Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:41 PM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok just got off the phone with Nissan and they told me that this part# is part of the diff kit and they could not just get me that. Any Venders on here able to get these?? Of course this is just the tip of the ice burg cuss I still need lower lip support from the diffuser.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:48 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robbinsj
Ok just got off the phone with Nissan and they told me that this part# is part of the diff kit and they could not just get me that. Any Venders on here able to get these?? Of course this is just the tip of the ice burg cuss I still need lower lip support from the diffuser.

Was afraid of that. Is it a hardware kit for the diffuser (sold seperate with all bolts, etc for diffuser) or this kit COMES WITH the diffuser?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
Was afraid of that. Is it a hardware kit for the diffuser (sold seperate with all bolts, etc for diffuser) or this kit COMES WITH the diffuser?
He said its part of the diffuser hardware kit, all or none.

Can anyone fabricate anything respectable for the OEM V3 Nismo lovers out there. I mean come on I would never beg for anyone to fab. the rear but the front is exactly what I want.

OEM fit with style and flow for a my TN turbo/oil cooler kit.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:57 AM
robbinsj

We interupt this thread for a breif message from Mr. King.

Merry Xmas

Now back to your regularly schedualed posts.
Attached Thumbnails V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!-king-12-8-09-xmas.jpg  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:27 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Old 12-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was thinking about doing this V3 conversion a while back and did all the research. THe hardest part was dealing with the parts people at Nissan, they had no clue as to everything involved in this or anything else for that matter.

Thats why your most simple solution is to bring them a simple part(s) number, thats something they can handle easily and quickly. Dont tell them what you are doing or what car you have or nothing, just give them the part #.
well the first problem is those are not part #'s, those are just #'s to reference things in the factory service manual

that being said, the brackets are available, and are $28.00 per side

the diffuser is sold separately (as is every part of this bumper, which is why we just offer it as a full kit so there is no guesswork involved by the customer/shop) - it is $525 + shipping

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 12-08-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:42 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
well the first problem is those are not part #'s, those are just #'s to reference things in the factory service manual

the diffuser is sold separately (as is every part of this bumper, which is why we just offer it as a full kit so there is no guesswork involved by the customer/shop) - it is $525 + shipping
Thus is why I need a fabricator, please hear my crys and make this. Its just a plate that is 3 - 5 inches wide and the length of the front bumper. 8(
Old 12-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

sorry, not anything that I really have an interest in making
Old 12-08-2009, 08:50 AM
robbinsj

sorry, not anything that I really have an interest in making

NP least you posted up but many follow the same route. Of course I should propley thank you cuss more would have my kit if this was availabe and they did not have to bend over for the dealership.

Wish some one would step up though, its a small piece that would not take much time and effort for a fabricator yet it would open a huge door for this kit.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

we have sold many of the full front bumper kits for the NISMO since it was released

I don't see how such a part in carbon is going to suddenly open the door to more people buying the kit - even the carbon piece is going to be close in price to the original simply by virtue of the fact that there would not be many made. Carbon parts get cheap when you make them in big quantities. If this piece was somehow an 'upgrade' for NISMO 350Z owners, that would be a different story but it's not...it would be a front section carbon underpanel that no one would see, so there will not be any significant demand in my estimation. At best I'd guess you would shave maybe (best case) $100 off the price of the full kit, and with so many other parts required to make the full bumper swap work correctly, I don't see $100 being a barrier to entry for those that want the bumper

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 12-08-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:58 AM
robbinsj

we have sold many of the full front bumper kits for the NISMO since it was released
Gratz, still up the creek for me thou.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
GeauxLadyZ

So...then... how is one supposed to reference these brackets when dealing with Nissan?

WHen he called Nissan and spit the part numbers i listed, they obviously were able to pull up the brackets on the comp by the numbers he gave them, only then to tell him they were only available in the diffuser hardware kit. If they were able to pull such numbers on the comp, wouldnt one conclude these are the part numbers? If not, how are they to be had?

What am i missing?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:40 PM
robbinsj

idk I just need the diffuser but from the looks of it I am SOL. oh well thats life.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

So...then... how is one supposed to reference these brackets when dealing with Nissan?

WHen he called Nissan and spit the part numbers i listed, they obviously were able to pull up the brackets on the comp by the numbers he gave them, only then to tell him they were only available in the diffuser hardware kit. If they were able to pull such numbers on the comp, wouldnt one conclude these are the part numbers? If not, how are they to be had?

What am i missing?
On an EPC (electronic parts catalouge).. All major and sub sections will have numbers that correspond to an area.. Not so much to a particular part. For example.. Front pads on a Toyota all start with 04465.. So if u give me that number I'll know it's front brakes and I can know where to start looking. The part number will be 04465-02070.. Which is the complete part number. There are parts that will appear on the diagram that are not avaliable for individual sale.. As is the case for this poor guy. Hopefully that shed some light on how those numbers work. To add to no one knowing a damn thing about Z's in Florda.. U are 100% right my friend.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:19 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
On an EPC (electronic parts catalouge).. All major and sub sections will have numbers that correspond to an area.. Not so much to a particular part. For example.. Front pads on a Toyota all start with 04465.. So if u give me that number I'll know it's front brakes and I can know where to start looking. The part number will be 04465-02070.. Which is the complete part number. There are parts that will appear on the diagram that are not avaliable for individual sale.. As is the case for this poor guy. Hopefully that shed some light on how those numbers work. To add to no one knowing a damn thing about Z's in Florda.. U are 100% right my friend.

Gotcha.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:09 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by robbinsj
Here it is http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.ph...oduct_id=12959

Thats 477.30$ to my door. Look how cheap it is to ship, its very small for that much $$$.
Heres the diffuser
Attached Thumbnails V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!-nismo-front-diff.jpg  
Old 02-05-2010, 01:25 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Just an update for the V3 front diffuser. I'm working on it
Old 02-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Techno Square has one much cheaper than OEM
Old 02-09-2010, 04:47 PM
robbinsj

pix to help out the fabricator
Attached Thumbnails V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!-picture-001.jpg   V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!-picture-002.jpg   V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!-picture-003.jpg  
Old 02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
robbinsj

more pics
Attached Thumbnails V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!-picture-004.jpg   V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!-picture-005.jpg   V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!-picture-006.jpg  

Quick Reply: V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!