Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Varis air duct

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 11:37 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Volk350Z
Yeah but they are closing down due to people buying replica kit instead of the real kit.. making them losing money to maintaining their factory..
C-west is going out of business? I haven't even seen a replica of a C-west bumper. Maybe I haven't been looking.

I just checked Bulletproof Automotive, all the C-west bumpers are around $800 or less, very resonable for a quality product of PFRP. I know that the rear splash guards are very nice for $361 in carbon. Other than Top Secret, I haven't seen anyone make a set like those, I would purchase them myself but they will not work with my Varis heat sheilds. So who is making replicas of the C-west stuff??
Old 09-09-2006, 02:38 PM
BigZ88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reason why the jdm company don't offer their kit in Abs is cause is heavy and flex under high speed. You and everyone should know that you can't "here happy". C West have tested all their kit on the track and come to final result that if a kit is made of FRP is will provide better down force due to not flexing under pressure. This is why all high performance car don't us abs plastic for their exterior.. Look at the Z tune GTR all replace by FRP or Dry Carbon..

this i understand, but again, i say for the masses, this doesnt work, and it goes right along with what i said. And abs doesnt weigh much at all, however you hit it on the head when you said that it will flex which does you no good on an aerodynamic part. I was just trying to give everyone an idea of why these parts cost what they do to manufacture and what they are paying for.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott
I think you are the moron Rick, you claim not to sell car parts, but I find threads where you have sold mutipule of the same item, sorry, don't buy it that you are just an enthusiast. Call me a moron, but dont tangle with the actual replica makers, because they ARE paying the fees to vend on this site, and you are not. Yet you sell 4 of the same brand new item. Hmmmm. So, again, attack the consumer, call the consumer names, but don't attack or call names to the actual "rip-offs" because they can cause problems for you. What a coward you are.
You cannot even argue the points at hand and since you obviously know nothing about what you are talking about you have to drag in off-topic matters. Who are you for me to have to answer to? I have discussed it like an adult and stayed on topic with the admins of this site and they came to the conclusion that I am not some scam artist stealing from this site. I do not make money off of the stuff I have sold and if you can find complaints from any of the people that I helped source parts or purchased my extra sponsorship items, I would really love to hear it. It sounds as if you have an issue with other issues besides replica companies stealing from true car enthusiasts, so lets discuss that in another thread or something if you would really like to.

Like I said, your opinion is important to no one else other than probably yourself. What part of the world have you been living in not knowing that C-west has had their stuff copied? Your ignorance really shines through with the points that you attempted to initially bring forward and once you realized you were on the losing end considering you don't know what you are talking about, you decided to attack me personally as if I am a bad person for putting items in the classifieds at majorly discounted prices to hopefully pass on a savings to a fellow Z owner.

Lets just agree to disagree and if you have things to say that are OFF TOPIC, feel free to PM me.

My utmost sincere regards

Last edited by Rickdogg; 09-09-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah but they are closing down due to people buying replica kit instead of the real kit.. making them losing money to maintaining their factory..
Yup! I remember speaking with Daniel when he worked there along with Takuya and they were really bothered by "customers" calling and complaining about their bad fitment when it was actually a replica part! Good job Extreme Dimensions and everyone else that copied their stuff!

Ignorance shows it's ugly head again and the consumer is paying for it

Last edited by Rickdogg; 09-09-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enough. I'm a strong authentic supporter. Yes the replicas are cheaper, yes as a consumer, you would save money. Yes there's a bigger picture in the tuning scene that you just don't care about, yes you have to pay full price for your items (so do I).

But here's something that would affect the replica supporters... With the authentic companies going out of business, where do you think the replica molds will come from? Pretty soon they will have to do their R&D, their own first molds etc. And they lack the equipment and experience like big companies such as cwest, top secret, varis, etc, to do the R&D AS efficiently, so their final retail price would reflect that and be even higher than what the authentic companies are charging at this time.

The whole thing is a viscious circle. Buy whatever it is you want, and I will keep supporting the authentic companies. It doesn't bother me who is buying replicas and who is buying authentic. But I do appreciate some of the "bigger picture" perspectives shown in this thread.

But now it's just turning into a waste of bandwidth with the name calling and bashing. Closed.

Last edited by Nitrouz; 09-10-2006 at 10:48 AM.