Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Real" Aluminum Dash kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Keven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Real" Aluminum Dash kit

First of all, I've got to thank you ALL for teaching me so much, from the driver/owner perspective, about 350Zs. I've studied this forum for days on end now as I moved closer to making my decision to purchase. Last Saturday, I took delivery of a Daytona Blue 350Z Touring!

Moving on ... the one thing I know I want to do is add some aluminum accents to the interior: focusing on the center console. I've yet to quelch this thirst after some serious attempts at finding the perfect dash kit.

I've finally found a guy in Atlanta, GA (perfectimagecreations.com) who's going to design an aluminum dash kit in an aluminum that matches the stock accent pieces. As soon as this is done and installed, I promise pictures - but the kit will be "designed" hence can become part of his stock in the future. The work I've seen on his web site for those kits he does stock is really impressive.

Thought some here might want to know as I sure wish such a creature existed today.

Now, I know this doesn't belong here but since I've already been so verbose: anyone done the programmer thing yet?

Thanks!

Kev
Old 05-02-2003, 06:31 PM
JZC

Let me know!
Old 05-02-2003, 08:36 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried the website to see where they were located, but it isnt a valid URL.

if whatever they make are true aluminum REPLACEMENTS, meaning, not stick on, but true replacements, I might be interested.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Keven

Default Not sure about replacements ...

Hey there, Ares ...

<<if whatever they make are true aluminum REPLACEMENTS, meaning, not stick on, but true replacements, I might be interested.>>

I'm not sure they do replacements, but it can't hurt to ask. From my brief conversation today, they seem pretty open-minded. It couldn't hurt to call and ask them:
Perfect Image Creations, Inc.
659 Auburn Avenue
StudioPlex #206
Atlanta, GA 30312

I'll just be glad to get a really good "kit" with the true aluminum pieces I'm interested in having. He also mentioned that he works with five (or six - brainfade) different aluminums so a match would be likely possible.

The site (http://www.perfectimagecreations.com) must have been down earlier. It seems to be back up and running now though.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:41 PM
StillenZproto

It would be hard to get a correct match on all the parts because the car comes stock with both brushed aluminum and reg aluminum accents.

I just ordered the full kit from edashkits.com in the brushed aluminum and as soon as I get it in and installed I will post some pics if you all would like.

~Kevin
Old 05-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Keven

Default Would love to see it!

<<I just ordered the full kit from edashkits.com in the brushed aluminum and as soon as I get it in and installed I will post some pics if you all would like.>>

Thanks, Kevin! I'd love to see it when you get it all installed.

Understand what you mean on the "mixed" aluminum looks inside the car. I'm going to request a very light brushing to remove the severity of shine - that's one thing I want to avoid. I also am going to inquire about getting some piece(s) made to cover the aluminum colored paint job around the interior door handles.

I had a few problems with the kits I was able to find - one of which was I just wanted some focused pieces to accentuate the interior but stay true to form of the minimal "racing" design. Those that were willing to individually piece a kit for me only had synthetic materials to offer (another of those "few problems" I encountered).

Thanks bunches for the lead to edashkits. I'm sure your kit is going to look fantastic and I can't wait to see it! Being I've already put a deposit down for the custom build, I better stay in drive.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:04 PM
StillenZproto

I ordered it last wednesday so I expect it sometime mid to late next week.
Another thing that I like about the edashkit is that there is a cover for the nav that comes with it and it doesnt have that goofy cut out Z in it!

~Kevin
Old 05-07-2003, 08:29 AM
Keven

Default Just a quick update!

Hey all ...

Don't want to tie your eyes up too long but I did want to offer an update as I understand from Dean at Perfect Image Creations that many here have shown an interest in getting a real aluminum dash kit design for their 350Zs. You guys are the greatest! I didn't mention to Dean in any past conversations that I'd posted here at this forum, but he soon learned about it ... and he sounds really excited and enthusiastic about working with us to help customize the interior of our Zs.

The schematics are pending very soon and then he'll begin the dash kit. I have no ETA on anything "final" but will be glad to share details as they unfold in my case here.

I expect schematics of the kit to hit my fax machine sometime tomorrow. I won't overburden this thread with the first round of drawings, but if anyone is interested in seeing them, feel free to find me and I'll gladly send them on your way.

Great humpday to all!
Old 05-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Keven

Default Schematics finalized ....

Morning, all!

Just a quick update: the schematics have been designed - it's going to be a very complete kit (as of now: about 30 pieces); however, I'm sure you'll be able to customize from these pieces the exact ones you want (just speculation and what I'm doing).

I understand it could be July before we see a final kit but I believe it's well worth the wait. Will keep you posted.

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-09-2003, 07:44 AM
wadd3456

Odd, im in ATL and make custom aluminim dash kit too.

Ive suggested making a few pieces but no one went through with it. Oh well.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:51 AM
i350Z

where's the pics of this kit?? This was in May, I'm getting anxious!
Old 11-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Keven

It looked horrible so I sent it back for him to redo. He was going to have it to me in a week, but that was months ago and I've yet to receive anything. He's denied me any sort of refund on my deposit.

Sorry, no pictures to show and I think I've done well to bite my tongue this hard and this long. Basically, I paid $200 for nadda.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:18 PM
i350Z

damn! sorry to hear that. thanks for the honest reply, i was going to contact the guy....but now i know better.

aren't there brushed aluminum kits out there you can get?
Old 11-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Randall Patters

Default E-dashkit

Hey Keven sorry to hear the bad news. edashkit.com has a full kit for the z and the quality is top notch.here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails &quot;Real&quot; Aluminum Dash kit-im000320.jpg  
Old 11-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Randall Patters

Default brushed aluminum

Here's a shot of my visor covers in brushed aluminum
Attached Thumbnails &quot;Real&quot; Aluminum Dash kit-im000403.jpg  
Old 11-29-2003, 01:53 PM
DruDragzOn

Looks very nice. Which synthetic metal resembles the closest to the silver/aluminum accents already in the car? Is it brushed aluminum, chrome, or plain aluminum? Thanks.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Randall Patters

Their brushed aluminum is very close.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:23 PM
i350Z

Any pic of the brushed aluminum in a 350Z? that sounds exactly what I'm looking for. A dash that the compliments the already installed accents, so it doesn't look so plasticy (sorta like the G35 dash).