Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all Shine Bumper Owners (Nismo V2)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecron350
Hello all.. New to the Forum just brought a '06 black 350z.. having a Do-Luck rear bumper installed.. does anyone else have this rear bumper?
no one does, only you do.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Armando

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my shine v2 cracked and spidered.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Golsky

Clearance wise, when compared to the stock front, any idea how much (if any) lower the Nismo V2 front is?
Old 04-22-2014, 06:34 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by Golsky
Clearance wise, when compared to the stock front, any idea how much (if any) lower the Nismo V2 front is?
Revived!

Its definitely lower and noticeably so, both from a visual standpoint and as a driver attempting to navigate inclined driveways and speed bumps. Id say its about an inch closer to the ground or even a bit more. Also, it protrudes out further from the front of the car due to the lip and general design of the bumper which further decreases clearance over inclines.

Even lowered I felt like I could go anywhere with the stock bumper. Now I scrape sh*t all the time with the v2.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Golsky

Originally Posted by Phenom
Revived!

Its definitely lower and noticeably so, both from a visual standpoint and as a driver attempting to navigate inclined driveways and speed bumps. Id say its about an inch closer to the ground or even a bit more. Also, it protrudes out further from the front of the car due to the lip and general design of the bumper which further decreases clearance over inclines.

Even lowered I felt like I could go anywhere with the stock bumper. Now I scrape sh*t all the time with the v2.
Yep, reviving an old thread

Damn, was hoping this wouldn’t be the case. As is now, I rarely scrape my stock front (occasionally but can normally navigate around it), but with an inch drop I will be in trouble even getting in and out of my driveway concrete invert. I really don’t want to have to raise my Z as I am really happy with where it currently sits on king springs ultra low, will have to mull this over in my head. If it was just me driving I’d be fine, but the mrs drives the car too and it’s our only car Cheers for the feedback.
Attached Thumbnails Calling all Shine Bumper Owners (Nismo V2)-img_20470485988214.jpeg   Calling all Shine Bumper Owners (Nismo V2)-img_3935297471253.jpeg  
Old 04-23-2014, 04:57 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by Golsky
Yep, reviving an old thread

Damn, was hoping this wouldn’t be the case. As is now, I rarely scrape my stock front (occasionally but can normally navigate around it), but with an inch drop I will be in trouble even getting in and out of my driveway concrete invert. I really don’t want to have to raise my Z as I am really happy with where it currently sits on king springs ultra low, will have to mull this over in my head. If it was just me driving I’d be fine, but the mrs drives the car too and it’s our only car Cheers for the feedback.
You could always just get 2x4s or something and place them at the bottom of the driveway to reduce the severity of the slope a bit. And if that's too annoying for you there's always airbag setups to quickly raise the car for driveways and speed bumps.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Golsky

Originally Posted by Phenom
You could always just get 2x4s or something and place them at the bottom of the driveway to reduce the severity of the slope a bit. And if that's too annoying for you there's always airbag setups to quickly raise the car for driveways and speed bumps.
Measured up last night, think I can afford an inch drop Back in the game!

Have considered a proper driveway invert, but the council want to charge an arm and a leg to do it, ($1,000!)
Old 04-25-2014, 08:04 AM
TrackRE112

I installed mine last night and abused the he** out of it, along with pushing in the front, where the canards would go, several times. Paint held, but these things are flexible, so get a good paint job.

Originally Posted by stillettoDSM
Not to Threadjack, but how much are you all paying for a "decent" paint job on the front bumper?
Paid $723.80 to have mine painted. Had the pearl white(Pikes Peak) on bumper, with the vent area painted black. Lifetime warranty on the paint as well, but that seems pretty standard with any reputable body shop. It's pricey compared to some I've seen, but the quality of their work is high.