Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door panel! Need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 06:00 AM
vbgambini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door panel! Need help!!!

Ok guys I don't know if this has happened to anyone, but I searched and can't seem to find what I need. The situation is that, on my gf 350z drivers side door, both handles inside and out don't work anymore. I already have the latch for the inside but I need to get the door panel off, but since I cant get the door open how am i suppose to do that? Any ideas? I was thinking to maybe break off the interior latch since I'm replacing it anyways but I don't want to risk breaking something else. Any way of getting the door panel off while the door is still closed? Thanks.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:17 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

the only places the door panels connect are the screw behind the door handle pulls ( even if they dont work, they still move, and you can still take the screw out.)
There is also screws in the arms when you pull and remove the door switch panels. ( pasngr door has screws behind the alum trim on the pull arm as well)
The rest just pulls off. Operation of the cables behnd the door panel that operate the opening mechanism or door lock have nothing to do with keeping the door panel on.

As a side note its EXTREMELY strange that both cables stopped working at once.. VERY strange.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:21 AM
vbgambini

I know how to take the panel off with the door open, I still need to find out how to do it with the door closed. If its even possible.

Last edited by vbgambini; 11-25-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 PM
xxnismoxx

Roll the window down. Carefully wedge a nonmetal object in between the glass and the door panel. Try to pull the trim panel up over the top of the door edge. Sight down to the door latch with a flash light. It helps to do this in the dark of night or indoors. Then take a long rod of some sort and trip the release mechanism. After you get the door open. Remove the trim panel and correct the problem. Don't try to slip the trim panel over the top before removing it. This is when the panel could be damaged.

Saw your post on sfldrifters and then here so im posting the same thing.

Hope it helps. goodluck.