Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door panel question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Advent7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door panel question.

I was tired when i posted this and I posted it in the media share section....sigh. But here's what i wrote:

Originally Posted by Advent7
I talked to Kwame about how he redid his door panels on his Z. I had mine done recently and wasn't happy so I did a little more research. I want to make sure that i'm on the right path and that the old door panel skin was completely removed before the new ones were put on(this is what kwame has told me).

I just want to make sure with a few more members as to see if anyone had theirs done with the old skin on....which I personally don't think will work because your not getting a perfectly smooth contact patch even with good amounts of adhesive.

The door panel around my speaker areas pinch up and the fit and finish wasn't that great. The stitching on the other hand was very nice. I know synth19 and a Kwame has had theirs done. If any of you can chime in I would greatly appreciate it.

The guy is willing to redo my panels but I'm trying to help him out by making sure that I don't have to make him redo it again and again. I'm using a soft vinyl which stretches a bit and he told me that some areas where the vinyl is lifted will fit into place after being in the sun but I can't believe this because there are sections where it's bubbled up even after it's dried.