Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transplant Civic Type R Recaros into my Z.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Luscious Luke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transplant Civic Type R Recaros into my Z.

I did my searching on the site with no luck on my specific question. I have a set of JDM Civic Type R (red suede) Recaros in my 2000 Civic. I am wanting to know where/if I can purchase new rails to bolt on the bottom of these seats that will match up with my Z's bolt pattern?

First question- does Recaro offer sliders for the 06 Z yet? I couldnt find them on their page.
Second- If they do, can I unbolt my Civic sliders for the Recaros and bolt the Recaro Z sliders straight on?
Third- Do the seatbelt receivers match, if not, can the Z seatbelt receiver be installed on the Recaros to maintain the seatbelt electrical connections under the seat and not throw the seatbelt light?
Fourth- If these are available where and how much can I get them for?

Here is a pic of what I have. Not the greatest, but the only one I had at the time of this post.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

That's a lot of ifs man. Maybe you should talk to Ceasartorres. He's one of the few guys here with Recaro seats.

Answers to your questions:

1) I assume so. Contact ^ or a vendor here.

2) Probably not.

3) You have to have a reciever that can not only buckle the two, but one with a bolt that will fit the Z. If the civic reciever does not allow it to buckle with the Z's seatbelt then you might have to rewire the the Zs and somehow make the different bolt size to work.

4) Anything OEM Civic Type-R is hard to find. You're going to have to import them directly or through some salvage service that handles JDM parts.

You need to check the honda sites. I think this is the wrong forum for half of your questions.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Luscious Luke

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
That's a lot of ifs man. Maybe you should talk to Ceasartorres. He's one of the few guys here with Recaro seats.

Answers to your questions:

1) I assume so. Contact ^ or a vendor here.

2) Probably not.

3) You have to have a reciever that can not only buckle the two, but one with a bolt that will fit the Z. If the civic reciever does not allow it to buckle with the Z's seatbelt then you might have to rewire the the Zs and somehow make the different bolt size to work.

4) Anything OEM Civic Type-R is hard to find. You're going to have to import them directly or through some salvage service that handles JDM parts.

You need to check the honda sites. I think this is the wrong forum for half of your questions.
Thanks for your response. Regarding the import of the OEM parts; Not sure if I was not clear on this but, I already have the seats, I'm just trying to figure out if OEM Recaro seats are made to have interchangable sliders and if so, do they make replacement sliders for the 06 Z? I guess I could have simplified my questions a bit more.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 AM
702Fairlady

I believe there is a place called Wedge Industries that makes sliders and brackets and such for alot of aftermarket seats.

Last edited by 702Fairlady; 08-28-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:18 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 702Fairlady
I believe there is a place called Wedge Industries that makes sliders and brackets and such for alot of aftermarket seats.
yeah, it's called Wedge Engineering. They do awesome work and always have templates ready to be made so there is no need to measure or any of that matter. I highly recommend them. I have dealt with them before.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Luscious Luke

Awesome, thanks guys, this is the kind of place I am looking for.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Sea Bass

Let us know how this works out. I had a set of JDM CTR Recaros in my 2003 SiR, and I loved those seats. They're identical in style to the modern Evo Recaros, but that red alcantara just looked gorgeous. I could drive for 17 hours straight (and I did, not an exaggeration) without a single neck crink or back ache. Best seats ever made, IMO.

Now I wish I didn't sell them when I parted out my car... maybe could have put them in the Z? Ah, well...