Sponsored by:

Racing Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 09:50 AM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racing Seats

I think I've decided to upgrade my seats in the next month or two. For those of you who currently have racing seats (or had in a previous car) can you tell me from personal experience which you'd recommend or which you'd avoid.
I'm leaning towards the Bride Ergo's or Bride Revs. I want somthing that still has some ability to recline. Any opinions (good or bad) on Bride, Recaro, Sparco would be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:16 PM
failsafe
....for your health

So no one has any experience with any aftermarket seats?
Old 06-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Hencho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing seats

The choise to go with a reclineable one is a great decision, friend of mine put hard plastic ones in his car and took them out after about 2 months of driving. they were cheap ones, but even so, i cant see the hard seats being fun at all to drive in, even with a more pricey seat.

I havent had a chance to sit in the brides, but they look really great in the few pics that ive seen of them here. Think their on a black 350(red seats) posted here , and look really comfy and functionable.

As far as other brands, the only other seats ive sat down in are the sparco torinos, nice and comfy and recline as well. Are also priced pretty good - think near 500ish a pop, which isnt too rough for seats with a good name behind em.

As far as eye apeal, the sparcos are more widely known ( imo ) but i think the brides look a tad nicer, and wont look like everyone elses seats - just havent looked up pricing on the models yet.

On a side note - take a look at the mounting brackets that both companies offer, it makes a big difference if youre doing the install youreself - the ones my friend bought came with cheap brackets and pretty much no instructions besides bolting them to the floor - Took near an hour just planning on the install and deciphering the small picture that was included . But that could also go hand in hand with the price of the seats - which was near 250 a pop.

check around for a local retailer or two in youre area as well - i know theres 2 shops here in central jersey that have a set or 2 in stock to sit in - might be some out there that you can plop into to check out.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:02 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Thanks for the input Hencho- and welcome to the board.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Red6

Ive had a pair of corba sidewinders that were in my last car. They were pretty comfortable the sidebosters keep me planted in my seat.

If your a big guy i think you might want to get something a bit wider. Sparco Torino are made for the skinny guys so are most brides and recaros.

Im tried a lot of seats and Im going the Corba Misano when they come out. They are leather abjustable and fit me snug. The backs are also cool they are full cabonfiber.

Heres a link they come out end of july. http://www.subesports.com/products/?...ra&prodID=204.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:19 AM
importriders

Damn Jason...you trying to copy me man!!! I'm looking into getting seats too cause my freaking stock carbon seats are already looking worn. I'm looking at the Sparco Torino's in black/grey. Don't really know much about them just that they are priced in my range.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:28 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BRIDE
Old 06-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Talking The blue Z with the Sparco looks pretty nice!!

Don't know what model that are though! I think the car belongs to someone on this board!!

http://www.carandmodel.com/gallery/i...1-cars?&page=8
Old 06-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

what? no air-pump activated Ejector Seats?

WEAK SAUCE!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:50 AM
Aly D.

From experience,

any Japanese seat will be small.
If you are not a petite size, you will not fit.

If you are looking for reclinable seats, I can personally recommend the Recaro SRD's. However, be warned that the quality of the fabric reflects the seat price. The fabric WILL fade. However for comfort, and bang for the buck you can't go wrong.

I'm picking up my track package soon and plan on installing Sparco Milanos. Expensive yes, but quality is impecable.

With regards to shells; I've had experience with the Sparco EVO line. They come in a larger size for bigger guys as well. They are very comfortable as Sparco provides extra padding. They are relatively light, and very affordable.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:21 AM
failsafe
....for your health

The Bride Ergo's and Rev's are not so tight fitting as the other seat I've seen. Plus you can recline them. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:22 AM
nwind21

Oh... if you think you'll be saving weight with new seats (adjustables)... you probably won't. That was my main factor on not upgrading to racing seats. Just lettin' ya know... cause after you buy the mounting rails + seat and stuff... it's gonna be just as heavy.

But sport seats are nice in support, looks, and they have the proper holes for a harness.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:04 AM
BigBadBlackTrack

i have the bride brix the highest bolstered seats you can get from bride. they feel amazing and they hug you real tight. youre definitely not going anywhere.

i think more than anything they are for show coz the seats are not forgiving what so ever. with a stiff suspension your body will be bouncing up and down like a basket ball. did i mention - dont even attempt to take long drives with brides brix coz you cant stretch and its such a pain!
Attached Thumbnails Racing Seats-dsc00640.jpg  
Old 06-30-2003, 03:47 AM
turbo03

I have a set of Bride Ergo's. I like them aalot. I had sparco Turino's in my last car. Both are great seats, but it all deppends on how much money you want to spend and where you are going with the car. I'm going all JDM so i have Bride seats. I think Z-1 Performance had a package deal of $1300 shipped for turino's will brackets and everything.

thanks,
Greg
Old 07-03-2003, 03:34 AM
Veritech

as nwind21 mentioned, it depends what you want to do.

If you want to save weight, the only way to do so is with fiberglass/carbon seats (non reclinable).

I've had OMP Grip seats (13lbs each) in my audi for over a year, and you get used to the non-reclining part. it isn't so bad. was worth saving 120lbs for sure!

as a plus, it keeps the "bigger" girls out of the car

regards,
Liam

Old 07-03-2003, 09:49 AM
SizongZ

What you might want to do is try the seats out before you buy. Remember when we were at Fontana and checking those seats out. Remember that you want the belt holes over your shoulder for the best support and fit.
Oh yeah.... I'll be in the bay area next week... I'll give you a call
Old 07-04-2003, 12:55 AM
wu350Z

i know its kinda OT but i have 2 sparco roadster seats for sell, if anyone is interested please PM me. thanks