Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone heard of/have experience with Aero Designs seats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 05:14 AM
cosmec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone heard of/have experience with Aero Designs seats?

They have the same designs as Bride seats. I'm not sure if they are a direct ripoff of them but the CF backed seats look pretty cool and are a bargain compared to other CF seats from Bride or Status. Does anyone have any experience with the company? I cant find much info at all. I just wish they didnt copy the gradation on the seats from Bride, looks kinda tacky IMO since Bride started it.

Heres the link to their site:
http://aerodesignsusa.com/index.html

The seats I would get would be the Ares with CF back:

Old 12-21-2009, 05:41 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bride knockoff, sir, but at least they dont actually say "Bride" like the other fakes on Ebay.

Im too lazy to go to link, whats the pricing like on these compared to the other direct copies on Ebay?

BTW, its not just the gradiation they copied, the entire seat is an almost exact copy.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 12-21-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:43 AM
cosmec

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
Bride knockoff, sir, but at least they dont actually say "Bride" like the other fakes on Ebay.

Im too lazy to go to link, whats the pricing like on these compared to the other direct copies on Ebay?
From what Ive seen, about 1000-1400$ for 2 seats and rails/brackets. MSRP is like 900$ a seat.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:47 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Yup thats about the same as the Ebay fake Brides.

The seats look good of course, but if u dont care about catching chit for being knockoffs, then go for it.

Of course, seats are important for your safety and you have no idea how comfortable these will be as compared to real deal. Plus, i can promise you these wont hold up near as long. You'll prob see quick fading, tearing and worn down spots pretty quickly.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:56 AM
cosmec

Yup thats about the same as the Ebay fake Brides.

The seats look good of course, but if u dont care about catching chit for being knockoffs, then go for it.

Of course, seats are important for your safety and you have no idea how comfortable these will be as compared to real deal. Plus, i can promise you these wont hold up near as long. You'll prob see quick fading, tearing and worn down spots pretty quickly.
Thats why I'm asking to see if anyone has any experience with them. Theres a vendor on here selling the seats so I'm hoping they have better quality.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:58 AM
misterniceguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cosmec, remember to take OPINIONs from the people that have not had direct dealings with these seats as just that. Opinions. There are lots of people that will tell you things and promise you things about the quality, even though they have absolutely no experience with them at all. I'm not saying that these seats will be great, but I see certain individuals kicking knowledge on this forum about all kinds of things that they know nothing about. My personal opinion on these seats is that I wouldn't get them just because of the brand all over the center. Even the Bride's with the name all over it looks cheap to me. It's like a Gucci shirt with Gucci all over it.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:01 AM
cosmec

Originally Posted by misterniceguy
Cosmec, remember to take OPINIONs from the people that have not had direct dealings with these seats as just that. Opinions. There are lots of people that will tell you things and promise you things about the quality, even though they have absolutely no experience with them at all. I'm not saying that these seats will be great, but I see certain individuals kicking knowledge on this forum about all kinds of things that they know nothing about. My personal opinion on these seats is that I wouldn't get them just because of the brand all over the center. Even the Bride's with the name all over it looks cheap to me. It's like a Gucci shirt with Gucci all over it.
I'm not sure if you are bashing me or just saying the seats are ugly. Im always open to opinions and suggestions, thats why I asked if anyone knew anything about these instead of just saying ZOMG LOOK AT THESE SEATS I WANT.

I appreciate you saying the seats are ugly(i think?), and I can see why you might think that. Obviously there are certain people who like the style though such as the people that pay $3000 for a set of authentic brides that these are most likely knock-offs of. I wish that the gradation wasnt as pronounced as it is and if I bought these would probably get the red seat since it is much less noticeable.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:05 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Good thing your here to guide him through proper forum use....
Old 12-21-2009, 06:06 AM
cosmec

LOL
Old 12-21-2009, 06:21 AM
misterniceguy

Just trying to let people know that you have lot's of opinions about stuff that you read about somewhere on the internet.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:26 AM
duro78

Be careful with those knock offs. Usually the fabric wears rather quickly like a year or more. If they get wet the color might run onto your cloths and the most important safety.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:28 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Just trying to let people know that you have lot's of opinions about stuff that you read about somewhere on the internet.

Lol, you and the "i repeat stuff" bs. You havent the slightest idea of my knowledge on the Z and the parts out there, nor which parts i have/dont have first hand experience with.

I speak mainly on opinions when opinions are asked, and knowledge when ?'s are asked. Im right 90-95% of the time and if you can show otherwise, please take the time to review my posts and correct me skipper.

