Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 style mirrors CF anyone have these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 06:42 AM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F1 style mirrors CF anyone have these?

anyone have these?

my mirrors got their clearcoat buffed out by accident and the paint looks like S#$% and dont match my redline car anymore (they are like orange).

so was searching the net for some CF mirrors and came acros these ... also want to know if anyone els used dif. CF mirrors.

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/ho...detail&id=1052
Old 12-01-2006, 07:06 AM
xjongsangx80

What is up with all redline Z's mirror cover paint being washed off?

List price is not out yet..I've never seen one with LED though. I bet it will cost some $$.
IMO, I'd go with this and this is what I have.
http://www.intensepower.com/aucafiaemi35.html

It is up to you if you want the silver base to be painted to match the redline color but it stands out too much to leave it like that.
My Z is black so I went with custom route and made it in CF.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yo, why not get the ganador mirrors 'The TECH' is sellign?: they are really superb!!! cheap too!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:13 AM
six3mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you click the model of the car it tells you the price. $119 plus shipping.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:29 AM
widebody350

that's pretty cheap...you think they are made well? I kind of like them and need to order some pretty soon.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Motormouth
Banned

honestly, your car will look retarded with these unless you have a bodykit rims, lowered etc. they are out of place on a stock looking Z.

if you do, then these are pretty cool, but don't expect to be able to see anythign behind you tiny!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:51 AM
MUZZY

Im planing to go 2-toned CF top/Redline bt. and they are pretty cheap. I might be a ginny pig and try them. CF hood/hatch overlay roof../pillars.. i think this will complement.

u got a link to techs mirrors?

yea allot of redline with bad mirror paint. suczors
Old 12-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Motormouth
Banned

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233294

grab em!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:59 AM
taurran

It's funny, almost every redline owner that I know has had the clearcoat wear off the mirrors (including me). I had to get mine repainted at the same time as the lip kit.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:13 AM
xjongsangx80

Originally Posted by Motormouth
honestly, your car will look retarded with these unless you have a bodykit rims, lowered etc. they are out of place on a stock looking Z.

if you do, then these are pretty cool, but don't expect to be able to see anythign behind you tiny!
Yup, it will look very strange on a stock Z..
However, eventhough it is kind of small, the mirror itself is wider than stock and you get to see whole wider rear view sight.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Brick-Z

Agree with Motormouth in that you definetly need to have bodykit, rims, etc. to pull off this look. I do like them though.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Silkk

I wouldn't buy the autotecknic (or any of these CF f-1 knockoff mirrors)... I had them on the car for a month or two and then removed and threw them away. While they were on the car I had to epoxy the ball joints so they didn't move b/c the mirrors would adjust (fly in and hit the car/window) if you hit speeds in excess of 80mph. Once epoxied, the joint can't adjust at all, nor does it look very good. Even with clear epoxy you felt like you were driving a model car, not a Z.

I put these on the forsale forum for $75 or best offer, shipped. I got several offers and then decided it wasn't worth the hassle and just tossed them in the garbage. Didn't feel right selling junk to fellow members.

If you are going to buy this style mirror (which I agree you need kit and wheels; which I had at the time), then get the genuine JDM ones (I forget the brand, but they run $400+). These knockoffs are definitely a "get what you pay for" type deal IMO.

EDIT: I'm not the only one who has had the ball joint problem and had to epoxy them either. I've read several threads where owners had the same issues.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:41 AM
davidf

Originally Posted by Motormouth
yo, why not get the ganador mirrors 'The TECH' is sellign?: they are really superb!!! cheap too!
Those are some damn sexy mirrors.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:08 AM
MustGoFastR

Every red car I've owned had the same problem on the mirrors... the paint just oxidizes, the clear coat waers off and you end up with red on your rag when you wax. If you keep on top of it and keep it well polished, it's ok, but let it go and it looks like crap.

You have three options:
1. repaint/clear the mirrors
2. get the race-style CF mirrors you are looking at (I agree with the others that they will not look right unless you have a pretty racy body kit to go with)
3. get the CF mirror covers that go on the stock mirrors and get a few other exterior CF accents to go with them. I think that would look nice. Check them out here:
http://www.evo-r.net/product/mirror/page_01.htm
Old 12-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Motormouth
Banned

technosquare makes teh good GT style mirrors.

and I know a redline owner who had teh clearcoat come off as well.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:08 PM
MUZZY

thx all for your opinions. i think im going with the CF overlays that go on my existing mirrors.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:32 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by Silkk
I wouldn't buy the autotecknic (or any of these CF f-1 knockoff mirrors)... I had them on the car for a month or two and then removed and threw them away. While they were on the car I had to epoxy the ball joints so they didn't move b/c the mirrors would adjust (fly in and hit the car/window) if you hit speeds in excess of 80mph. Once epoxied, the joint can't adjust at all, nor does it look very good. Even with clear epoxy you felt like you were driving a model car, not a Z.

I put these on the forsale forum for $75 or best offer, shipped. I got several offers and then decided it wasn't worth the hassle and just tossed them in the garbage. Didn't feel right selling junk to fellow members.

If you are going to buy this style mirror (which I agree you need kit and wheels; which I had at the time), then get the genuine JDM ones (I forget the brand, but they run $400+). These knockoffs are definitely a "get what you pay for" type deal IMO.

EDIT: I'm not the only one who has had the ball joint problem and had to epoxy them either. I've read several threads where owners had the same issues.
Ok, lol, there is a little allen screw on the Autoteknic mirrors that nobody can ever seem to find. Its a screw that when you tighten, makes the mirrors solid in place. I have the Autoteknic and they are solid as a rock well over 100mph all day long. There is a nut on the back of the mirror base, and inside that nut there is a tiny allen screw, thats the one I am talking about. Autoteknic are just fine as long as you find that screw. I love mine.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:16 AM
fucy626

Originally Posted by Silkk

I have the AutoTecknic version as well and I've hit 135-140MPH with them with no problem, and I didn't use any glue or epoxy. I guess you just didn't adjust the screw on the mirror.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I posted a "how to" about how to tighten those. Not complicated. Mine do not move, period.