Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350z c-west kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Mr Fairlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well,.I hear ya!! But look @ this and tell me you don't like how this looks--its the RED 350Z w/ the C-WEST kit fromt lip still CF but the rest is painted!! I was gonna do that but kit is a little too high$$$ right now!!! W/ so many people gettin the NISMO I might keep that for a while and still do this--the front lip is kinds on the Shovel lookin side,..but man,..if that damn car pulled up in your rearview or besid you!! You would ****!!! I know I would!!
<-----Mr. Fairlady ***** his pants when he sees Super tight cars!!hahahah

http://www.issanniracing.com/site_co.../P1010065.html

That is bad *** to me,..and for some reason the wing kinda completes the package,.. although..you would damn sure not see me riding down the road in a street car w/ that big bastard on!

Thats IMO
Old 03-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Stop7alkin

it does not match the silver car, it might look OK on on black MIGHT, but i like the nismo kit
Old 03-04-2003, 07:20 PM
reen

Talking comical...

Originally posted by Chebosto
i hope you know what you're saying.

a properly placed wing WILL reduce overall drag.

Soooo funny that you start with the "hope you know what you're saying" line. Love the emphasis on "WILL". The irony kills me.

Just another example of someone who has no idea what they're talking about regurgitating some factoid that an equally clueless person told them.

I've heard a LOT of rice guys claim that those huge wings REDUCE drag.

I would love to be shown an aerodynamic analysis of how this works.

WashUJon and MaxTR are right on.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:39 AM
ScottC

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady
well,.I hear ya!! But look @ this and tell me you don't like how this looks--its the RED 350Z w/ the C-WEST kit fromt lip still CF but the rest is painted!! I was gonna do that but kit is a little too high$$$ right now!!! W/ so many people gettin the NISMO I might keep that for a while and still do this--the front lip is kinds on the Shovel lookin side,..but man,..if that damn car pulled up in your rearview or besid you!! You would ****!!! I know I would!!
<-----Mr. Fairlady ***** his pants when he sees Super tight cars!!hahahah

http://www.issanniracing.com/site_co.../P1010065.html

That is bad *** to me,..and for some reason the wing kinda completes the package,.. although..you would damn sure not see me riding down the road in a street car w/ that big bastard on!

Thats IMO
Wow...this car is the definition of rice!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:17 AM
arpus809

I think the lip is hot..
Old 03-05-2003, 04:56 PM
MATIX

ScottC, whats yer defintion of rice...sounds to me apparently any cosmetic mod is rice in your book, am i correct in assuming this?
Old 03-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Mr Fairlady

MATIX..your inbox is full! I'm trying to find out where you got your TOYO's from,..I'm gonna get those instead!!! THANX

COLLIN
Old 03-06-2003, 05:03 AM
ScottC

Thumbs up

Originally posted by MATIX
ScottC, whats yer defintion of rice...sounds to me apparently any cosmetic mod is rice in your book, am i correct in assuming this?
Pretty much.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:29 PM
RedComet

All of you people calling this "rice" are dumbasses. It may look like **** but it does help the car. I dont like it. I dont understand why C-West would even sell it. I dont think anyone in the US is going to buy it. If they do they should die. Functional or not it looks like ****
Old 03-06-2003, 03:02 PM
ScottC

Default ticketed

ticketed
Attached Thumbnails 350z c-west kits-riceticketdbsm.gif  
Old 03-06-2003, 07:19 PM
MATIX

Originally posted by ScottC
Pretty much.
So if any cosmetic mods are rice, i suppose rims are rice along with tinting your windows according to your way of thinking.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:46 AM
ScottC

Originally posted by MATIX
So if any cosmetic mods are rice, i suppose rims are rice along with tinting your windows according to your way of thinking.
Come on dude. Look at your car and the one at the beginning of this post. There is an obvious difference and you know it. I have no idea why you are defending this crap that someone placed all over a Z, it looks like ***. While tinting the windows and SOME rims dont (sometimes there is a fine line). This is going to be my last post in defence of my opinion of this phenomenon know as rice. I THINK you might understand it.

