Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy Z Emblem No Stick Fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Wedge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Courtesy Z Emblem No Stick Fix

We have all seen posts about the Courtesy Nissan Z Emblems not sticking correctly even when the surface was prepared properly.

My emblem installation was no different. They adhered for the most part, but the edges would begin to come up requiring me to push down on them only to have them begin to come up a day or so later. My emblems had the white double sided tape backing. I don't know if that is still the case on the emblems being shipped out currently.

I know 3M emblem tape is good stuff but all I could find was the half inch roll of this product.

I decided to send Courtesy an e-mail about the problem. The next day I got a response from them saying they would send me out some new adhesive backings for the two emblems at NO CHARGE. They were shipped the next day and I was given a tracking number.

I got them today and when I opened the package I was delighted to find two perfectly cut replacement adhesive backings. The brand? 3M! These are thinner than the white foam type original backing and I can't wait to reinstall the emblems with the new 3M backings.

I have posted previously on the vendor site regarding how great I think Courtesy is. The fact that they backed their product....no questions asked......coupled with how quickly they got the new backings out to me really reinforces my opinion that they are a very professional organization with which to do business.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:29 AM
LeMansZCa

cool, I have the exact same problem... i am afriad to drive my car in the rain hoping that emblem will not fall off...
so do u have to remove the emblem, remove the original foam tape, then replace it with the new tape and stick it back on???
Pls provide more details....
thanks!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Wedge

Default You Are Exactly Right.....

Yep, that is what you have to do....

Remove the emblems (they should come off easier since the white foam tape doesn't stick too well)

Remove the residue from the white foam tape from both the emblem and the car

Install the new 3M backing on the emblem

Prep the surface of the car again (where the emblem will go...I use 3M tape and wax remover for the prep found it at Wal-Mart)

Re apply the emblems.....

The 3M backing is dark as opposed to the white.......like the backing that was on the stock Nissan emblems. It is also thinner so the Z badges will sit more flush on the car's surface.

Good Luck!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:39 PM
LeMansZCa

muchos gracias! i will contact Courtesey!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Beaker02

So, is the front & back badge the same? Could 2 people split a badge pack of two if both just wanted to replace the front badge?
Old 10-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Wedge

Default No Need to Split a Pack of Badges

Hi Beaker,

Courtesy now sells the Z emblems as either a two pack OR individually. If you only want one, you can just order one. Check their site.

And to answer your question, Yes......both the front and rear badge are the same. No difference at all.

Wedge