Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber B-Pillar Covers... pics inside ->

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 06:50 AM
POWERZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer the look of the stock black when the windows are tinted. The carbon fiber breaks up an otherwise smooth transition from front to rear.

If the windows were lightly tinted or not tinted at all I think it could look really nice. I think it would look especially nice on a car that had other cf touches, like the front finisher or in the emblems.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:28 AM
bluefish

Default i like them

i have the real carbon dash kit installed on several Z's and it look good. this would only complement the car...

The price is another story..

I will offer them..
Old 04-03-2003, 07:50 AM
sdpearso

SKiDaZZLe,

Thanks for keeping us up to date on these things. You're forsight is frequently taken for granted.

I personally like them. I don't think I'd spend $200 on them but they look nice. The stock plain black ones will probably be scratched up in a year or two so these are a nice way of covering them up.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:21 AM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by droidekaus
I swear, sometimes this place is like special-ed for waterheads. This is *real* carbon fiber overlayed on the B-pillar cover. It adds MAYBE 2-3 ounces to the weight. That's my Silverstone in the pictures. The finished piece is of very high quality and nicely done. Is it for me? No. Frankly, I think it looks stupid on my otherwise stock car, but for those building up very nice, show quality cars, it's a must have for that extra bit of panache.
What's a "waterhead?" I can't stand it when I don't even know what I am being called!!!! LOL

Maybe I should come out with a CF kit that covers the entire car!! I am sure a lot of people would buy it and I would be rich!! J/K

Hey remember; "Opinions are like ********, everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks!"
Old 04-03-2003, 09:28 AM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by Red6
Wow you see the z as an ugly women? Moding the Z to me is like dressing up a hot chick with no clue.

It like getting a girl to ware a nice pair of thongs V.S. a pair of her old granie panties. I perfer the thong look some (no offence) old folks like the grandma ones.

I see the same thing with the Z . The Z looks good with carbon fiber and looks good without. It a hot car reguardless.

I woundnt say the its an ugly girl even though they need love too.
If you girlfriend has to wear a pair of thongs, you're in trouble!

No, I don't see the Z as an ugly woman, I see the Civic as the ugly woman in my example. What I do see the Z as is a beautiful woman with a nice set of **** that then has them "enhanced" to simply grotesque in proportion. Sure, people can do whatever they want, but if you post it on a web board, you are going to get comments. No one is stopping you, so go for it. I live in SoCal, I see a bunch of Nissan Sentra wannabe low riders every day with spoke wheels that have 6" spacers on them to stick out past the fenders. That person liked that, good for them!

I am just pissed because I didn't think of CF "B" pillar covers first!!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:40 AM
franklinz

i have nothing constructive to say about this, its rice plain and simple.
this adds nothing to the performance of the car, and it does not make a huge difference in weight reduction. christ when will vendors realize we want performance, not a shiny peice of carbon!!!!!
franklinz
btw: here you go:

http://www.ricecop.com/images/riceticket2.jpg
and in case you think im negative in my posts, please read my sig.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:21 AM
ColecatZ

I like them and will probably pick some up.....looks sharp.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:56 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by ColecatZ
I like them and will probably pick some up.....looks sharp.
hey josh.. let me know when you want to install all those things on your "Wait list."

also, i have some new CDs for you to check out...

and shaun... PM me about these covers... thanks.

m
Old 04-03-2003, 11:02 AM
sdpearso

Rice, rice, rice, .....

Every little thing is rice...which is funny because half the people on this forum that label things as rice have purchased and installed something that has been labeld rice by someone else.

Everyone is full of rice. Can we call it sushi or chopstix or somethin' else at least? Damn!

Stupid, stupid, stupid...
Old 04-03-2003, 11:36 AM
franklinz

Originally posted by sdpearso
Rice, rice, rice, .....

Every little thing is rice...which is funny because half the people on this forum that label things as rice have purchased and installed something that has been labeld rice by someone else.

Everyone is full of rice. Can we call it sushi or chopstix or somethin' else at least? Damn!

