Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
henry j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window problem!!

so i took my car to the body shop to get the accident fixed and i asked if he could fix my window because it wouldnt move anymore. so he told me to buy the window lift motor and hed fix it along with the car. so i bought it and he said that it wasnt the problem and that i needed to get the window regulator and that would fix it, but it still doesnt move...any ideas suggestions or a place down here in socal that i can get it checked? i have a tite budget though helllp me please thankyou!!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:39 PM
stalarman@yahoo

Get a second opinion from a shop around you. IF he redirects you twice I would think if this was my case that he's doing bunch of guessin games in his head. Go get a second opinion... that's a start i would take. Window motors go out.. they need to be replaced eventually. It could possibly be a wiring problem but i do not know more about any of that so im going to stop right there. good luck.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:22 PM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Yes get a second oppinion... I have an 03 and the window regulator and motor went out. dealer quoted me around 380 or 400 to fix. warranty was up. I pretty much said hell no and went around and found a regualtor and motor and installed it myself with help from a wiki page on installing it. Took me awhile to figure out but it works perfect now. maybe the accident severed some wires?? whered you get hit??
Old 08-26-2007, 07:21 PM
henry j

no i just got hit on the back bumper but the window was acting up for a while before... man ive left my window open the past few nites shytttttt