Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seibon VT style hood and rain???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:21 PM
COJ_General

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seibon VT style hood and rain???

Hey,

I did a little searching and didn't find anything on it. Just wondering whether anyone has had any problems with too much water getting into the engine bay because of their hood? I've noticed that my pulleys always squeal for a bit when I start up the car after it has rained. At this point it gets me to wonder whether the intake filter is getting wet. As well, I plan on going with a Vortech SC and I know it sits in the general area where my pop-charger is sitting and im sure it wouldn't be too good to get a good amount of water on the blower! Anyway, has anyone encountered this problem with the hood or ever hear about it?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Agentman03

Default Hood openings !

Finnally Got Caught in a Rain Storm Last Weekend & was Wondering the Same thing ? Car Ran ok , Even with the Engine Heat was still Wondering if the PopCharger Filter is Sucking any Water Ect. Dont really Drive that much in the Rain ,but thinking of making some type of covers for a heavy Rain was suppose to come with some type of rain gutters from " Wings "but didn't, and have yet to see a z with any
Attached Thumbnails Seibon VT style hood and rain???-p1010143.jpg  
Old 07-14-2008, 07:52 PM
myehrick09

I put black duck tape to cover mine up on the intake side. better safe than sorry.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:04 PM
racerfreakxxx

as long as you are moving you don't have to worry about the rain or snow... but it's just when sitting at a stop light or sign. I used to have a ts style hood and never had any problems... what little water did get in would evap as long as i put on a car cover when i was parked in the rain
Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
COJ_General

Originally Posted by Agentman03
Finnally Got Caught in a Rain Storm Last Weekend & was Wondering the Same thing ? Car Ran ok , Even with the Engine Heat was still Wondering if the PopCharger Filter is Sucking any Water Ect. Dont really Drive that much in the Rain ,but thinking of making some type of covers for a heavy Rain was suppose to come with some type of rain gutters from " Wings "but didn't, and have yet to see a z with any

I was thinking about doing something similar. Down in Miami, the rainy season started and being that my car is a daily driver, I get stuck in the rain all the time.

If anyone comes up with ideas, let us know. For now I might also resort to the black tape.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
davidf

FWIW I had the hood with a popcahrger and it sat out one night while it rained. The next day I cranked her up and headed out. Within the 1st 1/4 mile the car started bucking violently and went into limp mode. Took her right back home and man I could'nt believe all the water inside the popcharger filter. Scared the daylights out of me. All I could think was a bent rod. I wound up installing an 06 airbox and K&N. No more water. Good luck.