Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grille-Tech POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and PRODUCT !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 07:22 PM
zmadnez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Grille-Tech POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and PRODUCT !!!

Do not buy their grill!! It's a RIP OFF!!

Their Customer Service is less than marginal.

Here's my experience:

Problem #1:
They sent the grill via US Mail in a thin card board flat box with a thin 1/8" diameter dowel. Who would be stupid enought to send a long thin piece in the mail with a thin dowel.
Obviously, when I received the grill the package was bent and the dowel was in three pieces. So it had several slight bends on the grill.

Problem #2:
The grill did not fit flush to the stock grill. The corners were slightly longer than the curves on the facia. There is a slight pretruding hump on the grill-tech grill when it is fastened with the tie rap to the stock grill.

Problem #3:
Sent the grill back to Grill-Tech. Got an email from the about a week later stating the grill was damaged and they cannot give me a refund. I ask them to send me pictures so if it was damaged during shipping from me to them I can claim it with UPS. Then I got a reply email stating they are willing to buy the grill back for half price. I replied to the email stating for them to send me the picture of the grill or have the owner call me.
Well, the other day the grill was on my door step, with the same poor quality packaging. It's the same grill with the slight crease from their first shipment.

Now, I am stuck with this poor fitting grill.

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!
DON'T BUY FROM GRILLE-TECH!!
Old 03-07-2003, 06:15 AM
Dolfan13

I just sent grille Tech a message stating "After considering to purchase one of your grills I logged on the 350 Z forum and read some very poor customer service write up's and I am not going to purchase your product. Thank-you" . I was considering buying one but after your experience I don't think so......Sorry this had to happen to you.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:57 PM
grille-tech

zmadnez

I'm sorry that you had problems with our product and service. I do remember your purchase. May I state, we do have a 30 day money back guarantee, if you don't like our product for any reason at all, simply send it back for a refund. Some Stipulation on this is that you must return the grille within 30 days from when you receive the grille and that is in new condition. It was not in new condition when we received it back from you. Also if it was damaged in shipping all you had to do was contact us the day you received it and let us know your sending the grille back for a replacement. We would have completely understood and shipped out another grille ASAP. We know this happens from time to time, the post office isn't perfect and do damage packages some times. If it was damaged in shipping, why did you install it? Your first e-mail to us said nothing about being damaged in shipping, why? You didn't say it was damaged in shipping to you until we e-mailed you after getting it back from you and said it wasn't in new condition. If the fitment wasn't perfect, I am sorry. This was a brand new product and we have since made adjustments and it now fits perfectly!!

Look, we are not unreasonable; I would like to work this out with you. Please PM me and we'll send you a new grille no charge.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:05 AM
grille-tech

Please read:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=grilletech
Old 03-08-2003, 12:09 AM
grille-tech

Originally posted by VQracer
I've always known they had poor products, my neighbor had the grill on her Del Sol. It was very poor. She made one from Home Depot Racing that looked much better.
We don't make a grille for the Del Sol. Never have. I think you have us mixed up with someone else!! Please check for yourself:

www.grille-tech.com
Old 03-08-2003, 12:24 AM
grille-tech

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=grilletech
Old 03-08-2003, 04:11 AM
shagz

I have the grille-tech grille on my Z, and it fits/looks perfect. I just had to use my own heavyduty ties in 6 places and it fit snug.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:39 PM
zmadnez

Originally posted by grille-tech
zmadnez

I'm sorry that you had problems with our product and service. I do remember your purchase. May I state, we do have a 30 day money back guarantee, if you don't like our product for any reason at all, simply send it back for a refund. Some Stipulation on this is that you must return the grille within 30 days from when you receive the grille and that is in new condition. It was not in new condition when we received it back from you. Also if it was damaged in shipping all you had to do was contact us the day you received it and let us know your sending the grille back for a replacement. We would have completely understood and shipped out another grille ASAP. We know this happens from time to time, the post office isn't perfect and do damage packages some times. If it was damaged in shipping, why did you install it? Your first e-mail to us said nothing about being damaged in shipping, why? You didn't say it was damaged in shipping to you until we e-mailed you after getting it back from you and said it wasn't in new condition. If the fitment wasn't perfect, I am sorry. This was a brand new product and we have since made adjustments and it now fits perfectly!!

