Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:47 PM
fart_canon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the board mate!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Dallas_350z

@phreaktor - You're right bro. At least with a girl I have a chance the car makes it out of the first year without a major accident. I think a boy would be better off in something made of nerf. Oh, and she doesn't know about it yet. Her mother has her convinced that she's getting her uncle's old pick up truck, lol.

@themadhatterxxx - Hahaha. Very funny. Pics of the car only for now.

@fart_canon - Thanks bro. It's already been a lot of fun. I went ahead and went premium today. The board has already given me more than $29.95 worth of knowledge so it was only fair. Plus, now I can have the cooo Skyline with bikini girl avatar.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:03 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Where in Dallas are you? Sounds like you live in the northern part of the metroplex.

Also, you can get both the Factory Service Manual and Owner's Manual for FREE online (pdf files). You just have to do a bit of searching on google. Or, you can just come to our next meet and I can give you a copy (PM me prior to the event so I know to bring it).

And again, join us local DFW members at our events. It'll be more than worth your time. We have a couple of female drivers and daughters/nieces/gfs/wives who hang out with us too sometimes, if your daughter or wife wishes to join. It's not strictly male members, but the majority of us are.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:29 PM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dallas_350z
the cooo Skyline with bikini girl avatar.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:39 PM
BlueZ33

i have an extra 03 manual from when i had my 03, but its in storage right now because i just PCSed to camp lejeune and im waiting to close on my house that we had built. but i could get it out to you next week
Old 04-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Dallas_350z

@3hree5ive0ero - I did live in the Addison area until about two years ago. The kid was about to start High School and we had to make a choice between private school or moving so she could go to a really good public school.

After doing a little research we found Rockwall Heath High School, which is an award winning school. The inside is kind of like a cross between a hotel and an office building. It's only about 4 or 5 years old. Actually, they just finished the final wing over the Summer. Also, the Rockwall area was a little closer to my businesses so it was a win win deal for us.

Anyway, we had a house built in Rockwall, about an 1/8th of a mile from the town of Heath. Heath is kind of like a Highland Park area. Huge mansions, ridiculous property values, and so forth. We built our house just outside of the town because the exact same house was going to be about 40% more to build inside the city limits. I know that was kind of a long answer to a short question, but I thought you might be interested.

Yeah, I know you can find .pdfs of owners manuals online. I actually need to do a search for one to tide me over until I can see if the car came with one or not. I've been so busy reading the forum I haven't gotten around to it. lol. Either way I will want to get a proper hard copy owners manual though if I don't find one in the glove box. Since this is a one owner and it looks to have been well cared for I am fairly sure that it will be present somewhere in the vehicle, but you never know.

Thank you for the invitation! I like the idea of getting her interested in the car by exposing her to people who are passionate about their rides. I know she will like the car, but I want her to LOOOVE it. She will clam up if there aren't people her own age there though. Let me get the my bearings with the thing and I may just take you up on your generous offer.

@BlueZ33 - If there isn't an owners manual in the car you will be hearing from me my friend. Thank you for the thought. I really appreciate it.

For anyone who's interested. I actually got the call tonight that the car was loaded onto a truck and will hit Dallas sometime mid to late next week. I'm having it delivered to my Dad's place for safe keeping. He has plenty of enclosed storage space and I don't want her to know about it just yet. I'll be sneaking over there once the car arrives to look it over and see what will need to be done. Parts have been arriving daily for my little planned mod projects. The majority of them should all be here by the time the car gets delivered. I think I'll be busy next weekend!

Last edited by Dallas_350z; 04-03-2010 at 11:25 PM.