Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veilside Mirror Install...Help...Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 12:11 PM
STRETCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Veilside Mirror Install...Help...Please!!!

I have Veilside Mirrors painted and ready to install on my 350z and they don't fit on the mirror bracket. The shape looks similar under the USDM mirror but the slot on the Veilside Mirror is smaller. It s hard to explain. Anyone who has installed these..Please help. How do I install them where the old mirrors go or do I have to fabricate a new arm??
Old 06-28-2003, 10:57 AM
micky

Default I have veilside mirrors too, but

I did not install mine because it's too smalll to see anything. When i tried to put them on for first time, I think it was just bolt on factory. isn't it?
Old 06-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Nocturnal

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have it on, not sure about how it goes on though. Micky could be right, it looks like it could of go on the factory mounting bracket...but I am not sure.

By the way, did you buy the power mirror? The one I got are power, but then they couldn't get it to work with the factory power mirror motor, so you basically have to adjust it by hand. And because it is designed to be a power mirror, it wouldn't adjust manually...so you really have to push it hard if you want to get it to move.

By the way, my mirror was installed by Veilside, in Japan!

And yes, basically you cannot see outside with those mirror. But who needs to see what is in the rear anyways...Just be faster then everyone else.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:55 PM
STRETCH

Default Unpowered Veilside Mirrors

It doesn't seem as thought the brackets fit together. Anyone in the California area install them?
Old 06-28-2003, 09:40 PM
SharpST77

Originally posted by Nocturnal
I have it on, not sure about how it goes on though. Micky could be right, it looks like it could of go on the factory mounting bracket...but I am not sure.

By the way, did you buy the power mirror? The one I got are power, but then they couldn't get it to work with the factory power mirror motor, so you basically have to adjust it by hand. And because it is designed to be a power mirror, it wouldn't adjust manually...so you really have to push it hard if you want to get it to move.

By the way, my mirror was installed by Veilside, in Japan!

And yes, basically you cannot see outside with those mirror. But who needs to see what is in the rear anyways...Just be faster then everyone else.
holy crap.. OT but you live in Macau!?!?!? i'm from Macau also!!!
Old 06-29-2003, 04:32 AM
reen

Thumbs down Veilside?

hmmmmmm....

Power mirrors with no power that you can't see out of anyway, but it doesn't matter because they don't fit in the first place.

Another great mod that decreases safety and performance in the name of looks.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:58 AM
RedComet

pretty stupid if you ask me... I love my stock mirrors.. I wish that the thing that the mirror is mounted on, I guess you could call it right behind the A pillar, The black part.. I wish that had some clear coat or something on it to give it some shine like the B pillar, its the only really dull thing on the car.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:39 AM
Nocturnal

Well, Yes, I am in Macau right now. The car is almost done, I guess I will post some pics up once I get it all done and completed. It turn out great, and I am happy everytime I look at it, let along drive it.

As for the mirror, yes, I have to say it is one of the worse part designed by Veilside. 350Z have to be imported in Macau. So basically what happen with this car is that the car was purchased and pick up in Japan, driven to veilside, let them do their things, then send out to Macau by boat. (All was done and paid by the dealer, which also charge for the services)

I actually had my dealer go back and rant at them at Veilside, and the only thing they can say is "Yea, yea, yea, sorry, sorry, sorry, yea, yea, alot of this are prototype for this car, yea, yea yea, sorry, sorry, sorry." But they offer NO SOLUTION.

How the hell do you sell a power mirror with no power...why did you designe it in the first place?

As for the mirror that can't see out the rear...I guess that is okay to be used in Macau. Most of the street is 1 way, you don't really get out of the 50mph mark often, mostly city street...and so on...so you don't really use the side mirror all the often anyways.

Is it a waste of a 350Z performance, YES it is. But then I guess I could of bought a Echo, and that would of done just fine, but then where is the fun. The fastest transportation in Macau is a 50cc-100cc scooter, not a car.

Well, good luck, I don't know if anyone had install the mirror yet. I thought one of the 350Z of the month 350Zkiller I think (the one with the version 1 body kit with the version 2 rear spoiler) also have the veilside mirror installed.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:59 PM
micky

Default Sorry to ask, but

Where is "Macau"?
Old 06-29-2003, 03:00 PM
SharpST77

Default Re: Sorry to ask, but

Originally posted by micky
Where is "Macau"?
island next to Hong Kong... ahh..Macau...my homeland

hey nocturnal...where do you live in Macau??

i live at my grandmothers place, they live around the "goddess statue" area...haha...even though there isnt much to do in Macau..i love it... you must go to Yaohan a lot..
Old 06-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Nocturnal

Yea, Macau is a very very small place. Just the city of LAX will be bigger then Macau area wise...and I will even throw in the 2 island that is attached to Macau...it is SMALL.

As for recent fame, it is the only place in the South Eastern Area that isn't affacted by SARS. Hong Kong got hit bad, China got hit bad, but Macau stay clean and it is right in the middle of them.

Nope, nothing to do in Macau at all...the only thing I get to do that I enjoy is drive around, and maybe eat. There are a couple Z here, but most of them wouldn't know the difference if you swap it out for a Civic, except it got extra rear seat. No one changed rim as of now (I am the only Z with different rims on the car).

I don't live around the "Godess statue", the gold one right? but have to pass by there like 10x everyday (I am serious, thats how small macau is)

And one last thing, just not to hi-jack the tread, and not to **** off the mod Go ahead and PM me if you want to Sharp.

Oh, final note. If you live in any area that will require to actually use the side mirror, I really wouldn't recommand this Veilside mirror at all. If yours is a show car, and not a daily driver, then it is okay. But if you drive it daily...your life is worth more then the extra style.