Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did anyone order the lambo door kit yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 11:07 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thackattk is doing good with the kit and the Z is his daily driver. so dont be discouraged about the doors.

I have after market seats (Bride Brix) if youve seen them you'll immediately notice the high bolsters on those seat. lemme just say i found out the hard way that high bolstered seats and lambo doors dont mix well. you almost need to be a contortionist to get in the driver side coz of the steering wheel. the passenger side is a bit easier.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:33 AM
350zya

How hard is install??
Old 08-26-2003, 11:33 PM
SirZaLot

Have you tried to open the door "up" when parked in the regular parking space with car beside you? When it's all the way up, is it going to hit the car next to you???
Old 08-27-2003, 05:35 PM
johnsZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pat1usmc
well, it depends on how flexible you are... when I tried the Lambo Diablo, I had to kind of fold up and then lay back and scootch across the sill plate and onto the seat then pull my legs in. easy to smack your head, too. But, I am 6-2 220.
You said you were a bit shorter, so might be a better deal.
One guy said he is 6-2 and did not have any problems (maybe younger and more flexible???)
Old 08-28-2003, 12:01 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by BigBadBlackTrack
thackattk is doing good with the kit and the Z is his daily driver. so dont be discouraged about the doors.

I have after market seats (Bride Brix) if youve seen them you'll immediately notice the high bolsters on those seat. lemme just say i found out the hard way that high bolstered seats and lambo doors dont mix well. you almost need to be a contortionist to get in the driver side coz of the steering wheel. the passenger side is a bit easier.
but when you get in you feel so good (ive been in his car)
Old 08-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by KaiKai
Have you tried to open the door "up" when parked in the regular parking space with car beside you? When it's all the way up, is it going to hit the car next to you???
I was wondering the same thing. If you park near a car, is it hard to get in and out? Does the door swing up, or does it stay where ever you push it? Also, how much weight does it add?
Old 08-28-2003, 06:31 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

Originally posted by johnsZ
pat1usmc
well, it depends on how flexible you are... when I tried the Lambo Diablo, I had to kind of fold up and then lay back and scootch across the sill plate and onto the seat then pull my legs in. easy to smack your head, too. But, I am 6-2 220.
You said you were a bit shorter, so might be a better deal.
One guy said he is 6-2 and did not have any problems (maybe younger and more flexible???)
the install isnt that hard its a straight bolt on and you just need extra hands to lift the doors away from the car.you will need to trim the fenders. nothing a hack saw cant handle. you dont need to open the doors "lambo" style. its just for show. the door still opens normally like stock hinges. enough for you to get in.

VIDEO:
http://www.carexcess.com/videos/lambo.wmv

DETAILED INSTALL COVERAGE:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=31167

Last edited by BigBadBlackTrack; 08-30-2003 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:57 PM
SirZaLot

Originally posted by Reggi914
I was wondering the same thing. If you park near a car, is it hard to get in and out? Does the door swing up, or does it stay where ever you push it? Also, how much weight does it add?

BigBadBlackTrack

I was actually wondering when you open up the door "lambo style" in a regular parking space with car next to you; is the door likely going to hit the car next to you? Is it going to be very close, or the clearance is pretty good?
The reason I ask is because the door doesn't seems just going upward, it also goes outward when in "lambo door" style.
Thx
Old 08-30-2003, 10:07 AM
Sillent Killer

Originally posted by KaiKai
BigBadBlackTrack

I was actually wondering when you open up the door "lambo style" in a regular parking space with car next to you; is the door likely going to hit the car next to you? Is it going to be very close, or the clearance is pretty good?
The reason I ask is because the door doesn't seems just going upward, it also goes outward when in "lambo door" style.
Thx

Have you guys seen the video link of the door in action in the other thread titled something like Car Excess/ Decah Verticle Door conversion. In that you see that the door opens out first like a regular door. I don't know if this is right but I'm pretty sure it opens wide enough for you to get out without raising the doors to lambo style. Then when you want to show off and/or you have space, open the door and then raise it.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:26 PM
KONVERTER

Just how far exactly do the doors open before you can lift it up???

like you know when you open the stock doors.. there is one click in the middle and then all the way...

do they open to that middle point with the kit and then go up?
Old 08-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Sillent Killer

Originally posted by KONVERTER
Just how far exactly do the doors open before you can lift it up???

like you know when you open the stock doors.. there is one click in the middle and then all the way...

do they open to that middle point with the kit and then go up?

I am not sure. Ask BigBadBlackTrack since he was the first one who had it installed. I think unless you are morally obese or something, it should open wide enough (middle point) for a regular person to get out.
Old 08-30-2003, 04:56 PM
KONVERTER

if i pick up my dad and he sees i did something like that he would freek... he freeked about me putting an exaust on my car...

so he cant notice.. haha
Old 08-30-2003, 05:17 PM
rouxeny

The Lambo doors are still, to me, the most visually distinguishing mod you can do to the car. I'd love to have them on my car, just for the *wow* factor, but I agree, it would seem to be difficult in a daily driver.

Not that I really know, I've never sat in a car with such doors, Z, Lambo, or otherwise.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:49 PM
SirZaLot

Originally posted by Sillent Killer
Have you guys seen the video link of the door in action in the other thread titled something like Car Excess/ Decah Verticle Door conversion. In that you see that the door opens out first like a regular door. I don't know if this is right but I'm pretty sure it opens wide enough for you to get out without raising the doors to lambo style. Then when you want to show off and/or you have space, open the door and then raise it.

I am not worried about if I can get in and out of the car. I simply just want to know if the "lambo style" is going to be fine in real life parking space with car beside you...... Thx
Old 08-31-2003, 05:30 AM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seeing that video it doesn't seem IMPOSSIBLE for you to get out even with a car next to you. IMO
Old 09-01-2003, 12:04 AM
SirZaLot

Originally posted by BlueDragonZ
Seeing that video it doesn't seem IMPOSSIBLE for you to get out even with a car next to you. IMO

I am not worried about myself. I am worried about when the door in "lambo style" hit the car beside mine.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:35 AM
BigBadBlackTrack

Originally posted by BigBadBlackTrack
the install isnt that hard its a straight bolt on and you just need extra hands to lift the doors away from the car.you will need to trim the fenders. nothing a hack saw cant handle. you dont need to open the doors "lambo" style. its just for show. the door still opens normally like stock hinges. enough for you to get in.

VIDEO:
http://www.carexcess.com/videos/lambo.wmv

DETAILED INSTALL COVERAGE:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=31167
i posted these already and im sure all of the question that you have to ask has been answered by those two links. including how the darn thing works.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:20 PM
MySunset350Z

r u people sick??

2g's for this silly mod?
it is nice, but there is no way its worth 2000 for a mod this minor. 2000 is a nice amount to spend under the hood.

then again....i'd probably get the kit if i had the money too. maybe next year when its 1000? or less? rrriiight
Old 09-01-2003, 03:02 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

Originally posted by MySunset350Z
r u people sick??

2g's for this silly mod?
it is nice, but there is no way its worth 2000 for a mod this minor. 2000 is a nice amount to spend under the hood.

then again....i'd probably get the kit if i had the money too. maybe next year when its 1000? or less? rrriiight
like i said its not a mod for everyone... the only reason the car has this mod is because its a show car. and yes its not functional it adds weight and its a pain to get in and out of the car but in the end it all pays off coz it makes your car stands out from the rest of the crowd. other than that i wont recommend the mod for a daily driver.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:52 PM
FairZ

Anybody check out the Lambo door kit from Autoloc?

Quick Reply: Did anyone order the lambo door kit yet?