Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with seat decision: RECARO or BRIDE

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 11:35 AM
toykilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any thoughts on the Sparco torino 2 seats? I dont know much about seats so figured i would ask.. i like the way they look and want the grey ones to go with my brickyard...but if they are crap i will steer away from them.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:11 PM
Mr B

Hey John, you like Top Secret, right? All these use is Recaro!
Btw, Recaro is an European company but Recaro Japan have some seats that Europe doesn't get. That's why some people think Recaro is Japanese. Anyway, I still stand by the thought that Recaros are nicer.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:26 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

I forgot to mention... if you dont get reclining seats the passsenger side compartment behind the seat will be almost impossible to get to while sitting on the driver seat.

With such high bolsters on a non adjustable seat be prepared for long drives - lets say a drive from Sac to LA, that will be pain.

Since its your daily driver i might suggest that you get seats that are easier on the back. Although both the ones you chose do look very nice.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Giovanni B

Just installed 2 black (w/grey) Bride Brix seats a few days ago and have to say that they were worth the wait. They are way more supportive than stock and sit a little lower as well. In regards to the comparison with the recaros, i would go with whatever fits you better, being that both are quality seats. I originally was going to get a non-reclinable seats, but then reconsidered being that I drive the car all the time. My only problem is that i have to get a defencer for the airbag sensor to get rid of the annoying blinking light. Has anyone made something to cure the problem?? Anyway, ill try to post pictures ASAP..Good luck with your decision... Giovanni.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

what? No Tenzo R $200 race seats?!

weak sauce john..

heheh

RECARO

.. thats only cuz you told me YOU WANTED THOSE..

.. stop being so wishy washy
Old 08-10-2003, 09:42 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

Originally posted by Giovanni B
Just installed 2 black (w/grey) Bride Brix seats a few days ago and have to say that they were worth the wait. They are way more supportive than stock and sit a little lower as well. In regards to the comparison with the recaros, i would go with whatever fits you better, being that both are quality seats. I originally was going to get a non-reclinable seats, but then reconsidered being that I drive the car all the time. My only problem is that i have to get a defencer for the airbag sensor to get rid of the annoying blinking light. Has anyone made something to cure the problem?? Anyway, ill try to post pictures ASAP..Good luck with your decision... Giovanni.
look for a local airbag expert. all they did was mount a resistor on the wire that originally connected to the airbags sensor and it works perfectly fine. it fools the senson into thinking that my airbags are still present. aside from that by front and roof airbags are still working. be aware that if the SRS lights are blinking and you get into an accident the airbags wont deploy.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:03 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Well, I have to say that I've sat in a lot of seats and we have had brides on our project cars and let me tell you, brides suck on long trips. There not very comfortable, though if you just want them for show then by all means, get them. For daily driving I'd get the Recaro.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:33 PM
john350Z

thanx to all for the replies.

i have made my decision on the recaro spg.

-john
Old 08-13-2003, 08:46 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

congratulations john! SPGS in black?
Old 08-13-2003, 08:55 PM
john350Z

Originally posted by BigBadBlackTrack
congratulations john! SPGS in black?
thanx bigbadblacktrack,

you also helped a lot in making my decision!!!

seats are in stock, but brackets on backorder.

can't wait till the recaro brackets arrive!!!

maybe get them skinned in leather.

we'll see.

-john
Old 08-14-2003, 12:31 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yay! Recaros!
Old 11-04-2004, 01:26 AM
MarquisDeSam

I have a set of Bride Brix II in red for sale with the brackets. Excellent holding ability, plus daily driving comfort. Barely used, and in superb condition. Let me know if anyone's interested. As far as buckets go, BRIDE is the only choice. Recaro material fades too quickly, BRIDE uses brighter fabric dyes.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:39 PM
LanceG33

Brides look spiffier. (it's a technical term).
Old 11-04-2004, 07:35 PM
ZippyCar

I track my car a lot and I had to junk the stock seats. They could not hold me in any more. I choose the Recaro Pole Positions. I put them in the driver and passanger side. They are great for DE days, which I do a lot of. I use a 6 point Schroth ProfiIII harness mounted to a www.350evo.com harness par. (see Pic) This is a totally awsome set up.

Check out this link to my set up:

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/s...threadid=16302

There is a good picture of the seats there.

Last edited by ZippyCar; 11-04-2004 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:01 AM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

LOL, this thread is over a year old and it was brought back to life!
Old 11-07-2004, 01:46 AM
Dragonstyle

Hard decision to make now since both Bride's and Recaro's are getting popular now....but since you got Takatas, you gotta go with the famous Bride combo....JDM is all the way with ur Evo 8.....
Old 11-07-2004, 09:39 AM
mofoz

Originally posted by toykilla
any thoughts on the Sparco torino 2 seats? I dont know much about seats so figured i would ask.. i like the way they look and want the grey ones to go with my brickyard...but if they are crap i will steer away from them.
I have the torino 2s and their amazing. I havent sat in brides, but i have sat in recaros, and i liked the Sparcos more. They are comfy, yet hold you in like no other during the twisties. You cant go wrong with torino 2s, and i think they fit bigger guys.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

"Both are nice...

What kind of track events to you plan on attending to justify the need for such a seat?"

damn can't the guy just get what he wants? do you have to track race to want a seat?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:06 AM
ZippyCar

I do a lot of track days with several car clubs: various Porsche clubs, Speed Seekers, BMW, Lotus, autobahn country club, etc. If you’re going to hit the tracks hard, then you will eventually need a good seat. A racing "shell" seat, designed for a 5 / 6 point harness as well as good body holding power - i.e. how well you stay in the seat and avoid sliding around. These seats are designed for performance, not comfort. Now if one is NOT looking for a high performance experience but wants to put form before function, then there are a lot of options available. But when you really get down to pulling the trigger on a set of seats, it depends on how much money are you prepared to spend for the performance (function) or the eye candy effect (form). You will definitely get what you pay for. Just do your home work before opening up your wallet.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:08 PM
ReavTek

I'm not really sure why you need a fixed back seat unless you are doing some serious tracking. Anyways, does anyone know the poster and can ask him to post pics of his setup?

Quick Reply: help with seat decision: RECARO or BRIDE