Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350z aero parts: Keycompositegroup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Group buy is now up....sick deals guys !

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exterior/314968-mastergrade-350z-coupe-roadster-carbon-fiber-group-buy.html
Old 11-15-2007, 02:37 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Jim, the thongs weren't listed as part of the group buy...waz up with that?
Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by gringott
Jim, the thongs weren't listed as part of the group buy...waz up with that?

they were all damaged in shipping
Old 11-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

I guess this is a good place to announce that Mastergrade Inc is changing their name to "Feather Weight Productions".
Old 11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^WTF? Huh?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by istan
^WTF? Huh?
basically, Boomer is sick of the bad rap that the old owner has left him and has decided before they really go "public", he would want a fresh start.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
iStan
ZR

So I'm now a Feather Weight Production car, eh oh well. I spoke to him yesterday and he didn't mention anything
Old 11-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by istan
So I'm now a Feather Weight Production car, eh oh well. I spoke to him yesterday and he didn't mention anything
Ask him about it if you stop by this weekend. It's something he was keeping under the table. The name change is to take place next week.

I think they were taking alot of slack from the S2000 guys.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:55 PM
SpoilsofWar

Well here is the latest with my paypal dispute with Key Composites:

We have been trading messages over paypal. They have agreed to refund my purchase, BUT want me to ship the hatch back to them at my expense. Considering that they sold me a mislabled item, I dont think thats fair. I just sent them a message saying that if they want the item back they will have to cover shipping costs back to them. If they refuse then I am going to elevate the dispute to a claim and just let paypal decide. Am I being unreasonable?

If they refund my money I'll use it to get in on Jim's group buy for an authentic hatch. If paypal decides against me I will just keep it since the hatch is actually very nice, and I am mainly just pissed out of principle.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 PM
iStan
ZR

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
Ask him about it if you stop by this weekend.
I can't make it this weekend. I have to be back Saturday night to do something. I know the S2Ks were not happy with the previous Mastergrade and I really don't think there is any resolution for them. A new name/company may be in their best interest. FWP FTW!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:05 AM
TayTaythatsme04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they cant come up with a better name? That sounds like a boxing club

T
Old 11-16-2007, 06:56 AM
SpoilsofWar

What an identity crisis. Mastergrade, vacuum productions, featherweight productions. Who knows whats real and what isnt anymore.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
What an identity crisis. Mastergrade, vacuum productions, featherweight productions. Who knows whats real and what isnt anymore.
Vacuum production was just an employee from Mastergrade aka Featherweight productions. There will be no more Mastergrade.

I know its confusing. Thats why I am here to answer any of your questions.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:33 AM
joeysr20det

DON'T BUY FROM KEY COMPOSITES GROUP. I BOUGHT A SET OF THEIR CARBON FIBER FENDERS AND THEY LOOK LIKE THEY WERE MADE BY A 3 YEAR OLD; THEY'RE WARPED, CRACKED, THE WEAVE LOOKS LIKE CRAPS AND STOPS SHOWS THE FIBER GLASS ALL AROUND THE EDGES, THE MOUNTING TABS ARE 10X THICKER THAN THE FACTORY AND DON'T COME CLOSE TO LINING UP TO THE FACTORY SPOTS.

THEY'VE REFUSE TO GIVE ME A REFUND AND I'VE HAVE TO GO AND DISPUTE THE CHARGE WITH VISA. IF YOU BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE AND END UP DISAPPOINTED (YOU WILL BE TRUST ME ) !!!!!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !!!!! I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS MERCHANT HAS BEEN BANNED FROM OUR FORUM. ALSO THEY GO BY THE NAME CHASER AERODYNAMICS ALSO.

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF THEIR CRAP PARTS. SORRY MY CELL PHONE IS ANCIENT AND THE PICS AREN'T GREAT, BUT YOU'LL GET THE IDEA. IF ANYTHING IT WILL MAKE THEM LOOK BETTER BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE THEM AS WELL LOL

Old 01-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

that is a talented 3 year old
Old 01-07-2010, 09:57 AM
robbinsj

God I wish I could of done that at 3 yrs of age. Yea KCG is definently not Seibon but you get what you pay for. You pay for hand laid and thats what you got. I paid for hand layed and that what I got.The fitment on my hatch though was the best you can get for an Asuka replica. I would buy from them again but only some things that do not require structural integrety. The hatch I bought cracked on the hatch shocks mountings when we tried to close it so I roll without hatch shocks.

Also KCG does not do well on damage claims. UPS fright dmged the rear of the hatch. I contacted KCG and they where pose to file a claim.

Waited a couple weeks and then contacted UPS freight directly to find out that KCG never advised UPS of any damage and they only had my call on record. Did not even ask KCG why as when I originally spoke to him he advised that he did not know what will happen and that is why he has a shipping dept.

To say the least I gave up and installed my hatch. Never herd a word from UPS regardig a claim nor anything from KCG. Only help I got from KCG was this "use clear nail polish on the crack then wet sand it with 2000 grit". Nice to pay for new and then get advise on how to make it close.

Last edited by robbinsj; 01-07-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:37 AM
joeysr20det

I know you get what you pay for but besides SEIBON fenders and KCG what choices do we have for fenders in carbon fiber? I never really wanted to buy from them in the first place, but it was a last resort kind of thing. I've already tried a couple pairs of SEIBON fenders and not had good luck with fitment/quality, but now after seeing KCG's fenders I have to say SEIBON makes WAY NICER fenders than KCG. I knew better than to buy from KCG..

I wish AIT Racing had their fenders out. I bought a set of their carbon fiber doors, and they are awesome. Fitment is completely perfect. They are an exact replica of the factory door. I contacted them and asked about fenders, but they said it will probably be summer before they have some. I'm just gonna wait for theirs.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:37 PM
robbinsj

Carbon Creations makes good fenders
Old 01-07-2010, 01:42 PM
robbinsj

Oh and you dont even need that large tab on the top. Cut both sides off on mine and used a black silicon there and it works perfectly.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
joeysr20det

Do you know where you can get carbon creations fenders? I originally was going to buys theirs but everywhere said they were back ordered. Are they still making them?

Quick Reply: 350z aero parts: Keycompositegroup?