Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO R Type S Carbon Fiber Wing Installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Blownaway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the Evo Carbon Wing with the Nismo Fiberglass base and I must say, I absolutely am in love with it. I cannot get over how nice the wing in CF is. Thanks Andy...It really makes the car.......Your clear coat was soo good that we were able to get that scratch out perfectly. I will post some pictures here when I have the time..

Thanks

Tim
Old 12-04-2003, 07:16 PM
350z-z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Glad to hear that Tim Let me know if you need anything else for your Z from Evo-R. Thank you for your business

PS. For everyone else, sorry, that was our LAST Nismo CF spoiler with a complete Nismo FRP base. However, we'll have the new Type-S CF spoiler with full CF legs in about 2 weeks
Old 12-04-2003, 08:15 PM
havabooz

yeh...well i cant wait to see those andy!!...hows the manufacturin been going?..you see any pics of the side yet??
Old 12-04-2003, 08:27 PM
350z-z33

Originally posted by havabooz
yeh...well i cant wait to see those andy!!...hows the manufacturin been going?..you see any pics of the side yet??

Still working on the side skirts......hopefully soon for a prototype
Old 12-09-2003, 03:13 PM
Blownaway

Some Pictures as promised...
Old 12-09-2003, 03:16 PM
350z-z33

Thumbs up WOW!!!

Tim, your ride looks tight, very nice, glad you like Evo-R's CF spoiler
Old 12-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Blownaway

IM surprised you havnt seen it? Here are some more, Thanks...

I still have alot to install. I have boxes jsut sitting around ready to be opened.

Bride Ergo Seats, Nismo LSD, JWT Flywheel, Clutch, TI valve springs, Top Secret C/F Diffuser, Tomei 268 Cams....I would really like some C/F underwings, how about you make me a set like Havabooz's car.....
Old 12-09-2003, 03:37 PM
350z-z33

I would really like some C/F underwings, how about you make me a set like Havabooz's car..... [/B]
Yes, we are working on the CF side skirts and CF rear diffusers! Wait for them, will not disappoint you!

PS. Havabooz's side skirts are from Veilside (Version I).

PPS. Nice placement of the Air/Fuel gauge
Old 12-09-2003, 05:39 PM
jeffrey

I'm not sure if I missed it in a previous post, but what's the price on the wing?

Also, what do you plug the 2 holes up with from the factory wing? I really don't want to get my entire hatch repainted for 2 small holes. I'd be content with just black rubber plugs really. It wouldn't be very noticeable on a black car.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Blownaway

Thats also why I wanted the Nismo Base, so it would cover the existing holes from the factory spoiler...
Old 12-09-2003, 05:42 PM
jeffrey

Originally posted by Blownaway
Thats also why I wanted the Nismo Base, so it would cover the existing holes from the factory spoiler...
True. That's a good idea actually, my only problem is I really don't care for the way the base looks. It's kind of out of place to me. :|

The spoiler looks wonderful on black though. You're car is amazing man, very nice.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:55 PM
350z-z33

Originally posted by jeffrey
I'm not sure if I missed it in a previous post, but what's the price on the wing?

Also, what do you plug the 2 holes up with from the factory wing? I really don't want to get my entire hatch repainted for 2 small holes. I'd be content with just black rubber plugs really. It wouldn't be very noticeable on a black car.

Thanks.

The price on this Evo-R's Type-S carbon fiber (CF) spoiler is $389. It has the new Evo-R CF legs (similar to Nismo but without the center cross section).

You can plug the 2 holes from the OEM spoiler with some plastic or rubber plugs from any auto parts store.

Old 12-09-2003, 06:01 PM
Blownaway

I just want to say again, how much I was impressed with the qualilty of the CF I believe in spending the money on the best parts for quality, had I seen this spoiler in person in a store I would have been willing to spend at least twice that....Andy has done an awesome job with this....I am very impressed...Now make me some OEM mirrors and winglets....
Old 12-09-2003, 06:03 PM
jeffrey

Originally posted by 350z-z33
The price on this Evo-R's Type-S carbon fiber (CF) spoiler is $389. It has the new Evo-R CF legs (similar to Nismo but without the center cross section).

You can plug the 2 holes from the OEM spoiler with some plastic or rubber plugs from any auto parts store.

$389? Excellent! Two more questions.

Availability? And how difficult is the install? Do you have to make new holes? Are templates provided?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2003, 06:28 PM
350z-z33

Originally posted by Blownaway
I just want to say again, how much I was impressed with the qualilty of the CF I believe in spending the money on the best parts for quality, had I seen this spoiler in person in a store I would have been willing to spend at least twice that....Andy has done an awesome job with this....I am very impressed...Now make me some OEM mirrors and winglets....
Thank you for supporting Evo-R, as we will continue to offer top quality products at reasonable prices (sometimes too reasonable and it became unbelievable ).

We do have plan to produce some real carbon fiber side mirrors with LED turn signal lights.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:43 PM
350z-z33

Originally posted by jeffrey
$389? Excellent! Two more questions.

Availability? And how difficult is the install? Do you have to make new holes? Are templates provided?

Thanks
They will be available in about 1 to 2 weeks (still waiting for the shipment to arrive).

It requires 4 holes to be drill, then screw in, very easy installation, however, we still suggest this be done by professional body shop.

It comes with the installation kit which contains the plastic brackets for you to line up the spoiler and drill the holes.

Let me know if you are interested, we are taking pre-orders now. No need to send deposite, just need your name and email, so we can contact you once they arrve. ONLY 10 sets on this shipment, FCFS.

PS. the legs do cover the 2 outter holes from the OEM spoiler, so all you need to do after installation is buy 2 plastic/rubber plugs to cover the middle 2 holes left by OEM spoiler (this is in case if you have the OEM spoiler on your Z already).
Old 12-09-2003, 06:49 PM
jeffrey

When will you be getting your next shipment after this one?

I just ordered wheels today and have Xmas and all that crap coming.

So it might take me a month or so to recover.

How big are the holes that have to be drilled?

Actually, if you had a copy of the instructions on the net someplace, it'd probably answer a lot of my questions.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:50 PM
jeffrey

Actually, one other question! lol! Sorry!

If I decided to go the same route that Blownaway did just for simplicity of install, do you sell just the wing with out the vertical supports? If so, how much?

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:08 PM
350z-z33

Thumbs up Answers

(1) Not sure when the next shipment will be.

(2) You have to drill FOUR 5mm holes on the top side of the hatch, then FOUR 14mm holes on the under side of the hatch.

(3) Sorry, we don't have on-line instruction yet.

(4) Yes, we can sell just the top CF section of the spoiler for $289 if you can find some FRP Nismo base to go with it or for people who wants to upgrade their Nismo spoiler to a CF version top.

THANK YOU, feel free to ask more question
Old 12-09-2003, 07:12 PM
jeffrey

Default Re: Answers

Originally posted by 350z-z33
(1) Not sure when the next shipment will be.

(2) You have to drill FOUR 5mm holes on the top side of the hatch, then FOUR 14mm holes on the under side of the hatch.

(3) Sorry, we don't have on-line instruction yet.

(4) Yes, we can sell just the top CF section of the spoiler for $289 if you can find some FRP Nismo base to go with it or for people who wants to upgrade their Nismo spoiler to a CF version top.

THANK YOU, feel free to ask more question
Thank you Andy! I know I can be a pest with questions and whatnot.

Quick Reply: EVO R Type S Carbon Fiber Wing Installed