Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Lighting ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 06:50 AM
ZEXC-33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Interior Lighting ?!?!

Hey guys, ive been doing some browsing on the japanparts.com site and found these interior foot well lights;

http://www.japanparts.com/NissanPart...33/pic/024.JPG

has ne1 bought and fitted these lights??? Im really interested in them. Im assuming they'd come on when u open a door. Does ne1 have pics of them fitted to their car???

I also saw these other amber lights that seem to come from under the seats. Has ne1 fitted these?? Do they operate via a switch?? Pz send pics

http://www.japanparts.com/NissanPart...33/pic/026.JPG

I want to order both sets, but would love to see what they look like before going through the trouble of ordering from Japan.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2003, 05:25 PM
ZZZzzzZZZ

You shoud just save alot of money and get Street Glow tubes. There something like $20 a tube. And they look great.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:31 PM
MySunset350Z

let me get this straight....
installing an underbody light kit is rice yet getting a street glow bulb to light up the foot area isnt? so just be moving the lights inside it makes things ok. im gonna install the underbody light kit inside my car....

personally i wanted to get the under body lights, but i've been told that the car doesnt have a good spot to install such lights. this meaning that the bulbs will show which is not the look i was going for. ( if anyone has installed them and has pics please let me know)

peace
Old 05-21-2003, 08:52 PM
ZZZzzzZZZ

Well, the only word I could use to describe neon lights on the outside of a car is tacky! Putting a small about of light on the inside looks rather nice. It's just a small amount of light. Using orange just adds to the interior lighting that goes with your dashboard lights. I've put street glow tubes under my dash and it looks very good. It's not over powering like it would be if it was on the outside of my car. The lights don't even look neon. They just look like orange lights. Like as if it came with the car. And no you can not see them under the dash at all. There is a place to put them. Take it to a shop and they can put in a nice switch for you to.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:01 PM
MySunset350Z

what about that neon wire??

had that stuff all over my celica.....but i dont think it would look good in the Z unless its in a spot where they cant be seen until turned on.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:53 PM
ZEXC-33

I agree, neons would look too extreme, the light far too bright and overpowering. U dont c BMW fitting Neons in their footwells LOL. The footwell lights, as per my understanding, are just supplement lights to the roof map lights, hence must be the same.

Thanks for the replies tho guys. I think i mite just get the footwell instead of the under the seat.

If Skidazzle is around, can u post pics of these lights???

Thanks
Old 05-22-2003, 07:20 AM
nmilsaps

check out www.glowire.com ... might be to your liking... or might be kinda cheezy
Old 05-22-2003, 10:43 PM
MySunset350Z

Originally posted by nmilsaps
check out www.glowire.com ... might be to your liking... or might be kinda cheezy
those are the nappy type. streetglow makes a better kind where the neon rope is actually clear until you turn it on. then it turn whatever color you had purchased.

they're less in your face when the wire is clear.
either way...not something Z worthy. i think...maybe
Old 05-23-2003, 03:24 PM
mdacko

hey ZZZZZZZZZZZZ, i think thats too many Z's, isnt it?? Anyway what size tubes did you put in your car? I was thinking of getting either 3" or 6" streetglows in the footwells to accent the dash lights. I had a bimmer that had these small orange LED's that shown down from the ceiling as well as in the footwells, and it looked badass and i want to replicate it, but dont want to do too much. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2003, 04:21 PM
ZZZzzzZZZ

I put 15" tubs under my dash. Yes they fit and no you can't see them at all from the seats, You might think the lighting on 15" tubs is too much but it's really not. It's perfect.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:53 PM
ZEXC-33

under dash neons.....footwell lights

plz post pics ppl!!!!!
Old 12-25-2004, 08:03 PM
rummya87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i put a 15" white (it actually looks whitish blue) neon street glow tube under the dash mounted really high right under the steering column and it makes just enough light to barely light up the footwell and pedals ... it's unseeable from the outside unless the door is open and can be sort of seen from the passenger seat ... everyone who's seen it says it's pretty stealthy ... im gonna add one to the passenger well and put smaller red lights to accent the backboard behind the seats as well ... right now im running them out of the cig lighters until i get them all placed ... then ill run the wires to a 12v switched and then install a main switch for the whole system
Old 12-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I think white neon would look kool under my car. I wouldn't put a color under it cuz IMO that looks bad on a blue car. But white just makes it look like the car is floating on a cloud. LOL
Old 12-25-2004, 09:22 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a Z with LED underbody lights. I knew they were LEDs cause they were doing various fade effects with various colors. no lights were visible. it was a truely well done install.

still... it detracted from the car. I have a rice streak in me for sure. but these were just gaudy.

as for in the cabin, I think theyd be a bit bright. you want light mood lighting. go sit in a 7series and check it out. the whole cabin is lit, yet you wont even know it. they hid tiny LED bulbs everywhere to illuminate the whole cabin.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We offer those foot well lamps...

They are in stock too...

http://www.performancenissanparts.co...roducts_id=343

http://www.performancenissanparts.co...roducts_id=345
Old 12-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Srivero297

I have 15" blue streetglow tubes under my dash and 9" blue tubes under/behind my seats lighting up behind my seats- the panels, and then coming back forward. It looks really good at night, and the light is not bright AT ALL. Its actually very dim. I have gotten a ton of compliments on it. Its funny, I have $2500 worth of TV/Nav right in front of people in my dash, but the thing Ive been getting the most compliments on lately is the $100 worth of interior neons I have.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:26 PM
MacGyver

Holy cow, resurrected thread from the dead!

My Footwell Tubes are also available and in stock... pick any color of the rainbow you want at any time, along with fadeout options, multiple inputs, etc. Cheaper than the stock system...
Old 01-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

pictures please?
Old 01-20-2005, 04:45 PM
rummya87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill take some right now!
Old 01-20-2005, 05:34 PM
mdacko

i currently have the 6" orange streetglow tubes in my dash, but they are too orangy and dont look as good as those ones from japanparts. most people that get in my car ask why i have red lights in my footwells. i am considering getting MacGyvers little led things that he has on his website b/c you can make them match the dash perfectly, and they are so small you can barely see them. the only thing is the price is a little high, so its not something i can get to any time soon.

Hey MacGyver, wanna do a group buy??

Quick Reply: Interior Lighting ?!?!