Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dent on my car.... :( FU Stupid People!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Mitsuomi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dent on my car.... :( FU Stupid People!

Someone put a dent on my car..... Don't know where, when or why, but god damn it i am soooooooooo pissed.
At least i managed to remove the nasty scratch with some scratch remover my dad had on his truck...

Shops charge me over $300 to remove it and repaint the whole piece, i've been looking for paintless removal but i am not sure if that'll work on the dent because its in the quarter panel... I believe the quarter panel is reinforced with double metal and you cant get behind the dent?
Any of you guys have any experience with paintless dent removal or should i just go with repairing/repainting the quarter panel?

P.S I will post pix of full car soon! I need to fix the dent first, install my new rims (Axis Shine!) and redo my headlights/fog lights
Attached Thumbnails Dent on my car.... :( FU Stupid People!-photo-3-.jpg   Dent on my car.... :( FU Stupid People!-photo-2-.jpg   Dent on my car.... :( FU Stupid People!-photo.jpg  
Old 08-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

call a pdr guy... they usually charge less than 100$
Old 08-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Kcee91

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about that and F those people. Hope everything goes well and nice Z!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:43 PM
r0me0ne

that sucks man. Some people just dont have respect for peoples properties
Old 08-28-2010, 03:53 PM
kevincat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oooouuu right where the quarterpanel creases. that sucks! same thing happen to me a few months ago. good luck on getting it repaired
Old 08-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Z_enthusiast

Ugh. sorry to hear that bud but to be honest you cant pdr that... im a body tech and i can tell you thats a good 2 or 3 hr dent for us body techs. not only will you HAVE TO paint the quarter but more than likely the door to, thats if u want the quarter and door colors to match. the dents to close to the door. most shops would paint the door also but its up to you.

Another option is to tell them you want the to "burn it in" which mean they fix the dent them just paint the area around it. not the whole quarter.( this is where they just buff the sand scrathes where they stopped the paint) itll look great.... for abt a yr then where they blended and buffed the edge will come bck. its a cheap way but not the best. i reccomend painting full quarter and blending door and removing handles and the door delt molding and mirror so u have no tape lines
Old 08-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Mitsuomi

Bleh... sounds like an expensive fix... Kevincat how much did you pay to fix yours? And there's really no way to pdr it?
Old 08-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Z_enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitsuomi
Bleh... sounds like an expensive fix... Kevincat how much did you pay to fix yours? And there's really no way to pdr it?
you can check but theres no access to the bck and if you can pdr it, it wont be nice looking at all. check but i seriously doubt they can. especially since that body line is there.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Mitsuomi

yeah i've been watching videos of pdr nonstop and doing lots of research. you cant get to the back of the quarter panel. I saw lots of glue puller videos/tutorials but im not sure how effective that stuff is. Someone quoted me $100 to pdr it, but im scared it doesnt come out completely and i waste $100 and still end up taking it to the shop lol
Old 08-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

PDR it, they were able to get a dent out of my drivers side fender that is now barely noticeable.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Z_enthusiast

lol trust me... they will NOT be able top get that dent out. the way metal stretches especially since its in the body line not to mention its size. get it done right bro. gunna hurt the pocket book a lil but you will def be glad at the outcome. dont cut short cuts with your exterior... you have a nice look, why mess it up?
Old 08-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Mitsuomi

Waizzz - If possible, could you post a pix of your fender? And isn't removing dents from the fenders easier because you can get behind the dent and help push it out?
Old 08-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Z_enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitsuomi
Waizzz - If possible, could you post a pix of your fender? And isn't removing dents from the fenders easier because you can get behind the dent and help push it out?
Exactly. i could do that with a body hammer and a dolly. lol and most stories you hear are not on body lines and are small and have access. yours has neither
Old 08-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As long as they can access it somehow they can pop it out but I'm not sure about that area. I would just give them a call and they can inspect it to tell you for certain. Here are some local places with Dent Wizard in Miami:

http://www.dentwizard.com/Locator.as...=FL&city=MIAMI

I hit a rock on the freeway so the only thing that you see is a small scratch, the dent is completely gone.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Mitsuomi

I have no scratches, i was able to remove them with a scratch remover, so its just the dent that bothers me. I will get a quote from Dent Wizard, at least i'll have them inspect the dent and they'll be able to tell me if they can remove it or not. If they can't i guess i have no choice but to take the car to a shop...
Worst part is that just last week i got the car back because it was at the shop for 2 weeks installing a new full body kit... + new rims... lol i am broke atm until i get my pay check.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:44 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I used the dent wizard when we needed to fix customers cars at Lexus of WestKendall... they do good work. They just expensive after a while though... Some Douche in a GMC Sierra did the same crap to me.. while i was IN the car. He did give me $70.00 to fix it though but it needs paint. Sorry to see the dent man.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:49 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Oh to answer your question... I had a ding about the size of a dollar in that same area but it was vertical rather than horizontal like in your case. It came out with no problems but I have one on the rear quarter panel about the wheel... that one didnt come out completely.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:27 AM
fakejojo

Im sorry man! I had someone ding my door so hard that it cracked the paint...It cost me $650 to fix because that had to sand it down and then remove the dent and then paint it.

Gluck man!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:56 AM
TheFarmer

That sucks man
Old 08-29-2010, 04:26 PM
kevincat

mine is one inch on top of where the bumper and quarter panel meet. its not that bad so i never got it fixed. i just buffed out whatever scratches was around it. lucky for me i can get access to the back of where my dent is. im just waiting to have enough dents on my car to hire a pdr man to come out and fix all my dents.

Quick Reply: Dent on my car.... :( FU Stupid People!