Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glove Box Cubby Swap...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:51 AM
DelayedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glove Box Cubby Swap...

I picked up another glove box (the one behind the passenger seat), so I can put it behind the drivers seat, my question is, for the glove box door, can I just pull the pins out with plyer's to swap the door to the other side? And can I pop the door panel open some how to switch the cable that holds the door up to the other side? I tried to split it open yesterday but was afraid of breaking it.

If you have no idea what I'm talkin about I'll try and take pics when I get home.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:28 PM
$LiK RiK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off u can't swap doors from side to side,theres no hinge on that driver side. i recently put my amp & cap in there.Its the same on both sides, inside to bolt down the glove box but the door is mounted to plastic cover.jdm versions has the glove box on the other side but would leave u with same prob.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:49 PM
halfrice

its doable, just putting in a glove box behind the drivers seat is easier than swaping from passenger to drivers side (which i did). You will not be able to use the string retractor unless you fabricate something to hold another. May need a few things from the other side depends what parts you got when you got your extra glove box.

Swapping from side to side will need alot more cutting, but thats just to fit the cover behind the drivers side on the passenger side. Easiest way to do it if money were not an object would be to get the panel off a jdm 350z because they are swapped from the factory.

on a side note, its something i would not do again lol (it was alot of work)

Last edited by halfrice; 01-28-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:53 PM
DelayedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by $LiK RiK
First off u can't swap doors from side to side,theres no hinge on that driver side. i recently put my amp & cap in there.Its the same on both sides, inside to bolt down the glove box but the door is mounted to plastic cover.jdm versions has the glove box on the other side but would leave u with same prob.
The hinge is there, its just two metal pins, you can fit them on either side.

And I got everything from the passenger side, bracket, full panel, glovebox itself, everything.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:56 PM
$LiK RiK

gl an post pics when done