Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally!! After 2 months of waiting, the kit is on!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trentor
how wide can you go on the '06 18 stockers?
dont know the link for my350z, but on 350z motoring someone did 245 for fronts and 275 for rears on 03 track wheels which are the same dimensions as the 06 18's.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Motero
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DOnt liek it at all... maybe in the middle, if it was cut outin the middle and there was an intercooler there, it would look nicer...
Old 11-02-2006, 05:19 AM
TurboSteve

ehh.. man why.. why put a body kit on with stock wheels? wheels first, ALWAYS, then the body kit
Old 11-02-2006, 06:34 AM
djlynch

sorry - double post
Old 11-02-2006, 06:35 AM
djlynch

Originally Posted by TurboSteve
ehh.. man why.. why put a body kit on with stock wheels? wheels first, ALWAYS, then the body kit
personally i like the 06 wheels.... ive had an 03 and 04, and these wheels are 100% better looking than what ive been looking at for the last 3 yrs!! Yes, when i had the 04 i was debating some volk gtcs but for the 06 i wanted to try the kit first and then see how the 06 stockers looked FIRST.

After seeing the kit w/ the 06s, i cant justify spending the $$ on wheels when this car is only 2 months old and has a basically brand new set of tires on it... when i have to replace the tires, then i will prob go with the gtcs... til then, im 100% satisfied.

To each his own.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:05 AM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kit looks great, $3k for everything sounds reasonable.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:20 AM
black_03

Originally Posted by jdm_Z33
you need wheels now and lower the car!
GOLD DEEP DISH!!!!! would look hotttt
Old 11-02-2006, 08:47 AM
TSG-Z

Wow, the kit cost 2k! Do you have the cannards, looks good, but I'm gonna paint the middle piece black on my replica of course, lol.

TSG
Old 11-02-2006, 09:03 AM
djlynch

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
Wow, the kit cost 2k! Do you have the cannards, looks good, but I'm gonna paint the middle piece black on my replica of course, lol.

TSG
Nah, i didn't go with the cannards... not just because its extra $$, i just really wasn't too wild on them. I wanted to see how the car looked w/o them and then get them ONLY after i felt that the front didn't look right w/o them.

After looking online, some look great w/o em and some look like butt w/o em. I think its all about the color - personally, i like this as is.

I thought about dong the middle piece black ( i think theres a thread on here where a guy went back over his and blacked it out) - thats what i was planning on doing if i didnt like the front. As of right now, im keeping it as is, tho i might black it out down the road if i see another db with the center black and like it better.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:06 AM
CA3

Hey Man I Saw U At The 350z Meet In Mobile, You Didnt Have All This Done Saturday When I Saw Your Car Did You? I Was The Black Guy That Had On The Jordan 45 Jersey, I Have A Magnetic Black 06 Enthusiast!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:06 AM
djlynch

Ahh wzup man? yeah that was me - i was there but nope it wasnt on... Car went in to get it put on monday morning and got it back Tuesday night! Saturday it was painted and ready to be hung BUT the installer got sick the later part of last week so i had to wait til Monday - it was KILLING me at the meet knowing what i had coming and how close it was to being on!!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

body kit before wheels = ftl. the kit itself is very nice. looks like a very good install but it looks awkward without aftermarket wheels with aggressive offsets. now get some rims!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:44 AM
CA3

man tha car looks great!!! im just having a hard time looking for some wheels for mine! with that black car, you have to pick an exact perfect set of wheels to make it look right, yanno. i cant find the PERFECT wheel for that color, i do wanna do black with chrome lip though in an 18x9 front 18x9.5 rear with a 4 inch lip rear. i love the V2 Front Bumper, that's the exact one Ive wanted, just a lil high, but it's a Z right, go all out! when is there gonna be another Z meet? man i signed up to go to the track that night, but hell i got lost trying to find it, so i cruised back to Mississippi!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:00 PM
djlynch

im not sure when another meet is going to happen - the z day is an annual event, so as for that same show it will be another year (arrghhhh - and me with my kit 3 days later!!!) Me and ray at pat peck (the guy that threw this one) go way back, so ill ask him what is going on locally when i see him - ill see him prob mon or tues of next week... even if there isn't anything scheduled, i know a few ppl here w/z's that didn't attend the show; hell, if we can get up enough interest maybe we can start something up on a reg basis... As for the v2 on a black z, there is a local guy that ordered and got his kit a day after i did and its going on a black roadster - from what i hear he has the kit but hasn't decided on a shop (IF YOUR READING THIS GO TO COLLISION EXPERTS!!!) - either way, it will be riding around here in the next month or so so if i see him around ill get some pics of it on his car and send them 2 you.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:17 PM
TacoMadre

Very nice!!!

I like the way it looks with out the lp bracket on there.
Attached Thumbnails Finally!!  After 2 months of waiting, the kit is on!!-z33.jpg  
Old 11-02-2006, 04:35 PM
djlynch

Originally Posted by d's_z
Very nice!!!

I like the way it looks with out the lp bracket on there.
hmm.... that is nice.. might have to do it sometime in the future if i need a quick facelift!!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
xNeo

I like it with the stock wheels, its not like its a aftermarket body kit...its the nismo; Essentially factory add on. Don't get me wrong would look better w/ a set of 19's and dropped...but I think it looks very nice and could come from the factory like that.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:10 PM
myladyz33

i love my 06 rims but when u get the cash money jump on some nice juicy wide *** wheels with lip and ditch the wing get the nismo v2 wing cuz v1 is ftl
Old 11-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Deftones

This is what I was thinking about doing to my 07 when I get it, since there are no decent lips for the 06... assuming the front end on the 07 will be the same as the 06. I love the v2 bumper without the canyards... all one color, looks clean. Except mine will be Magnetic Black, dropped and swayed with Hotchkis with some Volk GTS and 35% tint... and no wing. Atleast, that's the vision in my mind... thanks for posting the pics, it helps me visualize my own dreams a little better.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:38 PM
djlynch

Like i said in a previous post, theres a guy locally that has a black roadster that ordered his kit the day after i did... he has it already in in his hands but hasn't decided on an installer. When he gets it on ill see if hes a member of my350z, and if not ill get him to join and/or take pics and post them here myself.

Oh, and he got the cannards and v2 wing. i think hes waiting on the carbon insert for the wing though..

Quick Reply: Finally!! After 2 months of waiting, the kit is on!!