Stupid, stupid, stupid...
on a side note, rice does make us sleepers even more worth while and sneaky.
franklinz
Old 04-03-2003, 11:58 AM
sdpearso

Originally posted by franklinz
on a side note, rice does make us sleepers even more worth while and sneaky.
franklinz
True, and my car is probably no faster than yours (at least not now)...maybe even slower. But people break their necks looking at my car when I drive by and people know my car from the other 350's.

BTW, don't think I'm offended. I don't think anyone that's seen my car in person would think it's rice. There are things I would never do to my car, and every now and then I do use the word "rice". I'm just more selective.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:06 PM
franklinz

Originally posted by sdpearso
True, and my car is probably no faster than yours (at least not now)...maybe even slower. But people break their necks looking at my car when I drive by and people know my car from the other 350's.

BTW, don't think I'm offended. I don't think anyone that's seen my car in person would think it's rice. There are things I would never do to my car, and every now and then I do use the word "rice". I'm just more selective.
youve got about 15k away from beating my old crusty 240z. j/p
when asked "what do you have done to your car" most people are asking about mods done to the engine, and not to the doors, interior etc etc...
you can ask me about what ive done to my 240 and i can honestly say that the only exterior "looky looky" mod that i have done to my 240z was that i polished my old rims, and sprayed a cheapo black paint job on my hood that i had to refurbish.
franklinz

come with it rice boys.

Last edited by franklinz; 04-03-2003 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Jason

Okay, so I have a little bit of rice in my blood. I like it
Old 04-03-2003, 04:42 PM
sdpearso

So what you're saying is that I should drive a 11 second cardboard box?

That's what I'd do if my only desire was speed...

...but it's not. I'll stick with the 14 second gemstone.

youve got about 15k away from beating my old crusty 240z. j/p
when asked "what do you have done to your car" most people are asking about mods done to the engine, and not to the doors, interior etc etc...
you can ask me about what ive done to my 240 and i can honestly say that the only exterior "looky looky" mod that i have done to my 240z was that i polished my old rims, and sprayed a cheapo black paint job on my hood that i had to refurbish.
franklinz

come with it rice boys.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:43 PM
franklinz

i wasnt talking about your car, but your quick reply must be a guilty conscience so ill let you speak for yourself.
i think your car looks nice, nothing outrageous about it at all, my previous comments were towards the b-pillar covers in the first place.
your 14 second gemstone sure is nice though.
franklinz
Old 04-03-2003, 07:42 PM
sdpearso

i wasnt talking about your car, but your quick reply must be a guilty conscience so ill let you speak for yourself.
No worries. I'm not guilty at all. I was just responding to your comment using myself as an example. It seems some people prioritize looks above performance and others prioritize performance above looks. Neither is wrong and it makes our world unique.

i think your car looks nice, nothing outrageous about it at all, my previous comments were towards the b-pillar covers in the first place.
your 14 second gemstone sure is nice though.
franklinz
Thanks...and I'm sure your cardboard box is fast.

BTW, my car will still look nice when I've got these b-pillar covers installed and it won't be a bit slower.

Now that we've completely ruined this thread, I'll hand it back to the members of this forum.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:42 AM
z461

So where can we get these and when Michael?
Old 04-04-2003, 03:59 PM
zeroday

I like it alot and i'm usually the first to call rice on something...Where do I sign up??
Old 04-04-2003, 04:25 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

contact steve at courtesyparts.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:31 AM
TonyZXT

Originally posted by zeroday
I like it alot and i'm usually the first to call rice on something...Where do I sign up??
Zeroday, I'm shocked that you like these, I really am!

Personally I don't really care for the B-pillar covers, because of the issue with them contrasting with the tint. Maybe if you got tint that complemented them it would look pretty good.

Anyway, you know the kid that used to shove paste up his nose in kindergarten? When you ignored him he would get bored and stop. Well it's like I just posted in another thread, there has been someone rediculous enough to call the stock aero package spoiler rice. When people are that friggen pig-headed, then obviously there's no reasoning with them, and they are just going to jump-on-the-bandwagon, and call EVERYTHING rice. You think if we just ignored them they'd get bored and stop? Well probably not though, they're allot older and probably more stubborn than they were in kindergarten.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber B-Pillar Covers... pics inside ->