Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Rattling

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 08:39 PM
harrjar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Rattling

So I'm the kind of guy that get's tired of rattles and wierd noises real quick when driving my car any real distance. I was headed from Vegas to LA the other day and I was hearing this crazy rattling noise. At first I thought it was comming from the cup holder...nope, dash panels...nope, nav door.....nope, center console.....DAMN IT NO.....headliner!!!!???? NOOOO.

It was the Homelink buttons on the damn rearview mirror vibrating like crazy...it's so loud I can't stand it. I'm about ready to rip the POS off and go without...hell it doesn't do much anyway.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomena? How incredibly stupid! Is there something I can do? My stereo isn't done yet so I can't drowned out the sound at this point....

Can't live with it, it makes the car sound like a POS falling apart every time I hit a bump.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:36 AM
mdacko

im having an obnoxious rattling problem over on the passenger side, i just noticed because it was one of the only times I didnt have my music blaring. It sounds like there is something in that little cubby hole in the pass. door rolling around, but there is nothing in there. Gotta take it to the dealer and see if they can figure it out. I HATE rattling noises!
Old 07-12-2003, 12:26 PM
RDLNE350Z

Alot of people have had a rattling noise comming from the driver side door. There are other posts within the forum.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:42 PM
whosdady

Default I have it too

I can't stand the the rattling from my door. It actually rattles to the beat of the music. I have taken it in twice and they tell me there is nothing they can do. I think its time to try a new dealership.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Machupo

Default Re: Interior Rattling

just found exactly what you're talking about... a high-freq. buzzing is what it sounds like in my car... only goes away if i grab the rear-view mirror... i'm about to go nuts, haha

haven't figured out a fix or a different rear-view, so i guess i'll just live with it for now (not annoyed enough to wrap the damn thing in duct tape quite yet)

if anyone else finds a specific source / fix, lemme know

thanks in advance

Originally posted by harrjar
So I'm the kind of guy that get's tired of rattles and wierd noises real quick when driving my car any real distance. I was headed from Vegas to LA the other day and I was hearing this crazy rattling noise. At first I thought it was comming from the cup holder...nope, dash panels...nope, nav door.....nope, center console.....DAMN IT NO.....headliner!!!!???? NOOOO.

It was the Homelink buttons on the damn rearview mirror vibrating like crazy...it's so loud I can't stand it. I'm about ready to rip the POS off and go without...hell it doesn't do much anyway.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomena? How incredibly stupid! Is there something I can do? My stereo isn't done yet so I can't drowned out the sound at this point....

Can't live with it, it makes the car sound like a POS falling apart every time I hit a bump.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:13 AM
maxipad96

Rattles rattles rattles.. get used to it. My car has the following rattles

Rear view mirror.
Left and Right Security light rattles.
Center console behind the door rattle.
Drivers Door Rattle.
Rear Strut Brace Rattle.
And seat squeek.

I swear my car sounds like its about to fall apart.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:34 PM
spdu4ia

i've got the strut bar rattle too... gonna try and fix it this weekend
Old 11-12-2004, 04:37 PM
aron

Wake up everybody! We have beautiful but cheap cars made of plastic......this is part of the deal....it sucks.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:38 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

There is a TSB on the mirror rattle. Check the section on this website for that TSB, print the TSB out, take it to your dealer and have them fix it. I did and the rattle is gone.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:11 PM
C5DEMON

My dash rattled all of the time. It is one of biggest pet peeves. I could stop the rattle by mashing down on the dash where it meets the window. So I went to home depot and picked up 4 black rubber washers. Put two on top of each other, folded in half, and crammed them inbetween the dash and windshield. Completely out of site, AND NO MORE RATTLE!

Not the most sophisticated answer that people are looking for, but guess what.... my dash doesn't rattle!
Old 11-15-2004, 06:29 AM
Bertg

I had a buzzing sound coming from the driver side sun visor panel. My dealer ordered a new one for me. Hopefully that will take care of the buzzing sound.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:01 PM
DLin05

for those with rattling on passenger side...check and see if it's not the passenger seat belt not in its holder, mine always makes a noise because of that.