Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourenn Bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 11:47 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took the liberty of lowering it, adding an FMIC in front and extra bumper mod.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:31 AM
JDMFairlady21

i want the rear!
Old 11-01-2006, 12:34 AM
o snap its eric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the rear bumper should tilt down more.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:47 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Hmm...

The kit does have "potential" but for some reason I'm not really feelin how everything flows right now. I like the rear but I feel like something is either missing or needs to be tweaked a bit. Not feeling the spoiler at all & seems to be out of place IMO. The sides seem to have too much going on & doesn't seem to flow too well with the front/rear bumper. The front bumper (like the rear) I like but feel like something is missing or needs tweaking. These are obviously just my opinions of course but I'll definitely give credit to you for trying to create something different.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:53 AM
brandonanix

that Front and rear bumper is my new favorite out of anything I have seen for the Z to date! I think it would look insane on my Chrome silver with black wheels! I have to have one!

What I like so much is that the front looks like it could be an actual nissan front end, It doesnt look aftermarkert to me, like 95% of all the front ends do out there. Also the rear looks like a Nissan release. To me the entire car, especially the lowered version that 350ZephyR did, looks like it could be the 2008 350z.

Last edited by brandonanix; 11-01-2006 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:51 AM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by nsxpowered
The black beam on the top is the frontal impact beam, I would never recommend taking that off for safety and cost wise if an impact does happen.
Interesting. I didn't even realize that's what that was until you pointed it out. Looks pretty good painted black like that; like it's just part of the bumper.

Front is growing on me. Looks like a croos between Nismo v2 and Tommy Kaira bumpers.

I LOVE the rear. This has got to be my new favorite rear end; looks fantastic! Interested to see the separate diffuser you have coming.

Just not feeling the sideskirts; they don't really flow with the rest of the kit.

So when will you begin production and what material(s) will you offer the pieces in?

PS: your paint guy didn't match the red very well...

Last edited by MustGoFastR; 11-01-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:27 AM
2 low Z

I like the rear, but it might look a little better if the middle wasn’t cut as high. The sides aren’t bad, but really do not flow with the rest of the kit. The front looks great, very clean and simple, but it needs a little work. I think if it was extended down a couple inches to about the same height as the sides and the top of the opening was also extended down a couple inches to the bottom edge of the impact beam would give you a clean but aggressive look.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 AM
ZYAAA21

I like the wing is there anyway to make it in CF I kinda think it would look cool all painted with just the underside showing in CF. I have a black car so I think it will match well. I think it will also match the black on the bumper on a red car. All in all I like it.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:14 AM
fleshstorm

Im really close to loving it. These are the types of kits that I like, simple. It looks like it could be stock. However I cant get over the shape of the front it looks like a cartoon face smiling, if it looked more aggressive Ide be way into it.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:57 PM
nsxpowered

Great inputs everyone, I hope our canards for the front bumper will be okay and balance the flow. The mouth is big, it would be enough airflow for the intercooler and radiator. You could always remove the impact beam, but I wouldn't do it, just paint it flat black and you can't really see it. Protection of the car is critical.

35oZephyR: that lowering job makes the car look hot!!! But as a result probably not very drivable =(, I'll post that picture on the main page! THANKS.

GTNPU Z: Yeah it's pretty tough designing stuff, because the factory did such a good job doing the original 350Z car. To actually make something look better than stock is a feat I wish someday to accomplish. Factory cars are very functional and that's what I want to do. After doing widebodies I noticed every car I converted became a showcar and couldn't be driven daily. Pretty much I lost the car by having it sit in the garage.

MustGoFastR: Actually the car paint is all off, the painter pointed out to me that the car's roof is like brand new paint, and suggest that the fender, door, were repainted by the dealer or something because it didn't match. He just got the Nissan code and it matched the roof of the car. I hope Dave gets his compensation from Mossy Nissan because mismatched paint is considered a Lemon under the lemon law of California.

ZYAAA21: We actually specialize in Carbon Fiber and can make anything in CF. However I'm starting to feel that CF will soon be out of style very soon because everyone has it. Even though it's my business, I encourage people to make better investment decisions.

fleshstorm: It is like a cute cartoon car saying "HI".
Old 11-01-2006, 01:36 PM
BaTMan_4

Diggin the front on the red Z....it sorta reminds me of an S2000 front bumper...with one big duct. The read seems kinda high...only things i like.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 PM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
Hmm...

The kit does have "potential" but for some reason I'm not really feelin how everything flows right now. I like the rear but I feel like something is either missing or needs to be tweaked a bit. Not feeling the spoiler at all & seems to be out of place IMO. The sides seem to have too much going on & doesn't seem to flow too well with the front/rear bumper. The front bumper (like the rear) I like but feel like something is missing or needs tweaking. These are obviously just my opinions of course but I'll definitely give credit to you for trying to create something different.
+1.....does not seem to flow well from front to back. Individually the pieces look good with the exception of the front bumper which needs some air ducts or something on each side of the opening. Also, looking at the side shot from back to front, I believe if you extend the visual line of the side skirt from the back ALL the way to the front it would match better with the side of the front bumper. I think that cleans up the side visual and it flows better. Just MHO; props for the effort though.

Last edited by roncfpz; 11-01-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:03 PM
nsxpowered

You guys think this kind of add on rear diffuser would look good on the car. I was going to make this but ran out of time with the car. This design is from the prototype NSX-R unveiled years ago. The now current production NSX-R diffuser is much smaller and less effective.

prototype diffuser

production diffuser

roncfpz: Thanks for the comment. I agree with what you have to say about the side skirts. If a second skirt ever materializes it will be more flowing, however I always notice most people like to mix and match so they are not forced to purchase our skirts.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:21 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hehe sorry, just goofing around. I showed my wife these pics and she remarked how happy this picture makes the Z look

I do like the front bumper though - one of the better front bumpers

looking forward to seeing how the rear diffusers turn out
Attached Thumbnails Tourenn Bodykit-yippie.jpg  

Last edited by sentry65; 11-01-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Marbleshade

Originally Posted by sentry65
hehe sorry, just goofing around. I showed my wife these pics and she remarked how happy this picture makes the Z look

I do like the front bumper though - one of the better front bumpers

looking forward to seeing how the rear diffusers turn out
That roffled my waffles.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:13 AM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by nsxpowered
You guys think this kind of add on rear diffuser would look good on the car. I was going to make this but ran out of time with the car. This design is from the prototype NSX-R unveiled years ago. The now current production NSX-R diffuser is much smaller and less effective.

prototype diffuser

production diffuser
Yes, I think it would look good.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:00 AM
MiniRide

When can i get a rear?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:10 AM
03_Track_Z

i like the kit exactly how it is, if i didnt buy a body kit over the summer i would have just saved up for this one...
Old 11-15-2006, 08:57 AM
nsxpowered

Parts are ready to go. Available at www.downforce.biz which accepts paypal, credit card, check, or local pickup in orange county, ca, usa.

We will be starting on the rear diffuser (designed from the yellow car) for the rear bumper that goes underneath once we get a car from nissan.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Love the front and rear, agree with others about the sideskirts.

Very interested in the possible rear diffuser, the choices we have now are, IMO, very very expensive. (Varis and Top Secret).

I already have a Nismo V2 klone, so basically -
I want the rear or the diffuser.
Will the diffuser work with the stock or Nismo type muffler, or will it be for dual cannister types only? Just wondering.

Props on the clean design style, much better than all the "busy" front bumpers out there.

Also interested in seeing the front bumper with canards.

Quick Reply: Tourenn Bodykit