Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life after window grease fix?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 10:12 AM
mattvols

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Life after window grease fix?

I had the service bullitin performed to correct the greasy strip problem on my windows. After the fact, I can hear an annoying noise coming from the passenger side's arm rest. At first, I thought it was some sort of noise from the speaker. Later, I have learn that if I press down on the arm rest, it will go away until I hit a bump, then it comes back. Has anyone else had this problem, or other rattles coming from a result of having the work done? I fear that if I tell the dealer to fix it, it might end up worse!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:02 PM
orhanz33

i have that same rattle...but mines is always when the music's on (i have the stock NON-BOSE system, and the base is only on 2/3 most of the time), when i lean over and push the armrest in a little it stops for like 5 sec. then comes back...so i don't think it has to do w/ the window grease fix...i also hear it from the driverside armrest too occasionally....
Old 11-12-2003, 05:53 PM
whosdady

I picked up my car after having the door rattle TSB perfomed. Now I have a new grease streak. I also had previously had the grease streak TSB performed. So in my case I either get the noie or the streak. I'm not sure which I prefer?
Old 11-13-2003, 12:10 AM
joust75

Default Re: Life after window grease fix?

Originally posted by mattvols
I had the service bullitin performed to correct the greasy strip problem on my windows. After the fact, I can hear an annoying noise coming from the passenger side's arm rest. At first, I thought it was some sort of noise from the speaker. Later, I have learn that if I press down on the arm rest, it will go away until I hit a bump, then it comes back. Has anyone else had this problem, or other rattles coming from a result of having the work done? I fear that if I tell the dealer to fix it, it might end up worse!

Sounds like when they took off the door panel to fix your prob they busted an attachement peg.

Check it out. If that is the case you know what to do!
Old 11-13-2003, 03:59 AM
FairladyZ

Just had mine done yesterday. The tech did say mine was worse than he has seen. He said, "yours was saturated with grease." After fix no grease no rattles. You may want to metion to your service advisor and see what he suggests.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:52 AM
mattvols

Service is going to check it out Wednesday. I hope they don't make it worse! My dealer is good though, I hopefully they won't.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:52 PM
LeMansZCa

i had my grease TSB done about a month ago... no more grease... not 100% sure of the noise.... i did push down on the arm rest on both side after they "fix" it.... i think i heard some vibration occasionally on the passanger side... hum.... keep an eye out on the arm rest?!?