Someday all you "ricers" will look at pictures and think: damn why the hell did I do that to my car?? Sia-narra.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:16 AM
cwest350

Default Re: 350z c-west kits

Originally posted by supraracer90
any body seen this kik *** kit from cwest, i think its cool, pure carbon fiber construction. what do you guys think?
I have that kit...on silver by the way. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.....just think its funny how some people call functional parts...rice?? I dont see any washer nozzles on the C-west 350z do you???? I guess people that dont understand something...(jdm).....will never understand it.... Fine by me(grinning)!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:20 AM
fairladyz33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not too bad...my friend has it on his car, the lip kit looks bigger in person.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:39 AM
cwest350

Default Re: Re: Re: super rice

Originally posted by ScottC
You are correct. I call alot of things rice. If the hat fits wear it! This (and other crap) I see posted on this site sickens me. I am embarrassed that Z owners are even thinking about putting huge fins on the rear of such a wonderful automobile. It sickens me that one would put an off color (or any color for that matter) ground effect on an already low and sporty car. My definition of rice may differ than yours - but you have to admit that this example is super rice. Ignore the brand name and take a long look at what they are putting out on the market! I dont care if it is made by Nissan, if it looks rice like...its ricey. Conclusion: most exterior mods are rice. Thank you for allowing my rant.
Ummm ScottC......i believe ur deff of rice is an oxymoron...or whatever!! You say ignore the namebrand stuff....hmmmmm????? I agree w/ ya...now where can i get an apc muffler, some fireflys and a toucan shift ****. Last time i checked pep boys doesnt stock c-west, tein, volk. You say off color??? Umm its carbon fiber and people do it for style...just like gunmetal, gold rims. You have tunnel vision....i may not like dubs but i dont flame it!
Old 07-29-2004, 02:12 PM
kzshin

Although, I don't really like the look of the C-West lip kit when it's not painted (it acutally looks nice when painted), it is a fully functional kit. The kit was designed and test on the track in Japan.

Regarding the term "rice." I think it should be only used when you slap on useless parts, like Stillen kits, Kamnair kits, or when you use knock off like, ING copies, Nismo copies, AXIS, ADR....etc

Functional parts should never called rice.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:27 PM
ether

love this kit.. well except the front lip.. i went with the TS diffuser for added stability on in the front at high speeds..

Last edited by ether; 07-29-2004 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:04 PM
dumbcurse

Default Re: comical...

Originally posted by reen
Soooo funny that you start with the "hope you know what you're saying" line. Love the emphasis on "WILL". The irony kills me.

Just another example of someone who has no idea what they're talking about regurgitating some factoid that an equally clueless person told them.

I've heard a LOT of rice guys claim that those huge wings REDUCE drag.

I would love to be shown an aerodynamic analysis of how this works.

WashUJon and MaxTR are right on.
Properly executed aerodynamic change can reduce drag. There is a phenomenon called boundary layer separation, that the air flow do not follow the contour of the body and create a low pressure behind, creating a large drag force. One example is a smooth golf ball without any dimple cannot go as far as a regular dimpled golf ball. The dimples on the surface induced turblent flow and eliminate boundary layer separation. Similarly a short vertical vane or a small lip type structure in the back can induce turbulent flow and reduce drag.

However, in race vehicles, wings are usually used to generate downforce for higher cornering speed. And they do increase the overall drag. So, depending on the course layout race engineer has to select the poper combination so that the cars can take advantage of the higher cornering speed while not losing the staright line speed.

At highway speed addition of any wing or body kit has negligible effect on the aerodynamic drag. But it sure can increase downforce a little bit by adding weight to the rear. (cinder blocks in the back is probably more effective in this sense)
Old 07-29-2004, 09:58 PM
zectasy

i love that cf lip kit....thats what i plan on getting...cwest is in the top 3 of best aero companys...and im sure itll look good in real pics....those pics look kinda fake and weird in a way...**** the haters!
Old 07-30-2004, 04:40 AM
cwest350

Default pics of your car

Originally posted by ether
love this kit.. well except the front lip.. i went with the TS diffuser for added stability on in the front at high speeds..
Hey....u have the prodrive gc05.....nice choice!! Any chance i can get a side pic of your car....im considering getting those!!!! I also love the ssr comp type-c rs....hard to find imo.

Nice ride

Quick Reply: 350z c-west kits