Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seibon hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 05:02 AM
SweetDreamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone painted their TS hood to match the body color? I want the one w/ the vents only...no scoops....but i don't want the CF look w/ my blue Z. I am already getting the nismo v2 from Tommy(punksterz) and figured i may as well do the hood while i'm at it. Anyways...anyone w/ pics of this hood painted...please post!! thanks!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:46 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

We received one VT hood from Seibon and it fit horribly. Ordered a OEM CF hood from them and it fit great. The VT hood was warped and they said there was no possible way it was. They don't have customer service at all. Said it was our fault that we pulled it out of the box, tried to install it, and it was warped.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:03 AM
punish_her

If you have any electronics under the hood (ie boost solonoid, pressure sensor,etc) I would not recomend a vented hood. The direct water will cause a greater likely hood of issues with the electronics.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:10 AM
davidf

For some reason my TS hood came with water guards that unscrew.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by punish_her
If you have any electronics under the hood (ie boost solonoid, pressure sensor,etc) I would not recomend a vented hood. The direct water will cause a greater likely hood of issues with the electronics.
The TS comes with rain guards
Old 08-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
We received one VT hood from Seibon and it fit horribly. Ordered a OEM CF hood from them and it fit great. The VT hood was warped and they said there was no possible way it was. They don't have customer service at all. Said it was our fault that we pulled it out of the box, tried to install it, and it was warped.
Could have been a bad mold or resin.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 01-29-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:19 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
Could have been a bad mold or resin. No comment on their customer service ;-)

What about your customer service? If we buy one from you and it comes defective...do you provide a replacement?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
What about your customer service? If we buy one from you and it comes defective...do you provide a replacement?
Of course, any part found to be defective I will replace.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:44 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
The TS comes with rain guards
Thats all well and good if your parked and have them in but what about rain when your driving arround town or when it starts and your parked outside and dont have them in. Like in FL or HI where it rains in the blink of an eye and is most times unpredictable. You juts know some time today it will rain but you just dont know when.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:46 PM
B-Unit

some pics of a ts i took

Old 08-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Thats all well and good if your parked and have them in but what about rain when your driving arround town or when it starts and your parked outside and dont have them in. Like in FL or HI where it rains in the blink of an eye and is most times unpredictable. You juts know some time today it will rain but you just dont know when.
what can possibly happen if water gets in your engine bay? All your electrical is hidden from the elements. The only thing to worry about would be hydrolocking. The only way that could happen is if water entered the spark plugs or through the intake. In order for the water to enter the intake and hydrolock you would need to fully subermerge you airbox.

The only downside to a vented hood is a dirtier engine bay.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Vicynax

Millions of RX-7s drive with that ugly *** ViS fuzion style hood with like 50 holes in it and never had problems. Another case, MR-2s... You can wash your engine bay with spray and it'll still be ok. Just don't come walking out of the car while it's pouring, open the hood, and let rain hit your filter for 30mins
Old 08-23-2006, 05:43 PM
TayTaythatsme04

^^^thats my hood, nice pics B, my fitment wasnt to great for some reason, bu the look is awesome but love the vents

T
Old 08-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Jorge305sr

i got a AEM cold air intake and i dont have probs with the rain..and i live in miami its always raining here...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:40 PM
gargoyleZ

Although, I just got the vented VSII hood. I do not anticipate getting much water in the engine bay. The theory behind the vented hood is to help cool the engine bay down, lowering the UH temps...if you have any doubt, then don't do it. I love the vented hood...the look and "theory" ...as usual i don't drive much in the rain anyway.
Fitment wise...it was good, not great...but looks great! It does rub a little with the 5/16" ME spacer, and mind u I did say rub...nothing to worry about. Also, the HKS SC bracket was too close...all easy fixes, as with any other body mod (skirts, bumpers, etc..) some things had to be mod'd. If you want exact fits, with my most humble $.02 buy OEM.
...Jim...handle it! lol
Old 08-23-2006, 08:53 PM
gargoyleZ

sorry here area few pix...

Last edited by gargoyleZ; 02-15-2007 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:40 PM
ZlleH

What is that think suction-cupped to your windshield?

And will you put on hood pins? Or do the hoods come with reinforced materails underneath the CF to keep the hatch locked to the stock hook?

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
^^^thats my hood, nice pics B, my fitment wasnt to great for some reason, bu the look is awesome but love the vents

T
Old 08-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by ZlleH
What is that think suction-cupped to your windshield?

And will you put on hood pins? Or do the hoods come with reinforced materails underneath the CF to keep the hatch locked to the stock hook?
you use your stock latch.

T - fitment looks good to me, but the pictures can be deceving. You can take a small dremel and dremel the holes on your stock hood hinges so you can slide the hood further in any direction.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:12 AM
punish_her

Originally Posted by B-Unit
some pics of a ts i took

Hate to tell yaah (if you havnt noticed), your alignment is WAY off man.

Check out the spacing along the left edge of the hood by the headlight and compare it to the other side. you got like a 3/8's gap on the left and 1/8 on the right. In the second pic of yours the hood looks like it raises up in the midddl and the gap is WAY off compared to the second photo on the left side.

From the look of it your hood is warped. Sorry if I burst your bubble or notified you of a tragic event

Last edited by punish_her; 08-24-2006 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:28 AM
TayTaythatsme04

Hate to tell yaah (if you havnt noticed), your alignment is WAY off man.

Check out the spacing along the left edge of the hood by the headlight and compare it to the other side. you got like a 3/8's gap on the left and 1/8 on the right. In the second pic of yours the hood looks like it raises up in the midddl and the gap is WAY off compared to the second photo on the left side.

From the look of it your hood is warped. Sorry if I burst your bubble or notified you of a tragic event

I had the same problem with the OEM hood I had so I dont know if its wraped, or if has to do with the hinges for the hood, cause I have moved the latch everyway I can think of . . .

T

Quick Reply: seibon hood