Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanna know whats under your warning sticker on visor look!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 09:01 PM
KONVERTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

atfirst i thought you flipped the picture because your wheel is on the right side...

why not just get those CD Visor cases put them over the stickers if they anoy you that much....
Old 08-20-2003, 09:11 AM
cincyspider

As an alternative....get some body paint and match that sticker to your exterior! :P
Old 08-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Beaker02

Originally posted by ickyrex
I simply switched the visors. Stickers are no longer visible. Easy, fast and free. I did it the day I took delivery of the car. Just pull the visors out, switch and bend the edges the other way. I haven't even thought about the stickers for a year.
What about the mirrors? Or are those only on the touring?
Old 08-21-2003, 05:22 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Visor CD Case

A word of warning on Visor CD Cases

Way back when, I was in an accident. On my visor was a cassette holder with some cassettes in it. (Back then that is what we had before CDs!)

I was wearing my seatbelt but still managed to hit my head/face on the visor. The plastic of the cassettes and the holder itself nearly cut my nose off. Ut cut my nose so deep you could see the cartilidge (sp?).

If that crap wasn't there (cassettes and holder) I would not have damaged my nose so bad. The rest of the visor (the stock factory parts) collapsed nicely with no sharp edges.

The Z visor is pretty close to your head because of the deeply sloped windshield. I recommend not putting thin/sharp items on the visor.

Just my $.02.

My nose healed fine, but I had a bunch of stitches and it definetely stung a bit. Ouch.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:19 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by Beaker02
What about the mirrors? Or are those only on the touring?
My Performance has visor mirrors.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Beaker02

Default Re: Visor CD Case

Originally posted by AndyB

Way back when, I was in an accident. On my visor was a cassette holder with some cassettes in it. (Back then that is what we had before CDs!)

I was wearing my seatbelt but still managed to hit my head/face on the visor. The plastic of the cassettes and the holder itself nearly cut my nose off. Ut cut my nose so deep you could see the cartilidge (sp?).

If that crap wasn't there (cassettes and holder) I would not have damaged my nose so bad. The rest of the visor (the stock factory parts) collapsed nicely with no sharp edges.

The Z visor is pretty close to your head because of the deeply sloped windshield. I recommend not putting thin/sharp items on the visor.

Thanks for the words of hard earned wisdom. Ouch!

Just my $.02.

My nose healed fine, but I had a bunch of stitches and it definetely stung a bit. Ouch.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Beaker02

Default Re: Re: Visor CD Case

Originally posted by Beaker02

Wow. Why did the last post put my reply in the quote? Weird.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Beaker02

Anyway i'll repost the reply so it makes sence;

"Thanks for the words of hard earned wisdom. Ouch!"
Old 08-22-2003, 01:40 AM
joust75

I notice EVERYTHING about my car, from every little (but hated) bird dropping to each minute (appaling rock chip in my front bumper. I have spent 1300$ on my stereo and 700 on a Borla dual exhaust that was changed out after I rushed to by the single. Yet I never (not once until this thread) noticed these stupid stickers. I actually had to go downstairs into the garage to see if they were there!.

I just dont see these stickers as an important issue that money needs to be spent on. Not when I have to buy rims then a lip then a turbo charger ect ect ect ect ect ect ect...............

Its funny what an obsessed group we are. I dont get the reasoning behind spending money to reupholster the visors But I'm sure people would think me wierd always having to look back at my Z when I park it, always turning off the VDC, being through a set of tires after 9000 miles never having once autoctrossed the car.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Kyle

I just switched my drivers and passangers side visors. This puts the sticker face-up, so you can't see it when the visor is up. They don't fit exactly right but it looks fine.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:11 PM
rvflyer

I have an s2000 (also) and we had a group buy a couple years ago on S2ki.com... Some capitalist guy there made some stickers that are the same size as the visor stickers. He made them charcoal in color to exactly match the vinyl, and then put an S2000 logo in the middle. It was a big hit, everybody bought a set, and he made some cash.

Now I know that the Z visors are cloth, but I agree the factory stickers are incredibly ugly. Looking at my S2000 stickers makes me think that a similar scheme would work very good here. A gray sticker with a Z logo, or Nissan 350Z, (have choices, not big, but tasteful) would work good, and be more tollerable than the bright yellow writing.

Worried about legalities when you sell it (which I think is stupid), then just peel the new stickers off.

Any entrepeneurs out there?
Old 09-15-2003, 08:49 AM
JPizzle

rvflyer has a good idea, and I was thinking of something similar while reading the thread, anyways, where are the pictures, I kind of would like to see your reupholstered mirrors.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:09 PM
bixby

Just took my car in for it's 1st service Saturday. They are ordering me 2 new visor's (flaw in material). I wonder if they'll have the labels? My guess is yes but I can always hope.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:14 PM
bixby

Default Re: Visor CD Case

Originally posted by AndyB

Way back when, I was in an accident. On my visor was a cassette holder with some cassettes in it. (Back then that is what we had before CDs!
What's a "cassette"?

Just kidding. Try one of those holders for 8 track!