There is a difference between spitting out info you dont know if correct and spitting out info you have confirmed as correct, whether "in person" knowledge is involved or not. I simply do what i can to provide members with the correct answers to their ?'s, and if im wrong i will be the first to admit it. Thats the point of this forum, to help if you know the CORRECT answer, first hand is irrelevant if your positive your answers are correct. I have been wrong a few times ill admit, but i have a pretty god damn good track record because i do alot of research here and elsewhere. I try and stick to what i know, and by all means my knowledge is limited on the Z, but what i do know, i do know.

SO by your theory, if i were to learn about Roman history from books/internet/others, then teach someone else about it, they could say "your full of it, you didnt live during this period"....common now. Your theory on the passing of knowledge is quite flawed.

For instance, with these seats, i have first hand knowledge with the Bride direct knockoffs, but not these, so i will state be weary of getting the same problems seeing as how both are identical and both are at the same price point....thats why i asked him beforehand the price of these....

If you want to make it your life's mission to follow me around here like a puppy and give members a "surgeon general" warning after each of my posts, knock yourself out. Personally, i like to focus that effort on ******* and having fun, but to each his own.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 12-21-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:05 AM
cosmec

Old 12-21-2009, 08:51 AM
misterniceguy

For instance, with these seats, i have first hand knowledge with the Bride direct knockoffs, but not these, so i will state be weary of getting the same problems seeing as how both are identical and both are at the same price point....thats why i asked him beforehand the price of these....

i can promise you these wont hold up near as long. You'll prob see quick fading, tearing and worn down spots pretty quickly.
Doesn't sound like a "be weary" warning to me. Sounds like a promise. Almost like you had real experience with these seats. Read opinions and repeat as if they were your own. lol I look on these forums to ask questions and sometimes help with others questions too. And once in a while I'm pleasantly surprised by a hating azz post or some fake azz read and repeat knowledge kick by you. Your posts make me worry that some kid, probably much like yourself but without the fake knowledge, will take what you say as the truth since you say it like you know for a fact. Probably sucks to have someone put you on the spot for bsing people. lol Stop kicking fake knowledge and you won't get a post from me. Stop making promises on what you think/read might happen. Funny how you said that I don't know what you have done to your car, since that's what I said to you for guessing what I have done to my car. lol Remember when I said that to you? Of course you do, I said that because you tried to kick some fake azz knowledge there too. lol
Old 12-21-2009, 12:26 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Doesn't sound like a "be weary" warning to me. Sounds like a promise. Almost like you had real experience with these seats. Read opinions and repeat as if they were your own. lol I look on these forums to ask questions and sometimes help with others questions too. And once in a while I'm pleasantly surprised by a hating azz post or some fake azz read and repeat knowledge kick by you. Your posts make me worry that some kid, probably much like yourself but without the fake knowledge, will take what you say as the truth since you say it like you know for a fact. Probably sucks to have someone put you on the spot for bsing people. lol Stop kicking fake knowledge and you won't get a post from me. Stop making promises on what you think/read might happen. Funny how you said that I don't know what you have done to your car, since that's what I said to you for guessing what I have done to my car. lol Remember when I said that to you? Of course you do, I said that because you tried to kick some fake azz knowledge there too. lol

I said to prove your point, not continue to complain about your problem with me, which by the way did i bang your girl at one point or something? Why the bitterness? Your word/sentence use alone speaks volumes of your obivous intelligence.

Please explain to me how my knowledge is "fake" as you put it. Oh, and please explain how i take what is said and repeat it. Oh, and please explain what areas i have first hand knowledge in what areas i dont? Oh, and please provide ONE (1) example where i have Bsed someone into believing false information. Or the few times i have been wrong and was not quickly corrected and further admited i was wrong.

Face it kid, your a fukin troll. I've helped answer numerous members questions on almost a daily basis, while you do absolutely nothing but complain and take from this site while offering nothing in return. You've been on this site for what, 2 years? and you have absolutely nothing whatsoever to show for it or what you have given back to the site or its members.

The last thing me or anyone else here needs is a little girl on the rag like yourself constantly complaining about what other members do or dont do, with no proof to back anything you say up.

Your "read and repeat" theory is backed by nothing whatsoever, and is so inherently retarded that i can do little to offer a rebuttal to such a pointless and rediculous theory. Knowledge is passed through not only personal experience, but the experience of others as shared through word of mouth, internet, books, etc. Are you that closed from reality that you fail to understand even the most basic things in life, such as the passage of knowledge?

You offered nothing in your above statement to provide any kind of serious argument to my last post, you simply continued to complain about a pointless and unsubtantial theory of yours that obviously no one else shares. So please, enlighten us all kid?