Look, we are not unreasonable; I would like to work this out with you. Please PM me and we'll send you a new grille no charge.
Chris, you are the first that showed any interest from Grill Tech to resolve this issue. My telephone is in the PM I just sent you. Please call me.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:27 PM
grille-tech

zmadnez

I'll call you and we can work this out. I don't want anyone to be unhappy with our product or service. Please understand, we are a small company and this was a new product of our's and I want to make up for any problems you had.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:28 PM
zmadnez

Default Issues RESOLVED.

Thanks to Chris of Grille-Tech. He was very helpful in resolving this issue.

Looking at other posts on Grille-Tech's grill, others who have installed the Grille-Tech grill have no issue with fit. I may have a very early production version of the grill.

Chris, thanks again for your help.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:47 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: Issues RESOLVED.

Originally posted by zmadnez
Thanks to Chris of Grille-Tech. He was very helpful in resolving this issue.

Looking at other posts on Grille-Tech's grill, others who have installed the Grille-Tech grill have no issue with fit. I may have a very early production version of the grill.

Chris, thanks again for your help.
I'm happy that your issue was resolved zmandez. After reading from the begining of this thread, I was like wtf? Because Chris has been exceptionally helpful and informative with me! And I also just knew that had to be an early prototype, because he even acknowledged the fitment issue and did a re-fitment for new grilles to be made. Guys, if you can't tell by now, I'm some what of the "perfectionist" and the condition I keep my car in and what I add to it, is an reflection of that. As I stated above, "The fit & finish" are excellent and the customer service (Chris is the only person I've dealt with) is top-notch.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:27 AM
12SecZ

Thumbs up FWIW

My ordering from them went very smooth.

I recieved confirmation and also a tracking number for USPS Priority Mail.

I expect mine any day and of course a pic will be up.

I based my purchase on the pic from TXStyle, I thought it looked great at half the price. I like the ease of instalation procedure he used too.

I will post a pic of mine when it gets here.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:00 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: FWIW

Originally posted by MaxHax
My ordering from them went very smooth.

I recieved confirmation and also a tracking number for USPS Priority Mail.

I expect mine any day and of course a pic will be up.

I based my purchase on the pic from TXStyle, I thought it looked great at half the price. I like the ease of instalation procedure he used too.

I will post a pic of mine when it gets here.
Congrats! Post up pics!
Old 03-21-2003, 08:17 AM
Slexis200

I bought from grill-tech on ebay, for 40 bucks i beleive? maybe 44 i dont remmember. Anyway, it came in perfect condition, with the same packaging mentioned above. I have yet to put it on my car, so i have no comments about the fitting yet. Can you do it with out taking the front bumper off?? Because i waiting to do that, when i put in my clear lenses with LED's.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:47 PM
12SecZ

Did you get Grill Tech instructions and zip ties from Ebay?

I am a little bummed because I ordered a silver one and got black zip ties so I can't put it on and load pics to my page.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:26 PM
grille-tech

Originally posted by MaxHax
Did you get Grill Tech instructions and zip ties from Ebay?

I am a little bummed because I ordered a silver one and got black zip ties so I can't put it on and load pics to my page.
We made the change to sending black zip ties with both black and silver 350Z grilles because the silver ties really show up against the thick black grille fins on the 350Z.

If you would like silver ties we can send you some ASAP.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:32 PM
12SecZ

Thanks please do,

I will email you, black shows up even worse.

Thanks for the quick response, I would like this on by race day, lots of gawkers expected.

Email sent to admin aprox 10 minutes ago, included invoice.

Thanks again!

Last edited by 12SecZ; 03-21-2003 at 09:48 PM.