Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burnt Orange is in!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:26 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
I didn't want to start another thread, but I was wondering how you guys think my idea would look? I'm making a fiberglass sub box/amp rack that fits between the rear storage area and the strut bar. I'm thinking about covering it in burnt orange. Also being burnt orange would be a shift boot (w/arc ****) and brake boot. The part I'm wondering is I'm debating getting part of my base seats covered in burnt orange (everything that's solid black and not the orange/black fibercloth).
I thought of the same thing with the seats, I have an extra set of covers for it. Now back to Mike's thread.....
Old 09-18-2006, 08:46 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@350ZSource
We could do a yellow carbon shift boot and armrest, What did you have in mind?
I'm thinking of a leather shift boot and e-brake cover in Ultra Yellow. Is this possible??
Old 09-23-2006, 10:29 PM
03Zilverstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott
I thought of the same thing with the seats, I have an extra set of covers for it. Now back to Mike's thread.....

Let me know if you happen to try this out. I've decided to get it done sometime, since the sides of my cloth seats are worn. I think I saw in another thread that you do some stitch work, right? Would you be interested in maybe reuphostering those spots with the leather on my seats? Pm me if you want. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:54 AM
JasiJ

Originally Posted by z350boy
I'm thinking of a leather shift boot and e-brake cover in Ultra Yellow. Is this possible??
How are you planning on doing this? yourself or a shop? I am looking around for someone to do some UY interior pieces.
I am starting my reseach to do my interior and these guys with all the burnt orange pieces are making me jelous!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:53 PM
DIEZEL

mike on the door panels is it the arm rest and the piece above it against the inside door like the one pictured a few pages ago or just the acual arm rest. (I hope that makes sense)
Old 09-26-2006, 07:05 AM
o
Banned

Default Armrest

2003-2005 is just the armrest(not the piece above). 2006 door panels have a insert above the armrest. We do the armrest, the insert or both.
We just got the Burnt orange plug & chugs for the ashtray, really nice piece.
The same leather as all of our other burnt orange items plus a real nice chrome top to it. Will get pix in this thread soon.
Michael
www.350zsource.com
Old 09-26-2006, 12:18 PM
whitebwoy

The replacement leather seat covers are Nissan original? Or they are just similar material and stitching? I am asking because some of the pictures I see show the side airbag section in black, some orange, and some don't look like they fit right.

I have cloth seats, do I just buy these seat covers and have an upholsterer redo the seats, or it has to be leather seats originaly?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:50 AM
whitebwoy

Originally Posted by whitebwoy
The replacement leather seat covers are Nissan original? Or they are just similar material and stitching? I am asking because some of the pictures I see show the side airbag section in black, some orange, and some don't look like they fit right.

I have cloth seats, do I just buy these seat covers and have an upholsterer redo the seats, or it has to be leather seats originaly?
Anyone?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:24 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebwoy

Most leather seat covers replace the cloth seat covers. You can have a shop do it, or do it yourself. The back of the seat cover is zippered, and internally, it is held in place with metal "hog rings". I cut those, and used strong zip ties to replace them. Well over a year, and no problems. I never did it before, and it was easy. I think leatherseats.com has a "DIY" document, telling you how to do it on a Z. The stock leather seats do not have a leather back, they use black cloth. The covers I purchased have leather backs. What Mike is or will be selling I do not know. As for fit, a lot has to do with original cut, they will show some wrinkles at first, but tighten up as the sun heats the interior. At least that is what happened with mine. Remember, with aftermarket covers, you will see many different combinations. I have BO leather, with the center section perforated, others might have other combinations, such as black centers and orange outsides.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:58 AM
whitebwoy

SO basicaly. If you want the original NIssan BO seats, you need to buy the whole damn shabang from factory?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:04 PM
whitebwoy

the seat covers that leatherseats.com sell are the same thing, or are these suppoed to be better quality/factory quality. Like the perforated sections and all?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:36 PM
TiPIACE

Originally Posted by Mike@350ZSource
Works for 03-07 and yes you can used your radio controls.
guys i fit the 06 wheel on my 05 and the radio controls dont work

the cruise buttons work if you already have cruise on the steeringwheel, because the matching wires are in the steering hub loom, but there are no matching wires for the radio or even the illumination of the buttons

my audio guy says he can get the illumination to work, but impossible to work the radio buttons unless you fit something like the PacSwix
Old 10-02-2006, 07:26 AM
o
Banned

Originally Posted by TiPIACE
guys i fit the 06 wheel on my 05 and the radio controls dont work

the cruise buttons work if you already have cruise on the steeringwheel, because the matching wires are in the steering hub loom, but there are no matching wires for the radio or even the illumination of the buttons

my audio guy says he can get the illumination to work, but impossible to work the radio buttons unless you fit something like the PacSwix
When replacing steering wheels (Factory) keep your controls. they are interchangeable with the different (Factory 350Z) steering wheels.
Michael.
www.350zsource.com
Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 PM
ss350z07

Default burnt orange leather door armrest cover for 03-05

I finally installed my burnt orange door armrest covers for my car. It looks amazing!! Thanks mike!
Attached Thumbnails Burnt Orange is in!!!!!!-img_0166.jpg   Burnt Orange is in!!!!!!-img_0169.jpg   Burnt Orange is in!!!!!!-img_0165.jpg   Burnt Orange is in!!!!!!-img_0164.jpg   Burnt Orange is in!!!!!!-img_0168.jpg  

Old 10-02-2006, 02:27 PM
o
Banned

Default Bo

LOOKS VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael
www.350zsource.com
Old 10-27-2006, 08:51 AM
o
Banned

Default Bo

Bump
Old 05-11-2007, 06:41 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Huge bump for Mike......got the rest of my BO stuff in.

Great vendor, thanks for everything.

www.350zsource.com

I should have installed pics by this weekend.

I think I'm done, LOL:

First up is the Nissan OEM Burnt Orange European brake assembly.....this is an option for the European market only:

And next, what I'm most excited about is my new BO steering wheel. This is from a Japanese Aftermarket manufacturer who uses the exact same material as Nissan. The craftmanship is out of this world. Been wanting this jewel forever:

Old 05-11-2007, 11:15 AM
HitLines

Mike, I just got back my console lid from you and it looks great. My question is how to get the thing installed again. It's a much tighter fit than the arm rests (will have pics up soon). I don't want to scratch the orange while trying to reinstall.

Members, any suggestions? I wish it swiveled on a hinge instead of the ball and socket approach.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:00 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Mike....

Old 05-15-2007, 08:41 AM
noodleman

looking good! though i think i would've preferred the top/bottom part being BO instead. Still looks hot though.

Quick Reply: Burnt Orange is in!!!!!!