Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*NEW - Mines Dry Carbon Release

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 02:29 PM
350zWarz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BPAuto
Functional... is functional. That's all I was trying to say..
ok, well thanks for the pics anyway then, i'm sure i could make my own from cf for alot less

Last edited by 350zWarz; 12-22-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Zexy

Ridiculous. Bulletproof... I wonder if you guys have conducted some sort of research to see if demand for a product like this would actually happen in the states. So far it seems like the odds are against your favor/profits!!

Do people in Japan actually buy that for the price? People in the states who buy $1000+ accessories for their cars are Mercedes or high end luxury car owners. Not Nissan 350z owners... DOH

Last edited by Zexy; 12-22-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:47 PM
ttuberz
Banned

Let me order 2 sets right away before they stop selling these.

NOT!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

and they wonder why the replica market is so strong.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:08 AM
BPAuto
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

I apologize for taking the time to introduce new JDM goods to all of you. I never thought there would be such a negative reaction to us directly for simply introducing these products. I will think twice before posting next time.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:20 PM
MaRbLe

I wouldnt get upset, there are plenty of parts you offer that people buy. Hell I have spent a good amount of cash with you in the past...
Old 12-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

I apologize for taking the time to introduce new JDM goods to all of you. I never thought there would be such a negative reaction to us directly for simply introducing these products. I will think twice before posting next time.
Dont get upset man..Its just the 350Z market is not that huge for Mine's goods,due to their high retail pricing.
I personally would never spent the $$$$ for any of their products, as there are cheaper and more worthy alternatives,however there are a few JDM guru's that would just have to have some of those items..
Old 12-24-2007, 12:44 PM
n1sm0r

I agree the price is really high, but you have to understand it's made by Mines, rather than Megan Racing. They've actually put research into designing everything they put their name on, only to have some other shitty company make a mold, and sell replicas. Sure one can argue they are the same, but replicas will eventually lead to a decrease in quality. Who the hell wants to dump tons of money into R&D only to have it copied, and sold for less?
Old 12-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by n1sm0r
I agree the price is really high, but you have to understand it's made by Mines, rather than Megan Racing. They've actually put research into designing everything they put their name on, only to have some other shitty company make a mold, and sell replicas. Sure one can argue they are the same, but replicas will eventually lead to a decrease in quality. Who the hell wants to dump tons of money into R&D only to have it copied, and sold for less?
I would be interested to see some independant wind tunnel testing on their products to verify it make a signifigant difference in drag and wind resistance.
Or for that matter, any of their testing data,before making such a claim.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:06 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

IMO those prices are just insulting, JDM or not.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:57 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n1sm0r
R&D for a set of air intakes? LOL... Its the same thing as a product that has existed for 4 years now, mirrored, made in dry CF, and marked up 500%.

And yes, I'm sure Mines put a test car equipped with their door handle surrounds in a wind tunnel and found a lowered coefficient of drag resulted.

Hate on Megan all you want - at least they are smart enough to ask a price for their products that doesnt result in three pages of people laughing at them. Mines can kiss my dry carbon fiber ***.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:25 PM
kramykram

I don't think its that you introduced the products man, its the price tag that was introduced with it. I really don't think any of these people have anything against you. But I agree the price tag is a little hefty.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:20 AM
___DJK___

Originally Posted by Nexx
and they wonder why the replica market is so strong.
+1
Old 12-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Zexy

I don't know how a simple brand name can be a reason for marking up these products SUPER high. What RD really goes into air ducts and door accessories.. Really. Wind tunnel tests for these small accessories? Does mines have the capital to RD with wind tunnel testing for air ducts and door thingamajigs?

There's just no understanding the Mines price on dry carbon accessories. If Mines expect to sell in the states they should at least have a good marketing plan on why there products are worth the price. If/how they are tested. Not a good venture for BLAuto to just come and post pics and a bloated price tag IMO w/ no sales strategy other than the "JDM factor". Just seems kind of silly to most people. Demand isn't high and prices are rocket high..I would think Ben Schaffer would take a more proactive approach on providing a better suited product line for a more value oriented market here in the US. Not on here to question a business practice or call out anybody though!

I don't think people get pissed though. There's no harm in posting for oohs and aahs. Maybe BLAuto just posted this for eye candy and not a sales approach..
Old 12-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Honestly, i really like these air ducts, they flow much better than the other ones i've seen. Would i spend a grand to get them? No way in hell, would i get them if they were cheaper, yes.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Don't take it personal. Everyone is glad you announced these parts, just can't justify the pricing.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Don't take it personal. Everyone is glad you announced these parts, just can't justify the pricing.

Spoken well.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:03 AM
RBlover69

yea the pricing is preety insane...this rivals that of ordering CF garnishes from AC for M3s lmao . Well its good to know there there atleast. lol But yea in this world where people jack wheels with wheel locks 800 on a garnish that can be taken off as fast as you can say ambisol its preety nuts.

But thanks for showing them..they do look insane and it is dry carbon. lol from a buisness stand point i can see def why people choose replicas if this was made using reg CF from a popular sponser even sold at 250 it would sell 20times more.

Alot of people love mines products including myself , i dont like mines pricing but then again what comes out there shop is usualy art.

Nice stuff BP you do get stuff noone else offers and to the person that can offered its more of a service then a disservice really.

Last edited by RBlover69; 12-27-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:17 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z2go
ya they willl looks great tho....
yah if you're name was ray charles or stevie wonder
Old 12-27-2007, 10:52 AM
ttuberz
Banned

Originally Posted by jinsei888
yah if you're name was ray charles or stevie wonder

I'm glad these parts were introduced and there is no criticism to that. I also know you guys didn't make up these prices. Mines did.

Quick Reply: *NEW - Mines Dry Carbon Release