don't look like Homer Simpson glowing in your car
Old 08-04-2003, 11:44 AM
mdacko

i have 6" orange Streetglow tubs installed in the footwells under the dash, the tubes are installed so you cant see them, but they make an awsome orange glow at night. Its not too bright, nothing that you would get pulled over for, just subtle and nice in the footwells. I dont think its ricey at all and I really like mine.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:13 AM
LeMansZCa

the blue light with diamond plate in a sunset is pretty awsome...