Say something worthy of a proper argument or gtfo, if you want to cry about other member's posts go to those who will give a damn, cause no one here does.

Furthermore, i would like to see ONE member who has these seats, just one, who can offer the "first hand" knowledge you so desperatly require to substantiate what is and what is not the "truth". My response is based on my first hand knowledge with prob the closest product to the one OP is asking about, both in design, price point, country of manufacturing, etc.

I think all members (or most obviously) here are smart enough to take care of themselves in regards to taking multiple opinions from members and not just mine, in even the case i were to be incorrect. Thats why this is a forum and not "Geaux's350Z.com".

If the wording in my replies offends you or confuses you, ill be sure to continue to not give a ***, if anything to envoke a pitiful, half-wit, 'cry me a river' reponse from yourself.

So continue crying if it so suits you, this is the last I will reply to your comments in this thread as you and i have jacked enough of it. OP, i apologize for both me and little susie.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 12-21-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:36 PM
misterniceguy

I said to prove your point, not continue to complain about your problem with me, which by the way did i bang your girl at one point or something? Why the bitterness? Your word/sentence use alone speaks volumes of your obivous intelligence.

Please explain to me how my knowledge is "fake" as you put it. Oh, and please explain how i take what is said and repeat it. Oh, and please explain what areas i have first hand knowledge in what areas i dont? Oh, and please provide ONE (1) example where i have Bsed someone into believing false information. Or the few times i have been wrong and was not quickly corrected and further admited i was wrong.

Face it kid, your a fukin troll. I've helped answer numerous members questions on almost a daily basis, while you do absolutely nothing but complain and take from this site while offering nothing in return. You've been on this site for what, 2 years? and you have absolutely nothing whatsoever to show for it or what you have given back to the site or its members.

The last thing me or anyone else here needs is a little girl on the rag like yourself constantly complaining about what other members do or dont do, with no proof to back anything you say up.

Your "read and repeat" theory is backed by nothing whatsoever, and is so inherently retarded that i can do little to offer a rebuttal to such a pointless and rediculous theory. Knowledge is passed through not only personal experience, but the experience of others as shared through word of mouth, internet, books, etc. Are you that closed from reality that you fail to understand even the most basic things in life, such as the passage of knowledge?

You offered nothing in your above statement to provide any kind of serious argument to my last post, you simply continued to complain about a pointless and unsubtantial theory of yours that obviously no one else shares. So please, enlighten us all kid?

Say something worthy of a proper argument or gtfo, if you want to cry about other member's posts go to those who will give a damn, cause no one here does.

Furthermore, i would like to see ONE member who has these seats, just one, who can offer the "first hand" knowledge you so desperatly require to substantiate what is and what is not the "truth". My response is based on my first hand knowledge with prob the closest product to the one OP is asking about, both in design, price point, country of manufacturing, etc.

I think all members (or most obviously) here are smart enough to take care of themselves in regards to taking multiple opinions from members and not just mine, in even the case i were to be incorrect. Thats why this is a forum and not "Geaux's350Z.com".

If the wording in my replies offends you or confuses you, ill be sure to continue to not give a ***, if anything to envoke a pitiful, half-wit, 'cry me a river' reponse from yourself.

So continue crying if it so suits you, this is the last I will reply to your comments in this thread as you and i have jacked enough of it. OP, i apologize for both me and little susie.

Wow, I must have struck a nerve. Or you're on the rag. lol I didn't bother reading all of that. You're embarrassing yourself. Know when you stfu, Youngbuck. lol
Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

back to the topic here..

well its funny i was just looking at those seats, i just submitted a sponsorship proposal to the company. located in walnut ca
Old 12-21-2009, 03:04 PM
gofast87

If youre worried about the gradation on the fabric have the center reupholstered. I know people that have done that with their Brides because they grew tired of the name all over the seat. Cost depends on the fabric you pick and the quality of the work, it can range anywhere from $150 to $400 to have the center redone. If you like the look of the seats go for it. If youre actually going to race then more research needs to be done.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:05 PM
cosmec

Originally Posted by nismo_nate
back to the topic here..

well its funny i was just looking at those seats, i just submitted a sponsorship proposal to the company. located in walnut ca
I'm sure if you get it you'll be giving a nice UNBIASED review...

Lemme know if you find anyone who has them or what. I guess I'll be holding off. I really wish they didnt copy the gradation from Bride. Seats woulda looked so much better and less like knockoffs.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get Cobra seats..

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of/have experience with Aero Designs seats?