Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Versus Motorsport body kits...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:22 AM
twisted_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
I had a Erebuni bumper on my last car and it wasnt that great. The Versus stuff is much better quality. I ran there INGS Half kit replica for a minute and it fit well.
Thanks for the info...do you happen to know anything about the quality of the JDM FRP vs "hybrid"??
I did contact someone @ Versus and they recommended the JDM FRP pieces (which were more $)
Old 03-13-2007, 11:10 AM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

you can buy the authentic N Spec from Intense Motorsports if you don't want to deal with Bulletproof.

the hybrid aero will be more durable then the frp.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:49 AM
twisted_z

Originally Posted by topsecret2001
you can buy the authentic N Spec from Intense Motorsports if you don't want to deal with Bulletproof.

Yeah, so far Intense has the best price for the kit, but I'm cheap!! Actually, it's because I have two other hobby cars, and the Z is my daily driver, so I'm trying to keep the costs low...BUT, at the same time, I'd hate to spend as much as the real kit cost to do bodywork to make on of these replica kits fit - TOUGH!!

And if I'm willing to spend $2-3k on the real INGS, that opens the door to a wider range of kits...

From what I could tell by looking at the Versus kit on the drift car it looked REALLY good!! Seemed to line up fairly clean (atleast as well as a car can that's put to such extreme driving conditions!). Wish I could hear from two or three people who have any of their kits on right now

According to Versus, the hybrid fitment is worse.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

versus is going to tell you whatever they can to get you to buy their product. ings fitment is very good, you won't have any issues at all...only the fenders are not a direct slap on and go. the only products that have better fitment would be top secret, kenstyle, damd, and nismo off the top of my head.

i wasn't too impressed with the fitment of the versus kit when i've seen the aem car...plus all the pics of the car are after the kit has been fitted and prepped, you want to see a pic of it slapped on before the inconsistencies were fixed.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Grommit

I'm currently stuck with a replica Ings N-spec rear. I've bought three different versions of this bumper from different manufactures. All of them had fitment issues.

I wanted to get the authentic but Top secret never called me back! Plus, I can't wait up too 4 months for the bumper since my Z is in the shop and the insurance company and shop owner can't stall months on end for the bumper to arrive.

So far the three total bumpers cost me $700. I'd gladly have paid $280 more for the authentic.

The one I'm actually fitting onto the car is made by VIS. The fitment was off but not too bad. My shop is making it fit near perfect as possible. It can be done but yeah, it takes time and money. If I just bought the VIS version from the beginning the total price, including labor + paint, would have been about $650. That is cheaper than the authentic peice alone.

I wanted to try the Versus (Initial D) rear but thats been out of stock too. I've been told a new shipment will arrive in April but thats too far off for me to wait.

When I get my Z back within the next two weeks I'll be sure to post pics. I have the VIS replica Ings N-Spec rear, Initial D N-spec sides, and Nismo front.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:54 PM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

most of the time top secret aero parts are in stock. the long nose is in stock right now.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Grommit

yeah, but you guys don't have the Ings N-spec rear in stock do ya? If you did, I'd pick it up this week.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Richsince86

i bought a kit from versus along time ago...not for a z but for something else...and let me tell you it was really good quality...good company IMO
Old 03-13-2007, 05:03 PM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

Originally Posted by Grommit
yeah, but you guys don't have the Ings N-spec rear in stock do ya? If you did, I'd pick it up this week.
no we don't, too bad i guess then.

good luck with getting your car put together though.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by topsecret2001

I'm not sure you should be advertising here.