Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

while cleaing the door panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003 | 01:19 PM
dchi_t

Default while cleaing the door panel

hey guys, today i was washin my car, and i noticed that my door panel was a but dirty, i got some interior(vinyl) cleaner and sprayed my door panel. now it looks worse than b4, some parts are shiny and some places have dull spots. i sprayed the panel down evenly and still cant get it lookin clean. whats up w/ that? has anyone else cleaned their door panel and had this happen to them?
Old 09-06-2003 | 01:35 PM
hypersonicaz

I recently had some tint applied to my Z, and before I could stop the installer, he went to "clean" the driver's side panel with a dirty rag. It looked absolutely horrible, and resembled your description above.

I've since got it out. I simply applied quite a bit of extra pressure with a wet cloth (as fine quality as possible) to the panel, and then immediately dried the water off with a dry cloth. Looks good as new.
Old 09-06-2003 | 02:12 PM
zeroday

Default Re: while cleaing the door panel

Originally posted by dchi_t
hey guys, today i was washin my car, and i noticed that my door panel was a but dirty, i got some interior(vinyl) cleaner and sprayed my door panel. now it looks worse than b4, some parts are shiny and some places have dull spots. i sprayed the panel down evenly and still cant get it lookin clean. whats up w/ that? has anyone else cleaned their door panel and had this happen to them?
yeah do a search this has happened to a bunch of people (including me). Armor all type products look like *** on the door. Just use some hot water and some liquid dish detergent on a rag and it'll come right out.