Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:31 PM
ChriZTT

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Is this possible?

I am in the process of refurbishing the interior on my '06 Z. I have taken the entire "middle section" (cluster, cubby, radio, and the panel that surrounds the shifter) out. I want to know if it is possible to detach all three gauge cluster covers (I'm talking about the black covers that surround each of the three gauges) from the waterfall portion of the interior. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Shermanator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChriZTT
I am in the process of refurbishing the interior on my '06 Z. I have taken the entire "middle section" (cluster, cubby, radio, and the panel that surrounds the shifter) out. I want to know if it is possible to detach all three gauge cluster covers (I'm talking about the black covers that surround each of the three gauges) from the waterfall portion of the interior. Thanks.
They are not meant to come off but i did it and it was no problem. If you look at the inside off the gauge covers you will notice that they have a plastic attachment that is melted to the center gauge cluster piece. What i did is i just broke them off and when i was finished with them i melted the plastic tab back on. Hope that makes sense. I did this on a 05 350z so it might differ slightly.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:48 AM
ChriZTT

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Shermanator
They are not meant to come off but i did it and it was no problem. If you look at the inside off the gauge covers you will notice that they have a plastic attachment that is melted to the center gauge cluster piece. What i did is i just broke them off and when i was finished with them i melted the plastic tab back on. Hope that makes sense. I did this on a 05 350z so it might differ slightly.
Thanks for the reply! Last night I ended up popping them off the same way you described. What did you use to heat the plastic to get it to stick again? Thanks.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 PM
agunter33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used hot glue to atach them, it works great and is e.z. to take off again