Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Dent. New Part?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 01:52 PM
BearJew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Dent. New Part?

So I've had a dent (med/small sized) sitting in my driver side door for about a year and a half now and I'm starting to mod my car so I want that gone! Aside from that dent (where there is paint removed so paintless wouldn't work), there are several other small dents and dings in the door so I figured it'd be a lot cheaper just to replace the door rather than get the dents out. I was looking at a part and was wondering if this is what I need or not and if it is, how would I go about installing it? Yes, I have searched and googled and have had no luck.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/80153-p...8-p-18381.html

Thanks ahead of time for your help!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Z_enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BearJew
So I've had a dent (med/small sized) sitting in my driver side door for about a year and a half now and I'm starting to mod my car so I want that gone! Aside from that dent (where there is paint removed so paintless wouldn't work), there are several other small dents and dings in the door so I figured it'd be a lot cheaper just to replace the door rather than get the dents out. I was looking at a part and was wondering if this is what I need or not and if it is, how would I go about installing it? Yes, I have searched and googled and have had no luck.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/80153-p...8-p-18381.html

Thanks ahead of time for your help!
Hello. im a body tech and is this the skin your referring to? if so i do not reccomend doing this at all... just simply fix the dents yourself and/or just bring your car to the shop.

Pics of dent?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:04 PM
qqqqball

have it pulled i paid 100$ a panel/door no matter the amount of dents, can't see any of them
Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 PM
BearJew

One estimate I got was over $1,000 for dents and paint. I'll take pics tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Z_enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BearJew
One estimate I got was over $1,000 for dents and paint. I'll take pics tomorrow.
Our shop rate is 45/hr. your damage sounds like it could range from 2hrs to 6hrs. thats just to fix the dent. then u gotta paint it. depending on location of dent u may have to blend paint onto the fender and/or quarter. then u have to remove the handles,mirror etc so paint wont get on them. it can def get costly if u want it done right. or you could do any of the above steps to make it cheaper on you.