Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeeky Noisy Instrument Panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 AM
genegoesfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeeky Noisy Instrument Panel

Has anybody else had a really noisy instrument cluster? The piece of plastic that mounts the back of the instrument cluster rattles an incredible amt. as well as squeeks while going over the smallest of bumps. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for a fix?
Thanks
Old 10-31-2007, 02:14 PM
vandyG

i have the same thing in my G gene...

I'm going to try putting some 3M tape around the plastic pieces that surround the adjustable instrument cluster/steering wheel panel. I found that if you put your fingers in between the area where the dash and instrument cluster/steering wheel mechanism meet, the rattle stops.

This is Jonah by the way...the guy who bought your exhaust
Old 10-31-2007, 02:29 PM
genegoesfast

whats up man...how's the exhaust? This is the most annoying noise ever.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:02 PM
vandyG

lol I know....it's like a constant rattle/squeak...mine was doing it the other day when i was just IDLING!

I kind of pushed on the plastic around the steering wheel and it quit doing it, but it seems to get worse when it's cold out.

that 3M tape they use in the TSB should be pretty easy fix, i'm going to pick some up some time

love the exhaust...going to crawford Z to put on some crawford cats and get the tips extended a little bit...

do you know if they can do simple tunes at crawford? right now i have mrev2, 5/16th spacer, nismo exhaust, crawford headers, and z-tube, i bet i would benefit from a simple tune with my greddy e-manage
Old 10-31-2007, 04:17 PM
genegoesfast

you would definately benefit from a tune...I doubt crawford would do a tune. They dont have a dyno to work with so tuning would be somewhat a shot in the dark. I think we're talking about different pieces pf plastic. The plastic I'm talking about is behind the gauge cluster. You have to reach your hand around the back of the cluster to feel the one I'm talking about.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 PM
vandyG

Originally Posted by genegoesfast
you would definately benefit from a tune...I doubt crawford would do a tune. They dont have a dyno to work with so tuning would be somewhat a shot in the dark. I think we're talking about different pieces pf plastic. The plastic I'm talking about is behind the gauge cluster. You have to reach your hand around the back of the cluster to feel the one I'm talking about.
I'm not sure about the 350z, but on the G, the entire instrument cluster/steering wheel is adjustable. Where the instrument cluster/steering wheel unit moves near the contact with the dash (on all sides) is where mine comes from. I can reach my hand behind the cluster in between the dash and jam it into the crevice to stop the rattling. Either way, I think just isolating the rattling plastic pieces with rubber tape should do the trick.