Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint Shops

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:12 PM
charged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Shops

I don't know about you guy but I have had the worst luck with paint shops. My first of many negative experiances was with my local Nissan dealer, great guy but cant paint worth a sht. Every mod I have given them to paint has had to go back at least once. I have learned my lesson and moved on to another body shop. Like the first dealer I tell them ahead of time that I don't want to see runs, drips,dust etc. Maatch paint and make it look great. I always give them the benefit and check with outhers just to see if I am being too picky. So I go to this other place to have my side skirts painted and give them one of my old skirts to go by.(for exact color match) As I am leaving I speak with shop manager, who I know, and explain of my pickyness. He assures me that it will be perfect. I pic up sides today and can't believe my fckn eyes. The sides look as if dust blew on both of them(in the paint), actually popped air bubbles or something. I show guys working there and they agree, not good but can be wet sanded and buffed out. I then decieded to take them home and install. I them I would be back on Tuesday for them to finish. Before I was going to install, I thought it might be a good idea to check color match with the oem skirt I GAVE THEM TO MATCH. Not even close, 4 shades darker OMFG. I brought them back and hope to God that they can get it close to right. I always give others the benefit but sometimes people are clueless and just don't give a sht.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:36 PM
rs350z

I bring all of my paint work to Navin at Venturas in Lowell. I also live in NH well worth the drive highly reccomended. Tell him Roger sent you !
Old 12-31-2006, 07:16 AM
charged

Default Venturas

Originally Posted by rs350z
I bring all of my paint work to Navin at Venturas in Lowell. I also live in NH well worth the drive highly reccomended. Tell him Roger sent you !
Thanks, someone else told me about Venturas as well. I just can't believe the lack of quality after I have explained what I am looking for. It's like asking for a burger with out tomatoes and it comes with extra tomatoes.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:19 AM
rs350z

Navin is good at "holding the tomatoes" hahah very impressed with evey thing on my car. Going back when weather is warmer!