Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nismo Lip Removal???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:37 PM
morrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo Lip Removal???

I have a 05 Z with the NISMO Front Lip. The dealer had installed this for me when I bought the car new, I am going to sell the car and my lip spoiler could use some fresh paint... I am considering removeing the lip to sell the car stock and sell the lip seperatly instaed of getting it re painted. Does anyone know if you can do this or will I have some jacked up lower section on my stock bumper.

The other idea is to trade someone with a Stock Silverstone bumper and they can go through the work of re painting etc.. Let me know if anyone has any experience with this.
Thanks, Ryan
Old 08-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Z CRUZN

If the Nismo lip is a USDM genuine lip & it was installed as per the Nismo instructions that came with it, there's gonna be 6 (if I recall correctly) holes drilled into the front of the stock bumper for mounting (I installed mine). They are VERY obvious if the lip is removed. From memory, I drilled 2-3 holes on each side of the bumper along a line just south of the reflectors. I'd either sell the Z as is or have it painted (as you mentioned). Hope this helps.....
Old 08-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z CRUZN
If the Nismo lip is a USDM genuine lip & it was installed as per the Nismo instructions that came with it, there's gonna be 6 (if I recall correctly) holes drilled into the front of the stock bumper for mounting (I installed mine). They are VERY obvious if the lip is removed. From memory, I drilled 2-3 holes on each side of the bumper along a line just south of the reflectors. I'd either sell the Z as is or have it painted (as you mentioned). Hope this helps.....

you are correct. those holes are not small either nor are they in an abscure place. best bet would be to leave it alone
Old 08-14-2008, 08:47 PM
morrow

Originally Posted by Z04
you are correct. those holes are not small either nor are they in an abscure place. best bet would be to leave it alone
Thanks Guys. I think I will give the new buyer the option to have it repaired or Ill go see what it will cost to paint it over again.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:29 PM
md350

Yeah, if its a genuine Nismo lip you are definitely not going to want to take it off. The lip is held secure in the front by going straight through 6 holes in the front of the OEM bumper, which is extremely obvious and you would never be able to pass it off. I installed my Nismo lip, drilled the holes, and it will never come off unless I have an entire front bumper replacement.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:34 AM
r_seng

Six holes in the front, and four on the lower fender meeting the lining on each side. You need a replacement buddy.