Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amuse Superleggera diffuser problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:36 AM
ryo87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amuse Superleggera diffuser problem

i have jus intall the amuse superleggera bodykit with amuse titanium exhaust for VQ35DE engine spec. And, it appears that the rear bumper diffuser does not flush with the exhaust tips, becos this rear bumper diffuser is extra 70mm long if im not wrong. Thus, i don't want to modify the exhaust cos is too costly to fabricate it and afraid the sound may not fulfil my needs. In that case, do u all have any suggestions to solve this problem in order to make it flush with the tips?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:46 AM
MASTERGRADE
Banned

hm... Thats quite the predicament you found yourself in. I'd say the best bet would be to sell your Amuse exhaust (in all it's sexyness) and end up getting a custom made exhaust. If the rear bumper is 70mm longer then the factory bumper,all exhausts will be 70mm short unless customized.

Unless, you can make some sort of spacer for the exhaust.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You have to purchase the Amuse exhaust that was specifically made for any of the factory Nismo version vehicles as those exhaust are made longer specifically to fit the rear diffusers on the end. Your exhaust was probably designed to fit the factory length rear bumper on the Non-Nismo vehicles.

Last edited by Kwame; 06-29-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 AM
davidc81

not sure, but would a g35 extension work?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 PM
ryo87

Originally Posted by MASTERGRADE
hm... Thats quite the predicament you found yourself in. I'd say the best bet would be to sell your Amuse exhaust (in all it's sexyness) and end up getting a custom made exhaust. If the rear bumper is 70mm longer then the factory bumper,all exhausts will be 70mm short unless customized.

Unless, you can make some sort of spacer for the exhaust.
spacer, how can i install a spacer to the exhaust? I was thinkin to make a custom extended y-pipe or mid-pipe to adapt with the exhaust. Would it be advisable?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 PM
ryo87

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1Auto
You have to purchase the Amuse exhaust that was specifically made for any of the factory Nismo version vehicles as those exhaust are made longer specifically to fit the rear diffusers on the end. Your exhaust was probably designed to fit the factory length rear bumper on the Non-Nismo vehicles.
Yeap, ur right the exhaust that im havin now is made for non-nismo vehicles but, the amuse exhaust for nismo version will still be shorter to fit the amuse superleggera rear diffuser, correct me if im wrong. This matter really gives me a pain in my wallet, should have consider and check the specs of the parts before i purchase this bodykit.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by ryo87
spacer, how can i install a spacer to the exhaust? I was thinkin to make a custom extended y-pipe or mid-pipe to adapt with the exhaust. Would it be advisable?
That wouldn't help since you will still need to use the same exact location points for the exhaust and mid-pipe hangers. Your problem starts after the muffler/canisters. Essentially you need an exhaust with longer tips.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by ryo87
Yeap, ur right the exhaust that im havin now is made for non-nismo vehicles but, the amuse exhaust for nismo version will still be shorter to fit the amuse superleggera rear diffuser, correct me if im wrong. This matter really gives me a pain in my wallet, should have consider and check the specs of the parts before i purchase this bodykit.
According to this they are using the R1 STTI...

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=
Old 06-29-2009, 10:54 PM
ryo87

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1Auto
According to this they are using the R1 STTI...

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=
thanks for ur info, from the link stated that 380rs is an Hr engine but mine is an De engine. Can that spec of exhaust fit to De engine model?

unless i have to fabricate an extended titanium joint piece to the pipe.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:43 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it fits DE and HR engines

fabbing an extension won't really help, unless you also cut and relocate some of the hangers as well

Easiest way to solve it if you have someplace that can fab/weld titanium, is cut the tips, extend them, and reweld
Old 07-03-2009, 05:52 PM
ryo87

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
it fits DE and HR engines

fabbing an extension won't really help, unless you also cut and relocate some of the hangers as well

Easiest way to solve it if you have someplace that can fab/weld titanium, is cut the tips, extend them, and reweld
thanks for ur help guys, i will look into every aspect and consider to either fabricate or replace with a new one. As for now, my car is in the paintshop. Will post some pics after the car is out.