Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where or how do you fiberglass your center console?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 05:42 PM
BuRtOnRiDeRx19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where or how do you fiberglass your center console?

i put my navigation screen in and its 7 inches but still does not fit smooth in the space where the radio was so i thought i would just do it all and fiberglass the whole thing so it fits custom and looks good. so where do you go to do it? can i send it somewhere? or is it easy to do it myself?

thanks
Old 01-21-2008, 05:48 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well, if you haven't done it yourself, it most likely won't come out perfect. you will be spending 70-100 dollars on products alone. I'd say go pay someone to do it properly.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:05 PM
WPPJR30

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I had mine done because I wanted to flush in a custom 9" monitor (I did not do it myself). If you have never done fiberglass work, I would urge you to take it somewhere and have someone with experience do it for you. From what I understand, there are quite a few steps if you want it to come out perfect. Even after it's "done" it will most likely not be done. What I mean by that is: I had mine painted and I'm told that the fiberglass is somewhat porous, so with the changes in temperature and such it "sets in," so to speak, and the smallest imperfections become readily apparent. It's natural for this to happen, so I would just plan on re-painting it a few weeks/months after your first attempt. Mine has been re-painted once...

Good luck with whatever you decide...
Old 01-21-2008, 06:09 PM
BuRtOnRiDeRx19

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
well, if you haven't done it yourself, it most likely won't come out perfect. you will be spending 70-100 dollars on products alone. I'd say go pay someone to do it properly.
thanks thats prob. what i am going to end up doing
Old 01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
BuRtOnRiDeRx19

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I had mine done because I wanted to flush in a custom 9" monitor (I did not do it myself). If you have never done fiberglass work, I would urge you to take it somewhere and have someone with experience do it for you. From what I understand, there are quite a few steps if you want it to come out perfect. Even after it's "done" it will most likely not be done. What I mean by that is: I had mine painted and I'm told that the fiberglass is somewhat porous, so with the changes in temperature and such it "sets in," so to speak, and the smallest imperfections become readily apparent. It's natural for this to happen, so I would just plan on re-painting it a few weeks/months after your first attempt. Mine has been re-painted once...

Good luck with whatever you decide...

Thanks. yours looks great! if i could find somewhere pretty cheap i will get it done. yeah i have the same issue i have about a quarter inch gap on all sides of my screen because i am using the stock bracets and the peice of plastic that clips on to fill in the gap wont fit with the stock. im not using the one that came with it because the screen does not stick out enough