my car, version3.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:37 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sentry65
first molding hood from japan - you're one of the few

here's mine
awesome man! i knew i couldn't be the only one doggonit!
Old 03-23-2008, 04:35 AM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by Changvi
LOL......... It seemed kind of silly to display our cars if we don't agree with what you have done.

not sure i understand what you have said here. i honestly am not trying to be an a-hole, but your opinion of "getting it" or not or "what you would do" isn't really going to change it. take what you dislike about my car, do the opposite on yours, DO ALL THE WORK YOURSELF and post up a few pics is all. i personally do not know of another shop in the world (except foose) where all this work can happen at this level by one person.
not trying to bicker, but spend hundreds of hours (not to mention a few bucks) under your hood/doors/fenders/intake/trunk/ yadda yadda and tell me how much my opinion about your car matters.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice show car
Old 03-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by overZealous1
not sure i understand what you have said here. i honestly am not trying to be an a-hole, but your opinion of "getting it" or not or "what you would do" isn't really going to change it. take what you dislike about my car, do the opposite on yours, DO ALL THE WORK YOURSELF and post up a few pics is all. i personally do not know of another shop in the world (except foose) where all this work can happen at this level by one person.
not trying to bicker, but spend hundreds of hours (not to mention a few bucks) under your hood/doors/fenders/intake/trunk/ yadda yadda and tell me how much my opinion about your car matters.
Did you just compare yourself to Chip Foose?

Just kidding man, car looks good. I'm not sure about the flames, but I'm sure they look alot better in person then trying to capture it on camera. Keep up the hard work !
Old 03-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

The only thing i dont like is the lips painted black.. I feel you shoulda left them polished bro..

Good job finally getting it all done...
Old 03-23-2008, 06:18 AM
n350zismo

Pretty sweet man!!
Old 03-23-2008, 06:56 AM
350zHalleck

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The black lips are SICK. you have done an amazing job man.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:27 AM
iMikie

Originally Posted by overZealous1
lol. I'm sure there are some pretty talented people out there. I think your Z looks pretty clean for doing a flame job on it. I don't like the cutouts at all on the bumper, but I think it would be much cleaner if you debadged the nissan emblem and made that center hole straight. At this point, it doesn't look like a nissan at all. Trick it out to the max. Nice wheels.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:57 AM
overZealous1

thanks for the compliments. i'm sure there is alot of little things that everyone would do a little different, but it gets a ton of attention and so far has been quite an attraction at car shows and meets. the pics only gives about 50% of the impact the car makes in person.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:22 AM
enth05

Car is SICK. Wheels esp. caught my attention and the front bumper. One thing I thought was kind of bland compared to the rest of the car was the engine bay. A couple bucks and your bay would look a lot nicer IMO (not raggin just thought I would give a bit of constructive criticism).

I apologize for the horrible grammar. Im out of it after writing so many damn mid-term papers.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:45 AM
blackz123

wut kind of wheels are those??
Old 03-23-2008, 02:23 PM
overZealous1

Work rezax 2's in 20x9 and 20x11 +25 all around with 245/30 and 305/25 neo gens
Old 03-23-2008, 02:59 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

don't like the new paint job, but the car looks sick otherwise
Old 03-23-2008, 03:54 PM
RED RIDER

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

over...your car is absolutely SICK! Wheels , paint, flames etc etc I love it!
I alrady have the motor, twinzz, wheels etc..just still deciding what will take my car from sick to ALMOST over the top..I truely like having something that is one-off and your car is definately that!!!
Nice Job..I wouldnt give a rats about the 20 something crowds opinion either!

Last edited by RED RIDER; 03-23-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:06 PM
overZealous1

^^looks good man!! reminds me i still need to upgrade my brakes, lol. i had a cop stop next to my car, parked getting gas, last night and thought i was gunna get a ticket for something. he got out walked around the car, came into the store and asked whose car it was, and told me it was the best set of flames he had ever seen! little bit of relief on that one and felt like i had a get out of jail free card to speed a little in his town, lol.
pics just do not do justice as in real person, especially at night under flouresents, the harlequin and pearls jump out!!

thanks for the compliments!
Old 03-23-2008, 04:08 PM
msukach

I like that you carry the theme of the car's exterior into the engine bay...now I'm curious what the interior design and color scheme looks like.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:12 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by enth05
Car is SICK. Wheels esp. caught my attention and the front bumper. One thing I thought was kind of bland compared to the rest of the car was the engine bay. A couple bucks and your bay would look a lot nicer IMO (not raggin just thought I would give a bit of constructive criticism).

I apologize for the horrible grammar. Im out of it after writing so many damn mid-term papers.
ya, i hear ya. i did build the car to drive and go on trips though, so the simple satin black in the engine bay and just a little bling to stand out was really the direction for a car that will be taking 2000+ mile trips. even the smallest oil leaks, coolant leaks, heat and so on makes a full show engine bay really time consumming to keep perfect on a car that gets used and abused. now, i just simply hose it down and wipe of the shiny parts, lol.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:17 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by msukach
I like that you carry the theme of the car's exterior into the engine bay...now I'm curious what the interior design and color scheme looks like.
it won't be too crazy. i still like the stock seats (leather, heated, airbags) better than i think aftermarket ones would do for me. stereo i am going for as hidden of an install as possible considering the pile of audio equipment i am trying to stuff in it. really need to add a roll bar though and may cover the door panels, dash and other parts with suede. will all stay black though incase i decide to change exterior colors again down the road.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:21 PM
j.arnaldo
Banned

I keep seeing neg' reactions to other guys' tastes, regarding their machines. As long as there are human beings on this Earth, there'll be different likings
for each of us, guys. To each of you: Knock yourselves out on your wheels!

Old--& wise--man from Puerto Rico.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:36 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by j.arnaldo
I keep seeing neg' reactions to other guys' tastes, regarding their machines. As long as there are human beings on this Earth, there'll be different likings
for each of us, guys. To each of you: Knock yourselves out on your wheels!

Old--& wise--man from Puerto Rico.

amen brotha!

Quick Reply: my car, version3.0